Thread: Ulduar solo

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ulduar solo

Hey i am an altoholic, never got in to the end game stuff, But now i wanted to try some raids to solo.

I have done some cata raids. Now i want to get some gear from Ulduar, i got some trouble. I got frozen from the beams after clearing the yard, gave it another go and killed 2 bosses then i made a mistake and got myself frozen again. Can i turn thoose beams of or do i just have to keep moving?

Can i do the rest of Ulduar solo or do u have to be 2 ppl at some bosses?

Thx in advance and excuse my spelling
    "Look at the stars and feel their strength" quote of the late Gorblar

And i know my spelling isn´t as good as yours.

Deleted
    You can solo ulduar easy as level 100

im not sure what you are talking about being frozen afaik all bosses should be soloable for everyone at least for me as a rogue
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean the beams on Flame Leviathan, then it is because you are enabling hard mode, instead of talking to the titan dude at the entrance, run to the left and talk to Brann Bronzebeard to start the encounter instead, otherwise, move away from the beam and throw pyrite bombs (demolisher) to kill the Flame Leviathan. Use a cannon blast between each Pyrite bomb if you're doing 25 man hard mode, to ensure you keep the DoT up long enough to kill Leviathan.

Alternatively, you can enable hard mode, then destroy the Tower of Winter/Hodir that is en route (off to the right hand side just before you get to the last section I believe, over a bridge. This enables a slightly easier hard mode, without the freezing ray.

If you mean Hodir, then when the large circles appear, move away from the circle until the crap comes down from the ceiling, then stand on the snow to not get frozen by Hodir.

Aside from that I can't think of any other freezing that happens in Ulduar, other than the "save your life" one that Hodir does if you don't do hard mode Yogg-Saron, but that only triggers if you almost die, and from your description is very unlikely to be that one.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2015-03-02 at 08:42 AM.

Hardest one is Yoggy. You might need to be a pet class, I'm not sure, due to the Constricting Tentacles. You can have your pet kill the tentacle when the portals open.

Other than that it's practically a vacation. Kill the three trees before getting Freyja, if you're melee make sure you bring Voltron's head down to a level you can kill it with what ranged attacks you have within a few seconds so you don't let the other two pieces repair while trying to kill it...

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Hardest one is Yoggy. You might need to be a pet class, I'm not sure, due to the Constricting Tentacles.
    I was soloing 25 Yogg 0 lights as windwalker monk in MoP (as well as whole Ulduar as WW/Brm depending on bosses, including 25 man firefighter, Hodir HM, Thorim before "solo fix") ..
    You don't need to be pet class, just AoE down constrictors. For me, spinning crane kick was enough. Kill corruptors asap, clear debuffs (if you can ofcourse), clear mind room in 1 go, kill brain, burst boss down before adds kill you (is it possible to fail at 100 btw? I don't think so), AoE them down quickly, turn away for gaze.. Was easy back then, today it should be laughable..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Thx guys, yes its easy but the beam caught me. Thx rixis i talked to the titan dude in the beginning i´ll try brann next time.
    "Look at the stars and feel their strength" quote of the late Gorblar

And i know my spelling isn´t as good as yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I was soloing 25 Yogg 0 lights as windwalker monk in MoP (as well as whole Ulduar as WW/Brm depending on bosses, including 25 man firefighter, Hodir HM, Thorim before "solo fix") ..
    You don't need to be pet class, just AoE down constrictors. For me, spinning crane kick was enough. Kill corruptors asap, clear debuffs (if you can ofcourse), clear mind room in 1 go, kill brain, burst boss down before adds kill you (is it possible to fail at 100 btw? I don't think so), AoE them down quickly, turn away for gaze.. Was easy back then, today it should be laughable..
    Not everyone has PBAoE. Enhancement Shaman have difficulty soloing it unless they time Magma Totem correctly, as trying to place one after being caught often has pathing issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fariand View Post
    Thx guys, yes its easy but the beam caught me. Thx rixis i talked to the titan dude in the beginning i´ll try brann next time.
    If you zone out for an hour or two, it should soft reset and allow you to start it with Brann, alternatively, destroy the Tower of Winter.

Hardest one is Yoggy. You might need to be a pet class, I'm not sure, due to the Constricting Tentacles. You can have your pet kill the tentacle when the portals open.

