Poll: Which spec is better right now (In your opinion)?

Deleted

Is it worth to switch specs ENH -> ELE?

Hello,

I am a former rogue player, and I switched to shaman for healing offspec (sometimes we are missing one healer).
    Because I liked melee, enhancement was my first choice, and I like its complexity and that... "stormstrike" feeling.

But even with my gear I think that my only place is on AoE fights with as many mobs as possible. I can tell why - fire nova dmg is very satisfying and I love that spike of dmg on fights like beastlord.

Still I've got a feeling that with elemental I could do much, much more dmg on single target while doing just a little less on AoE (chain + earthquake). So it comes to my mind - wouldn't switch to elemental be a good idea? Right now my guild is 5/10NM brf (we are really casual) and I've got a feeling that with my ilvl I should do much more on fights like hans or gruul. Yet I saw some posts of ele shamans qqing about not a lot of dmg while moving...

So my question is - apart from whole "feeling" or "having fun" of playing one or other spec - is it worth to switch to elemental now mean in terms of pure dmg? Especially when my guild is balanced when it comes to mdps/rdps. Or should I stay in enh and try to get T17 2/4pc, or better haste gear (especially trinkets) ?

Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kyouke/simple
    AMR : http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...vermoon/kyouke
    WoL logs : http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/265782/calendar/02-15/

Actually, with the changes, Ele are on par with AoE dmg now. So there really isn't a reason to stay Enh or Ele, its just what style you want to play.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

10+ Year Old Account
    I switch freely based on the fight we do (HC), since roughly the same ilvl and can pull the same kind of DPS. Enh is obviously massively better for Beastlord, Kromog, Thogar and weirdly in my case, Gruul. For some odd reason I can't manage to top my Enh logs as Ele on Gruul despite Ele single target being slightly higher.

But yeah, it's not really worth switching for single target damage, the difference is very minor. If there's any reason to switch to Ele, it's for the vastly superior 2-3 cleave damage, which comes in nicely during Maidens, Twins to an extent, and Furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I switch freely based on the fight we do (HC), since roughly the same ilvl and can pull the same kind of DPS. Enh is obviously massively better for Beastlord, Kromog, Thogar and weirdly in my case, Gruul. For some odd reason I can't manage to top my Enh logs as Ele on Gruul despite Ele single target being slightly higher.

But yeah, it's not really worth switching for single target damage, the difference is very minor. If there's any reason to switch to Ele, it's for the vastly superior 2-3 cleave damage, which comes in nicely during Maidens, Twins to an extent, and Furnace.
    ACtually, with the changes to Echo of the Elements, Ele AOE is on par if not better than Enhancement's AoE. I constantly pull 80k+ on 3+ mobs, maxing out at around 120k+ on 5+ mobs. I was doing 50-60k DPS on Thogar.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Deleted
    Those EoE changes are a reason i am thinking about the switch. Right now I am a little more convinced to ele, especially when I got a feeling that ele is better for solo killing mobs (Bigger burst).

Elemental is stronger than Enhancement at the moment. They are better or comparable in every situation in BRF. Its possible Enhancement may get some hotfix buffs but until then, this is the current situation.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouke View Post
    Those EoE changes are a reason i am thinking about the switch. Right now I am a little more convinced to ele, especially when I got a feeling that ele is better for solo killing mobs (Bigger burst).
    Ele can NOT out burst enhancement, if it can, the enhancement is doing something wrong

Deleted
    Are you a woman or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar View Post
    ACtually, with the changes to Echo of the Elements, Ele AOE is on par if not better than Enhancement's AoE. I constantly pull 80k+ on 3+ mobs, maxing out at around 120k+ on 5+ mobs. I was doing 50-60k DPS on Thogar.
    Only that Ele immediately falls flat on it's face in comparison on AoE as soon as movement is involved due to the nature of EQ. On Thogar, that happens quite a lot due to mines and nades or trains.
    On Kromog, hands are too far apart for efficient CL/EQ.
    The only fight where Ele has gotten significantly better due to CL/EQ changes is Beastlord.

