Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    What our so-called radical opposition is popular for among majority of Russians:

1. Their leaders were "running" (if you even can name it that way) a country in 90s that was utter failure, as other comrades have already pointed out.
    2. Their leaders and other media-persons erupt with abusive tirades in their media outlets (echo-msk, dozhd, live-journals, blogs, twitters and facebooks) aimed at...Putin? No - Russian people. Really, the electorate they should cherish, make them change their mind, enlighten, if they want to change things, instead is named as bydlo (chavs), anchovy, flies, subhumans, worthless scumbags, genetical waste, call Western world to nuke shit out of Russia, etc, etc, etc. With this kind of rhetorics they wanna reach people's hearts?

You know, they do everything to not be listened to, voted and elected. This kind of behavior makes me think in conspirological way about them and suppose that they actually are on Putin's payroll, lel. Wise strategy indeed - you let them bark and spew hatered so noone will vote for them, but still let them occupy radical opposition niche. Profit!

So, this murder is much probably is a removal of one of the best of Putin's agents, lol. Probably someone wants to get radical oppostion going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what I'm gathering from the pro-Russia, pro-Kremlin folks in this thread is this; the Nemtsov murder was a US government CIA stunt. Just like they claim the US caused the Maidan revolution in Ukraine.

Are you sure you guys want to lump yourselves in with North Korea and Islamic terrorist organizations with calling the US the 'prime evil'? You do realize that both of those groups are off their rockers... This thread reeks of Ameriphobia. I wish our government was half as competent as you seem to think it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is much else to discuss. Pretty much no matter what a person says, people here will always find a way to answer with blaming the West, Ukraine or, in case of Nemtsov, the Russian opposition. Let these people believe whatever they want and live in whatever country they want, there is not much someone from the outside can do to change their mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    So, what I'm gathering from the pro-Russia, pro-Kremlin folks in this thread is this; the Nemtsov murder was a US government CIA stunt. Just like they claim the US caused the Maidan revolution in Ukraine.

Are you sure you guys want to lump yourselves in with North Korea and Islamic terrorist organizations with calling the US the 'prime evil'? You do realize that both of those groups are off their rockers... This thread reeks of Ameriphobia. I wish our government was half as competent as you seem to think it is.
    You are special, aren't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I don't think there is much else to discuss. Pretty much no matter what a person says, people here will always find a way to answer with blaming the West, Ukraine or, in case of Nemtsov, the Russian opposition. Let these people believe whatever they want and live in whatever country they want, there is not much someone from the outside can do to change their mind.
    Show me where someone is blaming them. And do point out, i dunno, three things that so called opposition did, that actually improved anything for general public. You know, except crying "Waaaaaagh, VP is evil and eats babies, waaaagh!".

And the reason that you won't change anyone's mind, is because you have zero knowledge and credibility on the subject. Simple as that.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-03-06 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    You are special, aren't you?
    Did you miss him posting in the Ukraine thread? The same bullshit. Like what he's saying now. Nobody has even claimed it, except for a US poster that made a joke. Iron Fist is known for making up his own facts...

- - - Updated - - -

It's so very funny to see you post all the time, after what you posted in the Ukraine threat (Russians are so biased). There is no post by you that is NOT biased. It is also getting clear why you have this anti-Russia sentiment, while you try to appear non-biased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Did you miss him posting in the Ukraine thread? The same bullshit. Like what he's saying now. Nobody has even claimed it, except for a US poster that made a joke. Iron Fist is known for making up his own facts...
    It was a rhetorical question really.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    It was a rhetorical question really.
    Yes, you almost start to think they are having a victim complex: "we are always blamed for everything", while in the whole thread no such thing happens. Or are they like Rukentuts, who has a default set of one liners he cycles through?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really; in fact, when it happened, most Russians, as I remember, supported the US' actions, because back then the country was still on the course of partnership with the West.
    Someone either did not live back then, or suffers from some degree of Alzheimer....

Truth: There was an opening and the beginning of a romance between the East and the West. It was in parts responsible for the fall of the USSR, and continued with ever more strength after that.

Also truth: This all came to a grinding halt when powers shifted and Yeltsin became President.
    The love relationship East/West was bound to Gorbachev, and it ended with him being replaced by Yeltsin.

And for the relationship as such.
    It's safe to say, that such was more built out between Russia and Western Europe than Russia and the USA.
    Which makes sense, since the Europeans are next door neighbors, and the US is not (well not in that part of the world that is)
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post

I agree that my government comes across as incompetent, and I think that Nemtsov's murder looks much more like other murders of prominent critics of the Russian government that any sort of CIA "hit". (Does the CIA even have human assets anymore, or do they do everything via computer and drone?) That said, disliking the actions of the American government in the 21st Century is hardly some fringe phobia. Here's a piece from Salon (the pioneering, award-winning news site): "10 ways America can stop terrorizing its citizens (and the rest of the world)".

Gorbachev and Khakamada have publicly stated that they think it was a provocation, and not done by Putin.

I'll reiterate the point I've made before on this forum: if the US government didn't act like the kind of government that would murder an opposition figure as a political ploy to discredit a a disliked head of state, accusing them of doing so would seem far less credible. (Under Reagan, the CIA advocated hiring criminals and "creating" martyrs as ways to foment revolution.)

Also, keep in mind that, for whatever it's worth, Nemtsov belonged to the disgraced Yeltsin-era. The "real" opposition to Putin's siloviki-run government is the Russian Communist Party.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)