Other than that it's practically a vacation. Kill the three trees before getting Freyja, if you're melee make sure you bring Voltron's head down to a level you can kill it with what ranged attacks you have within a few seconds so you don't let the other two pieces repair while trying to kill it...
    You dont need a pet for yogg. I killed her with the guardians and trash at the same time. Ulduar is quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Not everyone has PBAoE. Enhancement Shaman have difficulty soloing it unless they time Magma Totem correctly, as trying to place one after being caught often has pathing issues.
    I solo'd it yesterday as a warrior... Had more trouble at FL (tried doing it without a vehicle, that didn't work out so well) than at Yogg. You can kill your own tentacles even with melee attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Yogg +0 solo requires you to DPS your constrictor tentacles without facing them. Anything that you can cast without a facing requirement works.

The only class I found that couldn't solo Yogg +0 in MOP was Enh Shaman. One had to keep a Magma Totem down + spec to move totems + spec for totems having >5 health + not get snared such that your relocated totems gave "no path to target" errors. The latter was the problem -- total RNG dependence, a lot like hoping Baleroc got Inferno Blade 4x in a row. But even Yogg +0 is theoretically possible with Enh at 100.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

15+ Year Old Account
    Yogg hard mode is easy as long as you have a class with a spell that you can cast without facing the target. You don't have to be a pet class.
    For example priests dot spells can kill the tentacle easily while it has you grabbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I solo'd it yesterday as a warrior... Had more trouble at FL (tried doing it without a vehicle, that didn't work out so well) than at Yogg. You can kill your own tentacles even with melee attacks.
    If true, then they've changed it in 6.1, constrictors couldn't be targetted for melee attacks due to facing requirements, the only way was PBAoE like swipe/thrash, or abilities with no facing requirements like Shadow Word: Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Yogg +0 solo requires you to DPS your constrictor tentacles without facing them. Anything that you can cast without a facing requirement works.

The only class I found that couldn't solo Yogg +0 in MOP was Enh Shaman. One had to keep a Magma Totem down + spec to move totems + spec for totems having >5 health + not get snared such that your relocated totems gave "no path to target" errors. The latter was the problem -- total RNG dependence, a lot like hoping Baleroc got Inferno Blade 4x in a row. But even Yogg +0 is theoretically possible with Enh at 100.
    More than theoretical. I do it every week. Just have to turn off lightning shield so you don't DC. If I'm proactive I find stuff like shocks can hit the tentacles if I wait to long, then as you said I'm down to just magma relocation.

before 6.0 on classes like the warrior I would just whirlwind and that was good enough to kill the tentacles.

For FL, it's pretty easy to kill even hard mode before the freeze beams become an issue. Just take a catapult and when FL comes out, hit your #2. Then at about 3-4 seconds left on the stack, hit your #2 again. Then when you get about 4 stacks on the boss just spam your #2 until you run out of energy. Now spam your #1. Bosses HP should melt.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    If you want to solo FL on 25man hardmode just jump into a demo and spam pyrite wait till 9 stacks and apply the last one before it falls off = dead.
    I do it by alternating pyrite/regular catapult/pyrite/etc back and forth to make sure the stack didn't fall off too quickly, but yeah, the key is to keep the stacks going. If they fall off too soon, beating him before all the shit just boils down to how close was he when the stacks dropped and your demo is destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus996 View Post
    You can solo ulduar easy as level 100
    Even hc DS bosses go down in <10sec on my hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    More than theoretical. I do it every week. Just have to turn off lightning shield so you don't DC. If I'm proactive I find stuff like shocks can hit the tentacles if I wait to long, then as you said I'm down to just magma relocation..
    This thankfully got fixed in 6.1

No dc's
    No totem gimmicks

hooray

Hard Mode FLame Leviathan is still soloable at 100. Just use a demolisher. Throw pyrite at him to get 10 stacks (it ticks for like 5 million+ at 100), and then just spam the crap out of the regular trebuchet shot until dead. FL's 136M hp should go down in roughly 45 seconds to a minute, and if you're good with your aim, before he even breaks your demo (or the the frost beams even activate).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    If true, then they've changed it in 6.1, constrictors couldn't be targetted for melee attacks due to facing requirements, the only way was PBAoE like swipe/thrash, or abilities with no facing requirements like Shadow Word: Pain.
    Yes, this was fixed in 6.1. You can hit them with everything now. Pretty much every spec had something that could kill them before anyway, but it's much easier now. I didn't enjoy hardcasting earthquake on my elemental shaman in particular.

As said, speak to Brann instead, to get rid of them pesky beams!

I'm a ret pally, killing everything with super ease. However, when I did Yogg+0 the first time I got destroyed because I didn't bother to dispel my self or kill tentacles. Next time I nuked the tentacles asap and removed any poison. I don't have to bother about not facing him during gaze and the brain room only requires me to enter once. I simply faceslam him.

I can really understand the he can be tricky if you can't dispel stuns, manadrains, slows and what not. Should still be quite easy. Just keep baning the door till it breaks :P
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.