Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Angry Kicked from a pug heroic for not wanting to do leeroy...

Ok so I did my silver proving grounds and I'm ready to do heroics. So I do my tank que and get the instant que and get UBRS. As soon as I enter the instance someone asks if we can do leeroy and I simply say nty and that I'm just here for gear and to go. After the entire group says they want to do leeroy and I have not commented since the prior nty comment. As soon as they decide to do Leeroy I am kicked from the random dungeon for not wanting to do Leeroy and get the 30 minute deserter debuff. I'm just trying to see if I'm crazy here but I don't think I should have been kicked for not wanting to do an optional achieve with a random group. Am I wrong here or are people too trigger happy with the kick button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    If you don't like it make your own group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why would OP have to make his own group for a HEROIC DUNGEON to NOT do an achievement? Sounds kinda dumb to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Meh. Not a big deal. You could've just done it, it takes like a couple extra minutes. If the rest of them wanted to do it and you weren't willing to pull like they wanted, they were right to remove you. The next tank probably said sure and just went with it.

it's not like it takes much longer to do. You kill a few more trash pulls, gg. If you can't be bothered to spend an extra few minutes, you probably should just make your own group to speed run through.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Meh. Not a big deal. You could've just done it, it takes like a couple extra minutes. If the rest of them wanted to do it and you weren't willing to pull like they wanted, they were right to remove you. The next tank probably said sure and just went with it.
    To be fair, I've already got Leeroy, so if I didn't want to do it with a bunch of randoms, I'd refuse as well. Shouldn't be kicked for refusing to do an achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Its a shame they did that, it a tank isn't ready for it then its gonna be horrible. At least you aren't a DPSer sitting in a long queue.

This. Majority rules. And it's not that big of a deal (like all "I got kicked from a group because xxx," threads). Why keep you OP when they all wanted to do the achievement? I'd feel like a schmuck for not doing it, when 4 others did.

The deserter debuff is crap though. You should only get that if you voluntarily desert.
    Last edited by ablib; 2015-03-01 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You sir are an idiot. It should be "if you want your achievement make your own group".
    And OP, next time just say, yea I wanna do it, and then before they ress him, you go up and screw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Should be your response to the people who kicked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Its a shame they did that, it a tank isn't ready for it then its gonna be horrible. At least you aren't a DPSer sitting in a long queue.
    True but the time I have to wait for the next dungeon may as well be the same thanks to the 30 min debuff

With a brand new normal/leveling gear tank and 8k hps healers / 10k dps damage dealers I usually see in dungeons leeroy wasn't feasible and would add a significant amount of time to more than likely fail. That said if most people really wanted to leeroy they can kick him, it's getting the deserter debuff that I think is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    With a brand new normal/leveling gear tank and 8k hps healers / 10k dps damage dealers I usually see in dungeons leeroy wasn't feasible and would add a significant amount of time to more than likely fail. That said if most people really wanted to leeroy they can kick him, it's getting the deserter debuff that I think is bs.
    If I didn't get deserter I would have just been like "Ok" and just requed but yeah you're right the debuff is just bull.

Hate joining through LFD for something and then those useless newly leveled characters wanting achievments etc resulting in slow runs. If you want achiev = make premade group for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    Hate joining through LFD for something and then those useless newly leveled characters wanting achievments etc resulting in slow runs. If you want achiev = make premade group for it.
    EXACTLY! Thats why blizzard put in the premade group finder

I'd just make a deal with them. If the damage is good, then I'll do it. If the damage is low, then I'll pass. That way the ball is in their court. If they're not interrupting, not doing adequate damage for their item level, and generally just playing poorly; then it would be a waste of time to even attempt it.

Deleted
    Majority rules. Looks like you were the only one stopping them from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Should be your response to the people who kicked him.
    And that's what they did. They had a group, all they needed was a tank.

Oh OP woe is you. The group wanted to give it a shot and you didn't so they removed you. I'd say it's working as intended. Just because you're the tank doesn't mean you get to speak for everyone in the group. I'd suggest getting over yourself and running with a semi-premade if you don't want to be held up by people who want to do the dungeons for more then gear they're going to vendor at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    You sir are an idiot. It should be "if you want your achievement make your own group".
    And OP, next time just say, yea I wanna do it, and then before they ress him, you go up and screw them.
    So what you're saying is... kicking someone early for not wanting to do this is always justified to save your group... alright.