Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild cash flow?

I know this is coming kind of late, but I wanted to see if my opinion on Blizzard's removal of the Cash Flow perk for guilds is anywhere substantial. Pre-WoD I always offered my guild free repairs, which was generally backed by what we'd back for the week with Cash Flow. When they removed it, the bank basically emptied, and I'm now unable to really offer repairs.

Granted, I understand that some players abused this, but they went a little too far with total removal for the serious guilds. And I understand that we could do the dungeons/raids etc to get gold, which we do, but doesn't come close to enough to pay for all repairs.

On another note, do you think they will add it back in? It seems like from what I've seen so far it has aggravated guild leaders. Blizzard's defense in removing it, was that it wouldn't put a dent in the cash flow of guilds for repairs, which has since shown to not be true.
    Leveling up a mage is like being Irish: drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, we found the first few weeks of raiding really crushing to our gbank funds. With nothing coming in and raiding with a full 30 we went through the 80k or so that was in there real fast. But once we all had some gear we were able to start selling boes and maintain a nice steady amount. We were making about as much as we were spending for a long time. When brf came out we handed out boes for one night and ever since then we've had everyone pass on almost every single one, and were sitting at a very nice amount in our gbank atm.

As a new guild that was just created basically a few months before the WoD pre-patch hit, my guild never had a chance to actually get any benefit of the cash flow perk, but let me give you a bit of the background of my guild, we are a small guild 12-17 active members with only about 13 people on avg raiding on a given raid week, we mostly stick to H HM and N BRF atm and so far since WoD has launched my guild has managed to make around 160-190k gold just off of Auction Housing BoE's that no one in the guild needs for their mains, or selling them at severely reduced costs to guildies for alts. But i also run the guild a little differently than most, Every time we reach enough gold in the guild bank that i can give all the raiders 10k each (basically the money from 1 BoE per person)while maintaining at minimum 10k gold in the bank I distribute the money made while still leaving repairs on full time at roughly 500g per person per day(if they feel the need to repair that much) I know Auction Housing prices very by server and posting and comparing prices of gear can become a little tedious sometimes but, given the fact that blizzard made it so that there was more BoE's and will continue being more BoE's from raids going forward because of the removal of the cash flow perk, i much prefer this method over having almost no BoE's and semi ok-ish (not really) source of income from the cash flow perk that didn't work so well for smaller guilds.

I doubt the perk will ever come back, just like have group will travel will most likely never come back

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It was abused, and with the abundance of gold rewards in WoD, no one should need it to pay repairs.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

We sell BoE's but it can be spiky on the GB. You can burn through gold really fast.

Blizz said with the removal of cash flow they'd look towards making guild activities reward more gold (dungeon / raid challenges etc) As usual they did fuck all and gave no feedback either.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    We sell BoE's but it can be spiky on the GB. You can burn through gold really fast.

Blizz said with the removal of cash flow they'd look towards making guild activities reward more gold (dungeon / raid challenges etc) As usual they did fuck all and gave no feedback either.
    Exactly they have not up rewards for guild events to make up for the cash flow loss.
    As usually blizz half assed this and it is hurting guilds right now.
    When we can sell boe's the cash in guild bank is alright, but sometimes we have gone on droughts of getting boe's, people needing them or the price drops on them.
    Blizz needs to look into this asap but hey won't till it becomes a big problem like usual

10+ Year Old Account
    People should contribute to the GBank if they want it to be a success, otherwise, everyone just goes back to how it was in TBC / Wrath before guild repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    People should contribute to the GBank if they want it to be a success, otherwise, everyone just goes back to how it was in TBC / Wrath before guild repairs.
    That would be ideal but we don't live in a fantasy world.
    Heck, why use guild repair at all I don't in my guild but a lot do.
    Do you think these people are going to contribute if they are using guild repair?
    Should see some cry if the repair is lowered even 5 or 10 gold.
    Some people are just mooches or cheapskates.
    Most don't even know cash flow was taken away.
    It is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    That would be ideal but we don't live in a fantasy world.
    Heck, why use guild repair at all I don't in my guild but a lot do.
    Do you think these people are going to contribute if they are using guild repair?
    Should see some cry if the repair is lowered even 5 or 10 gold.
    Some people are just mooches or cheapskates.
    Most don't even know cash flow was taken away.
    It is what it is.
    No, this is the real world, and WoW is a game world. Easy fix:

"With the removal of the cashflow perk, gold earned for missions by the guild will be split by those members. Repairs are no longer being offered. Thanks for understanding."

