6.1 Holy Priest Healing Guide (4 min video)

-snip- advertisement isn't allowed on our forums. I'll be closing down this thread.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2015-03-02 at 07:13 AM.

Haste no longer increases the number of ticks on Renew, it reduces the time between ticks.

Crit isn't valued as low as you are putting it, even after 4 set you still cast a lot of Renew (mastery doesn't affect the ticks) and all heals can crit, and Renew contributes to a lot of Holy healing.

Desperate Prayer is the best level 15 talent, Spectral Guise is situational. Some times very strong when it avoids a mechanic, other times not.

You should also include information about Divine Insight after getting 4 set as an option for level 75 talents. It becomes incredibly strong on fights where you might not proc Twist of fate that often as you should be using those Serendipity stacks for Prayer of Healing or Heal.

In regards to level 100 talents, Clarity of Purpose is not weak, its also another situational spell. Saving Grace doesn't actually get credit for the its due. It can be incredibly effective.
    Last edited by Comfort; 2015-03-01 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    Haste no longer increases the number of ticks on Renew, it reduces the time between ticks.

Crit isn't valued as low as you are putting it, even after 4 set you still cast a lot of Renew (mastery doesn't affect the ticks) and all heals can crit, and Renew contributes to a lot of Holy healing.

Desperate Prayer is the best level 15 talent, Spectral Guise is situational. Some times very strong when it avoids a mechanic, other times not.

You should also include information about Divine Insight after getting 4 set as an option for level 75 talents. It becomes incredibly strong on fights where you might not proc Twist of fate that often as you should be using those Serendipity stacks for Prayer of Healing or Heal.

In regards to level 100 talents, Clarity of Purpose is not weak, its also another situational spell. Saving Grace doesn't actually get credit for the its due. It can be incredibly effective.
    Haste reduces the time between ticks yes, but no matter what you do, renew will be 12 seconds (Unless you refresh of course, then it's 16seconds). This will lead to more renew ticks from each cast.

Of course all heals can crit, but the argument isn't if crit is worth it, the argument is if mastery is better than crit. Of course I would like my spells to crit but mastery becomes way more useful once you have 4pc since you will have more prayer of mending flying around and you can finally use prayer of healing with the free serendipity stacks. Your mastery doesn't tick with renew hot, but it still ticks from the initial renew, so no matter what you do, EVERY heal will be proccing your mastery.

For talents, I will be talking about the usefulness of the other talents in a future video, a lot of the lower tier talents are flexible, but I was just highlighting what my current set-up was.

I have tried divine insight, it's fun to use, but it takes too much time away from renew/CoH which this video focuses on.

For level 100 talents, do not use the other talents. Especially if you have 4pc.

Overall, this video is just 1 of the many ways that holy priests can heal, but I did try to highlight what I think is the most efficient way to heal. Is it the most fun? probably not, but it will help you kill bosses and give newer holy priests an idea about the process and playstyle that a holy priest has to use.

Partial tick healing for less (for my priest without raid buffs it is probably about 45% of a full tick) yes, but to go beyond the partial tick you are looking at some very high haste percentages that are out of reach for the time being if you are gearing correctly. Also to start of the partial ticks it isn't too high haste to get.

Well only pointing out things I caught from your vid (you can choose to use these towards your future vids). The way you went about describing some things in this video, it felt like you were basically saying they were superior always. You may have mentioned your were focusing on the CoH/Renew playstyle but you says things like "the other talents are just horrible" I'd personally say they have validity even while spamming Renew and CoH forst of all, but second of all it does lead the watcher to believe they are not worth it whatsoever, and if they only manage to catch this first video it can be miss-leading.

You also mention 4 set being used on PoH therefore increasing the benefit of mastery so DI also increases in viability there. The playstyle that includes 4 set PoH isn't truly a renew/CoH one. (it is the playstyle you are describing by including 4 set).

These are all just observations. If you want it to be a renew/coh style vid, then stick to those + pom on CD ignore 4 set. To include 4 set it changes the playstyle slightly, even opening new possibilities. Also makes mastery stronger of course, but again that isnt the case for the existing renew/coh playstyle which values crit over mastery.

that is just my thought on it. i'm not here to flame, just thought some feedback would be welcome.

However I will still stand by the fact crit has far more value that you give it credit for even after 4 set!

Deleted
    Lol faggot, awful guide

banned for offensive language / trolling.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2015-03-02 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    Lol faggot, awful guide
    Responses like this are disgraceful. If you don't like it don't watch anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Comfort View Post
    You also mention 4 set being used on PoH therefore increasing the benefit of mastery so DI also increases in viability there. The playstyle that includes 4 set PoH isn't truly a renew/CoH one. (it is the playstyle you are describing by including 4 set).

These are all just observations. If you want it to be a renew/coh style vid, then stick to those + pom on CD ignore 4 set. To include 4 set it changes the playstyle slightly, even opening new possibilities. Also makes mastery stronger of course, but again that isnt the case for the existing renew/coh playstyle which values crit over mastery.
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in the video or in my previous comment. What I mean is that the base of the healing build revolves around renew/CoH, but if you do manage to have 4pc bonus, then you should prioritize the use of prayer of mending on CD and prayer of healing if you have 2 stacks of serendipity and the heal will reach at least 3 players.

I'll try to make it clear in future videos the choices that I think really are superior versus the choices that are optional. For example I could have put more emphasis on the importance of the last 3 tiers of talents instead of going over the whole tree. I had trouble deciding how in-depth I wanted the video to be and I think that might have hurt the message that I was trying to get across.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll try to improve for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelade View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear in the video or in my previous comment. What I mean is that the base of the healing build revolves around renew/CoH, but if you do manage to have 4pc bonus, then you should prioritize the use of prayer of mending on CD and prayer of healing if you have 2 stacks of serendipity and the heal will reach at least 3 players.

I'll try to make it clear in future videos the choices that I think really are superior versus the choices that are optional. For example I could have put more emphasis on the importance of the last 3 tiers of talents instead of going over the whole tree. I had trouble deciding how in-depth I wanted the video to be and I think that might have hurt the message that I was trying to get across.

Thanks for the feedback and I'll try to improve for the next one.
    It was a nice video though, it was well laid out! look forward to seeing more!

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post
    Lol faggot, awful guide
    lolwut...angry much kid?...are we 16 again by calling someone a faggot because their video isn't to your liking?

troll or not...grow up and try keeping the attacks on a forum between you and your other 16 year old cool kids club

as for the video, the basics are covered well...quick and informative

presentation needs some work though...lol.....you sound the slightest bit monotonous...gl w/ your other videos
    Last edited by ZiggyZ; 2015-03-02 at 04:17 AM.