Maybe you guys can help me.

During the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iZIsV56om0

There are two situations that got me a little confused... The first at 4:13, he uses his heal to roll backwards in his shadow refuge but, cancels it early to prevent leaving the refuge, how does he do this?

Also at 13:05 he's chasing another player and spams his sword #2 but he avoids the 'return' effect it provides allowing him to just use it as a gap closer... How does one do this trick as well?

A side note, some one in the comments asked about the latter but it's not in english and the translation is a little murky all I get is "Jump + 2" which I have done, and it doesnt seem to work.

well just by looking at those two spots, the first looks he just dodge rolls while in shadow refuge, the second you have to hit 2 again to have the return so he never actually hit it again

To cancel animations you weaponswap, if you check the video you see that right after he uses his heal he also weaponswaps.

The second is exactly as said (you mean the part after 13.05 where he uses it to run away right? so more in the 13.08 area) you jump when using the first part so that there's no return circle placed down.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2015-03-01 at 11:23 PM.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    To cancel animations you weaponswap, if you check the video you see that right after he uses his heal he also weaponswaps.

The second is exactly as said (you mean the part after 13.05 where he uses it to run away right? so more in the 13.08 area) you jump when using the first part so that there's no return circle placed down.
    Perfect! I didn't catch the weapon swap, and I thought you were meant to jump during the RETURN to cancel it ? Or what not and that didn't work. Thanks for the help!