Once the run is done, an officer jots down who went, a quartermaster draws the gold and mails it to the participants. More people participate, more get paid. Everyone pulls their own weight. Lazy/Cheap can pay for themselves. The gravy train has dried up. LvL 25 guilds no longer exist, and will no longer reap the rewards of gold earned on the backs of its lower level members.

No, this is the real world, and WoW is a game world. Easy fix:

"With the removal of the cashflow perk, gold earned for missions by the guild will be split by those members. Repairs are no longer being offered. Thanks for understanding."

Once the run is done, an officer jots down who went, a quartermaster draws the gold and mails it to the participants. More people participate, more get paid. Everyone pulls their own weight. Lazy/Cheap can pay for themselves. The gravy train has dried up. LvL 25 guilds no longer exist, and will no longer reap the rewards of gold earned on the backs of its lower level members.
    That would go over like a lead ballon.
    The guild would start to break up and no longer be a raiding guild.
    Again in a fantasy world where people think of more than just themselves it might work but not in the real world we live in.
    Have you seen his some people on this forum alone act/ are?
    Some want things removed like lfr just because they don't like it.
    Unfortunately most people only care about themselves and what they can or are going to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would go over like a lead ballon.
    The guild would start to break up and no longer be a raiding guild.
    Again in a fantasy world where people think of more than just themselves it might work but not in the real world we live in.
    Have you seen his some people on this forum alone act/ are?
    Some want things removed like lfr just because they don't like it.
    Unfortunately most people only care about themselves and what they can or are going to get.
    I've added my input and given logical and reasonable responses. This is probably why I don't raid anymore. Drama. Well, best of luck to them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It was abused, and with the abundance of gold rewards in WoD, no one should need it to pay repairs.
    This exactly. People filled level 25 guilds with "warm bodies" just to generate gold, and there was tons of guild invite spam.

I've added my input and given logical and reasonable responses. This is probably why I don't raid anymore. Drama. Well, best of luck to them

Also this is a side effect of taking out valor and damn can't remember the other thing one use to get from dungeons.
    With thise gone the reason to keep doing dungeons is gone and those the guild doesn't get money from that.
    Also my guild use to love to run scenerio's and throws gone too.
    Blizz has made it tough for no real reason,

10+ Year Old Account
    Also this is a side effect of taking out valor and damn can't remember the other thing one use to get from dungeons.
    With thise gone the reason to keep doing dungeons is gone and those the guild doesn't get money from that.
    Also my guild use to love to run scenerio's and throws gone too.
    Blizz has made it tough for no real reason,
    Oh well, I'm sure the raid guilds will figure something out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've had loot rain from the sky this expansion. My guild has been in BRF heroic for 4 weeks now and most of us are in nearly full 680-685's. It's almost disappointing how easy it is to gear up with crafted slots to fill in the holes, highmaul/BRF missions, and the ridiculous drop rates. I can't imagine the degree of a loot whore people would have to be to make drama this tier.

The problem with gear being so abundant is people start to give up and stop coming to raid once they're geared out if you're not progressing fast enough.

You're on my merged server though, so there's tons of drama queens and loot whores. It's also really easy to get you riled up in trade. One time I said something about flight in trade, some people started commenting, then you started ranting. Came back 2 hours later and you were still going.

