Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lafdet View Post
    Thanks for all the advice/Analysis. I am aware of lacking enchants, that I will fix. I suppose the gear is not fit for Demo playstyle could be one of the issues. I just don't really enjoy destruction with it's slow ember generation, however will consider playing it till I can gather some mastery gear.

Also about the drainlife, yeah. Our healers were struggling. I tend to hesitate too fast, I'd say. Good spot with noting it however.

That chaos wave thing though. I were under the impression you shouldn't use it, but I guess there are exceptions to the rule too.

Touch of chaos thing is interesting, possibly will attempt to just pop in/out of meta when having trinket procs and such to use soul fire as suggested. Cheers all.
    Yeah if the healers are struggling then I guess you could viably use it to self sustain. But something to keep in mind is that it quickly kills your DPS. But it's a good idea to just take that off your bar completely so you won't be tempted to use it. Every toon I have I create an "Oh Shit" button. Literally what it's called. It's just a macro to keep you alive just long enough for a healer to notice that you're about to die. If they don't react in time to save you it's a pretty good indication that you need to roll with some new healers.

But waaaaaaaay back in Vanilla I can remember reading about Warlocks and someone at Blizz said something that made me decide that this was the class to play.

"Warlocks are designed to be turrets of fiery disease filled death. They don't care about their comrades, they don't care about saving lives, all they care about is sewing the seeds of chaos and killing anything within range." - Random Blizz employee I can't remember and could possibly be pulling out of my ass.

So the best course of action is balls to the wall DPS and let everyone else worry about keeping you alive. Within game mechanics of course, don't stand in the fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    What spec was he using on Imperator when they were still progressing through Highmaul? (Genuine question, I have no idea).
    Destruction.

Thanks for the clarification about the usage of chaos wave on adds etc. Will incorporate it to the play as I keep on learning the spec.

Also about those saying I should swap spec (not because of gear, but just because it's better). I get that it's required at higher levels of play, especially in new encounters since destruction rotation is easier to play at ''okay'' level I'd say, just me though. I just wish to stick with what I enjoy playing and improve from there, really. Unless the spec is really sub-bar for some reason.

I respect that some change their specs to do the most even at normal/heroic levels of content, but I am just not that guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    i'm just asking why this :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkuggz/simple

double Demonology...go speak with him and explain you know better
    i wasn't going to comment here but omg are you dense? he's done mythic highmaul and has nothing to gain from running it. notice that BRF is the new content?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfalcon View Post
    You're a pure DPS class, you job in a raid is to do the most of amount of DPS as possible while taking the least amount of damage.

You should be open to switching specs depending on encounters to help out the raid.
    Says who?i play the most optimal spec for each encounter because I like killing bosses, but I don't expect other pure to know how to play all specs just as I don't expect the hybrids to know how to heal/dps/and tank. Or are we going for double standards?

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    i'm just asking why this :

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arkuggz/simple

double Demonology...
    Because swapping talents can be a huge PITA when GoServ/Cata/Doomguard is on cooldown. Having double-demo gets around that. Bust out a AD/GoServ/DS and an AD/GoSyn/Cata and you don't have to wait 1-10 minutes to swap talents.
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-03-02 at 08:47 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zvvl View Post
    Demonology is perfectly viable on NORMAL Imperator
    Demonology is perfectly viable on any encounter.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Because swapping talents can be a huge PITA when GoServ/Cata/Doomguard is on cooldown. Having double-demo gets around that. Bust out a AD/GoServ/DS and an AD/GoSyn/Cata and you don't have to wait 1-10 minutes to swap talents.
    It was sarcasm mr. Cooper