Ele does absolutely wreck Enh on cleave fights such as Maidens however, and since single target is on par if not better for most fights, and AoE is at least competitive, if not pretty damn good (nothing can still beat Flame Nova spam), if you really want to optimize your usefuleness for your raid, you might want to switch - that is, if your raid isn't already overcapped on ranged, your melee are generally strong, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

This is flat out wrong. Ele is very strong, but for "solo killing mobs" (assuming outdoors?), Enh has the natural edge as melee. Burstwise Ele is good in raids, but still behind Enh.

Like I said, Ele's strengths over Enh atm are cleave fights. They're on par or slightly above/under Enh on a few other scenarios.

Deleted
    miffy23 thanks a lot seems like switching to ele is a really good idea.

My raid comp in terms of melee is atm Retri Pala, Warr, Rogue and of course 2 tanks. While rdps are hunter and sometimes 1 warlock. So right now there are more mdpsers than rdps.

I think I'll switch to ele, thanks a lot guys Hope it will be good for my guild and guild raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    miffy23 thanks a lot seems like switching to ele is a really good idea.

My raid comp in terms of melee is atm Retri Pala, Warr, Rogue and of course 2 tanks. While rdps are hunter and sometimes 1 warlock. So right now there are more mdpsers than rdps.

I think I'll switch to ele, thanks a lot guys Hope it will be good for my guild and guild raids.
    Definitely better to go Ele in that lineup.

Only that Ele immediately falls flat on it's face in comparison on AoE as soon as movement is involved due to the nature of EQ. On Thogar, that happens quite a lot due to mines and nades or trains.
    On Kromog, hands are too far apart for efficient CL/EQ.
    The only fight where Ele has gotten significantly better due to CL/EQ changes is Beastlord.

Ele does absolutely wreck Enh on cleave fights such as Maidens however, and since single target is on par if not better for most fights, and AoE is at least competitive, if not pretty damn good (nothing can still beat Flame Nova spam), if you really want to optimize your usefuleness for your raid, you might want to switch - that is, if your raid isn't already overcapped on ranged, your melee are generally strong, etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

This is flat out wrong. Ele is very strong, but for "solo killing mobs" (assuming outdoors?), Enh has the natural edge as melee. Burstwise Ele is good in raids, but still behind Enh.

Like I said, Ele's strengths over Enh atm are cleave fights. They're on par or slightly above/under Enh on a few other scenarios.
    Movement doesn't matter anymore, as we have instant EQs, like i said, I was doing 50-60k DPS on Thogar(the entire fight, not just add phases). As for kromog, the jump distance between CL is huge(was buffed with 6.1), i can hit 9+ targets with 1 CL when it MS, which it does almost every time, and I also throw down EQ on mutiple groups of hands too.

We are equal with Enh, if not better at AoE now, because we can instant cast EQ and have 3 down constantly at 1 time. We can keep 2 up at all times if done right, regardless of movement. Thats why i said, it doesn't really matter, Ele and Enh are about the same, it just depends on your playstyle. Ele still gets shit all over in PvP because we can't do anything but be focused down.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    -Thunderspike

Deleted
    I am not into pvp, I am pure pve player so that is not a problem for me.

Seems like going ele is really good idea now, especially with my raid comp as miffy23 said... let's just hope I will have better luck with ele trinkets than with enh :P (damn dragonspine...)

Hello,

I am a former rogue player, and I switched to shaman for healing offspec (sometimes we are missing one healer).
    Because I liked melee, enhancement was my first choice, and I like its complexity and that... "stormstrike" feeling.

But even with my gear I think that my only place is on AoE fights with as many mobs as possible. I can tell why - fire nova dmg is very satisfying and I love that spike of dmg on fights like beastlord.

Still I've got a feeling that with elemental I could do much, much more dmg on single target while doing just a little less on AoE (chain + earthquake). So it comes to my mind - wouldn't switch to elemental be a good idea? Right now my guild is 5/10NM brf (we are really casual) and I've got a feeling that with my ilvl I should do much more on fights like hans or gruul. Yet I saw some posts of ele shamans qqing about not a lot of dmg while moving...

