Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    D3 is still complete garbage. It's not worth coming back.

I haven't played since reaper of souls was released on PC...reading through some of the comments, tempted to come back and give it another go.

Better off starting to play Path of Exile, since that's a vastly better game, plus it's getting a free huge expansion adding a new act very soon.

Diablo 3:RoS is fun for a bit, but gets boring really quickly.

My recommendation at least. PoE is a harder game though, so that might discourage a lot of people.
    Last edited by Bill Nye the Spy; 2015-04-17 at 07:57 AM.
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

been playing for every season now and all i can say is damn its good, it gets more and more varied with every season becuase of new items and set reworks.
    would totally reccomed giving it another whirl.

unless you're one of those pvp players, then diablo is not the game for you.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    Better off starting to play Path of Exile, since that's a vastly better game, plus it's getting a free huge expansion adding a new act very soon.

My recommendation at least. PoE is a harder game though, so that might discourage a lot of people.
    I'll echo this suggestion. Diablo 3 is best described as being as wide as a lake but only being an inch deep. Once the new patch smell wears off, and it will, you'll realize that it's essentially the same game from last season and the season before that. While this patch has done a pretty bang-on job of introducing more variety, it's simply not enough to keep me entertained for more than a week before I find myself wondering what the point is of playing in a game which is locked down and lacking depth.

PoE will become more friendly towards new players once Act 4 releases when they further streamline the gameplay and I cannot recommend it enough if you want an ARPG experience more in-line with Diablo 2 that offers far, far greater customization and build diversity than what's offered in Diablo 3. Even the community is much more active and the developers are good people.

Don't get me wrong, I probably have a total of 1000 hours or more in to Diablo 3 but, as far as I am concerned, the best ARPG on the market is PoE and it keeps getting better and better by consistently offering community events, seasons, gear, and content. It's also free.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's worth, 2.2 give us new sets / reworks , new playstyle. If you like diablo III, it can only be worth
    Armory : DiabloIII - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post

This... is what i just did.... no offense... but POE is alot better than diablo 3 :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    This... is what i just did.... no offense... but POE is alot better than diablo 3 :-\
    Depends on what you're focusing on. I agree completely that PoE class/skills/ability tree system is just better on any place. Also the season system looks definitely more interesting thant the D3 one.

Biggest issue i have with PoE is the desync issues that seem to still be present in game and can screw you up badly. Combat in D3 is way more fluid and the feeling is definitely dfferent.

And that often has a bigger impact on players - having a responsive game affects directly your experience.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.