OT: Do guild challenges, still a good source of cash.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-03-02 at 05:19 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I've had loot rain from the sky this expansion. My guild has been in BRF heroic for 4 weeks now and most of us are in nearly full 680-685's. It's almost disappointing how easy it is to gear up with crafted slots to fill in the holes, highmaul/BRF missions, and the ridiculous drop rates. I can't imagine the degree of a loot whore people would have to be to make drama this tier.

The problem with gear being so abundant is people start to give up and stop coming to raid once they're geared out if you're not progressing fast enough.
    I snipped the personal shit that had nothing to do with the topic, and figured I would respond to this:

I don't raid, so I can't tell you how much loot rains, or doesn't. I can say that I avg 10k a week without ever leaving my garrison. Gold is not the issue. Entitled players who want repairs paid for by the guild exploiting their size and gold making perk... are the problem. I've already suggested how to resolve it, and have nothing more to add. Have a nice day.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good that it is gone, wasn't being used right. Was a way big income for the lucky one who owned a social/perk guild back then.

As for general cash for the guild, do the challenges, good amount of gold.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Cash flow has been removed from guilds and effectively transferred to the players. Which is fine by me.

Before, people would start guilds (raiding or not) and just fill them up with warm bodies for cash flow. I had alts in more than a few guilds whose GMs took that guild gold and spent it on whatever they wanted (100k mounts, TCG mounts from the AH, on and on), without ever enabling guild repairs, regardless of whether or not the guild was raiding. A couple of times, GMs kicked everyone out, transferred and took the guild bank with them, taking hundreds of thousands of gold in the process. Pre-6.0, guild scamming was a viable means of gold farming ingame that wouldn't get you banned.

A couple of raiding guilds I was in had a special guild rank that was permitted to repair, but only the "core" raiders were allowed to use it. 50% or more of the raiders were paying their own repairs, and through the cash flow perk, funding the repairs for the "core" group.

Now, cash flows directly to players instead of their guilds, via rewards from missions, and the considerable gold you get from level 100 quests and LFD/LFR completions. And really you don't even have to do dungeons or raids to make a pile of gold. I don't even know if they have fixed the gold rewards for running dungeons in a guild group, because nobody in my small guild has set foot in a dungeon since hitting 100 and getting 630+ ilvl in November. The heroic dungeons aren't enjoyable and none of us want to do them, much less for a whopping 250g in the guild coffers that would only cover 1 person's repairs for 1 progression night. Not, especially, when each one of us can make 500-1000g per day, spending 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes in the evening running gold missions from a level 3 Inn. It's even better now with treasure followers. If you can't manage to pay your repairs via the basic cash flow generated by doing the minimum effort in your garrison... maybe you shouldn't be progression raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    I snipped the personal shit that had nothing to do with the topic, and figured I would respond to this:

I don't raid, so I can't tell you how much loot rains, or doesn't. I can say that I avg 10k a week without ever leaving my garrison. Gold is not the issue. Entitled players who want repairs paid for by the guild exploiting their size and gold making perk... are the problem. I've already suggested how to resolve it, and have nothing more to add. Have a nice day.
    The gold rewards for guild challenges needs to be increased. They are old. 250g for a dungeon and 1000g for one raid boss (which you can't have a single non-guildy in the group for, so we don't get it for having a couple of non guilded people in our run) are a pittance now. It was a lot in Cataclysm, when it was implemented. But now repairs when my gear is yellow is over 330g.

The weekly guild challenges used to take care of our repairs, because yellow used to be just north of 100g in Cata. Now with it nearly 3x as much, guild dungeon challenges should be 1000g and guild raid challenges should be 4000g. 7 dungeons and 1 raid clear will cover a couple of nights of wipes.

But yes, people were taking level 25 guilds, spam recruiting anyone, and using cash flow for their own personal gain. Weekly guild challenge gold gain is potentially exploitable, but not nearly as much as the cash flow was. You'd actually have to have people running dungeons, raids, and PvP together.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    It's almost disappointing how easy it is to gear up with crafted slots to fill in the holes, highmaul/BRF missions, and the ridiculous drop rates.
    This is a complaint I never thought I'd see.