So my question is - apart from whole "feeling" or "having fun" of playing one or other spec - is it worth to switch to elemental now mean in terms of pure dmg? Especially when my guild is balanced when it comes to mdps/rdps. Or should I stay in enh and try to get T17 2/4pc, or better haste gear (especially trinkets) ?

Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kyouke/simple
    AMR : http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...vermoon/kyouke
    WoL logs : http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/265782/calendar/02-15/
    Stick with what you like. "feeling" and "having fun" have everything in the world to do with it. Because specs go up and down. If you like playing something, you're going to do better with it. If you're playing something because you like to see higher numbers, you'll eventually get bored with it. So are you going to go back and forth from patch to patch when a spec is buffed or nerfed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar View Post
    Movement doesn't matter anymore, as we have instant EQs, like i said, I was doing 50-60k DPS on Thogar(the entire fight, not just add phases). As for kromog, the jump distance between CL is huge(was buffed with 6.1), i can hit 9+ targets with 1 CL when it MS, which it does almost every time, and I also throw down EQ on mutiple groups of hands too.

We are equal with Enh, if not better at AoE now, because we can instant cast EQ and have 3 down constantly at 1 time. We can keep 2 up at all times if done right, regardless of movement. Thats why i said, it doesn't really matter, Ele and Enh are about the same, it just depends on your playstyle. Ele still gets shit all over in PvP because we can't do anything but be focused down.
    The movement is concerning the mobs moving out of EQ, as often happens on Thogar, and not you having to move ^^
    I tried Ele on Kromog just 2 days ago, CL was almost never chaining on hands, used it on multiple different targets.

None of that means Ele is worse, because it obviously isn't. But it still suffers from obvious drawbacks compared to the instant, widereaching Flame Shock/Fire Nova spread/spam on the move that Enh offers on Thogar for example.

In the end, as far as the choice goes, both are completely viable for BRF progress, with Ele pulling slightly ahead of Enh after the patch due to being strong on more fights overall.

For some odd reason I can't manage to top my Enh logs as Ele on Gruul despite Ele single target being slightly higher.
    Gruul can sometimes be annoying with lots of small movements that can wreck DPS. I've found that there can be a big difference in my DPS depending on how many times I get targeted with petrify and how many times I need to move out of Overhead Smashes or Cave Ins. Only rarely am I able to DPS uninterupted most of the fight.

If you cant hit CL on hands on kromog you are doing something wrong... the hitbox of the hands are huge and if you do it right you will hit 5 hands 100% of the time...

And can we stop with the "Play what you want/havefun bla bla bla " answers, if he posted here he is willing to change the specs and this kind of answer doenst help.

On Thogar as ELE im doing OK even on Mythic... the instant EQ helps alot with movement and the fight is 100% predictable so you know when you have to walk or not and movement here should not be a problem at all...

And in my last Mythic gruul kill i did 4k less dps than our other Elemental shaman, the reason is because that fight can be, You get 0% of the mecanics or You get 100% of the mecanis and you are fucked, is that simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    If you cant hit CL on hands on kromog you are doing something wrong... the hitbox of the hands are huge and if you do it right you will hit 5 hands 100% of the time...

And can we stop with the "Play what you want/havefun bla bla bla " answers, if he posted here he is willing to change the specs and this kind of answer doenst help.

On Thogar as ELE im doing OK even on Mythic... the instant EQ helps alot with movement and the fight is 100% predictable so you know when you have to walk or not and movement here should not be a problem at all...

And in my last Mythic gruul kill i did 4k less dps than our other Elemental shaman, the reason is because that fight can be, You get 0% of the mecanics or You get 100% of the mecanis and you are fucked, is that simple.
    I'm curious, I was literally trying to hit every single hand around me on Kromog and none of them chained for more than 2 targets. Are the runes placed differently with differing raid sizes, or what? I ended up switching to Enh again and it's vastly superior on hands simply due to the fact that you can cover almost the entire spread of hands.

I'm curious, I was literally trying to hit every single hand around me on Kromog and none of them chained for more than 2 targets. Are the runes placed differently with differing raid sizes, or what? I ended up switching to Enh again and it's vastly superior on hands simply due to the fact that you can cover almost the entire spread of hands.
    Maybe your raid just sucks as positioning.