Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New entries in old franchises.

Are there any old game franchises you'd like a new entry in? I'd personally like another Crash Bandicoot by Naughty Dog.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Banjo-Kazooie. For the Wii U. And back to the classics.

...But not by current Rare. Could be done by the team that made the new Donkey Kongs. The same guys who made Metroid Prime, right?
    It will never happen T_T

I'll be that guy and say Half-Life 3. :P But aside from that, I'd have to say Rayman, as in 3D Rayman adventure platforming, like Rayman 2 and 3 were. They were silly fun, and some of the first games I ever completed.

P.S. More 3D platformers in general! I can't wait til A Hat in Time comes out, but I want more like it! (And more level-based 3D platformers like Rayman too, as opposed to collecting)

What are the chances of a new Crash game by Naughty Dog?

I really would love a sequel to Champions of Norrath on PC made for a modern post-Path of Exile ARPG audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a new Toe Jam and Earl, preferably one faithful to the original. It would be great if it could be 3D, top down isometric style and, of course, funky as hell.

wait, wait...what's this???: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-in-the-groove how CONVENIENT!

Hope they meet their goal...looks pretty faithful to the first entry and will lean heavily on roguelike elements with some progression carrying over from each playthrough.

Yes please.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Does Devil May Cry count? I want a new DMC game set in the classic universe with classic Dante and all the cringe you can stick into a 60 fps masterpiece hack and slash masterpiece.

I wish they'd expand on Shadow of the Colossus. Or at least make a new game with the same gameplay mechanics.

A new Lunar game would be awesome. And I mean a real Lunar game, not some lame iPhone/mobile version.

I'd also really love to see a new Deadlock game. Deadlock was a turn-based strategy game from the Windows 95/98 days. I spent a lot of hours playing that game and its sequel. Deadlock 2 came out in the late 90s, and that was the last one. Last I heard, the company responsible for Deadlock went under several years ago, like late 90s or early 2000s. So I doubt we'll ever see a Deadlock 3, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-03-02 at 12:49 AM.

I'm torn between wanting a new Chrono series entry and leaving it alone out of fear they'll screw it up. I'd at least like to get a remake of Chrono Cross without the story omissions the PS1 version was subjected to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    A new Lunar game would be awesome. And I mean a real Lunar game, not some lame iPhone/mobile version.
    Yessss please give me another reason to sing Boat Song in public and embarrass my friends.

I want more Legend of Dragoon or a good remake

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd LOVE a new Shadow Hearts game. From the New World was kinda bland, but Covenant is still my favourite game ever.

I'd also love a new Final Fantasy Tactics. At ANY tactical RPG with that job system really .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Legend Of Legaia, like the first, not the second, moar turn based martial-arts style combat, they're the only ones to have done that and i want mooooooooore
    Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Jade Cocoon omg loved it when i was a kid
    Dark Cloud series
    Spyro instanta buy for me
    Jak and Dexter
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I wish they'd expand on Shadow of the Colossus. Or at least make a new game with the same gameplay mechanics.
    The Last Guardian?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    Banjo-Kazooie. For the Wii U. And back to the classics.

...But not by current Rare. Could be done by the team that made the new Donkey Kongs. The same guys who made Metroid Prime, right?
    It will never happen T_T
    Well, as much as you dislike Rare, this is a thing: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rare-s-n64-team-working-on-banjo-kazooie-spiritual/1100-6425232/

10+ Year Old Account
    A new real RPG Paper Mario game! WHY DID SUPER PAPER MARIO HAVE TO BE A PLATFORMER! WHY WAS STICKER STAR NOT EVEN A REAL RPG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jak 4 by Naughty Dog pls

Deleted
    a new rayman game would be great I loved those when I was younger

I'd love to see a sequel to Bastion, or another Star Fox game like Star Fox Assault, as well as a true sequel to SoTC (ICO doesn't count imo), or an updated, HD version of the original Shadow of the Colossus at the very least. Although, these are all one-offs and not really 'franchises'...

<Obligatory wish for Half-Life 3>

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    a new rayman game would be great I loved those when I was younger
    Wasn't there a recent one, actually? Rayman Legends IIRC?
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2015-03-02 at 03:08 AM.
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

10+ Year Old Account
    A GTA style version of Police Quest
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!