Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I would rather stay in and play video games than do most things, outside of going the cinema for new films... So i would say im pretty addicted

honestly....if i could be playing world of warcraft and league of legends 24/7 and not have to go to work....that's what i would be doing lol.
    I think they are very addictive for me. I just love pvping and personalizing things in video games :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jobj888 View Post
    I'm curious about that...

Personnaly, I don't spend more than 3 hours a day
    i spend less than 2 hours a week. don't have much time for games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes777 View Post
    i spend less than 2 hours a week. don't have much time for games
    I go for like a month without any gaming at all nowadays, no time.

I am rly a bad player for video games......I even couldn't get through the LEGO Batman on my own!!!!!!
    So I guess...not addict to it at all .

i feel like my little need to really sit and play games comes in waves. i'll go a couple weeks where i'll have no interest in it at all, then out of nowhere i'll binge for a couple days, maybe longer if theres new content/something i havent done then just go back to whatever i was doing before.
    the days where i'm pretty 'eh' about games i dont feel any sort of addiction at all but when i'm on my 10th hour of doing nothing but playing whatever game i kinda question if i have a problem, but eh, i dont think so.

7+ Year Old Account
    For me it's less about the addiction and more about whether or not there's something to do. I've gone months without playing (while subscribed) several times before. That said sometimes I do get a very strong desire to play a specific game, so I don't know if you'd consider that addiction or not.

That said, at one point a few years ago I was averaging 140 hours each week. Now if I had to guess I'd say I play 3-12 hours a week, depending on if there's anything I'm after.

I can quit whenever I want! I swear!

Not really, maybe I just don't meet a game that made me addict it to XD

Depends honestly but never to make me ignore everything else. For example if I find a game extremely compelling and I get immersed into the world like Witcher 3 I tend to do zone out and not really pay attention to my surroundings. But "Addiction" no I can step away just fine, I'd miss playing and being connected. But if I ever stop playing games I really would do somthing addictive I'd play guitar instead.

Deleted
    It really depends on the genre and the type of people you play with. Not everyone is going to enjoy getting destroyed in Quake or Counter-Strike and that will limit how much you want to play...but with less competitive, more immersive, casual games?

I game about 5 days a week, pretty heavily... I work all day, and when I get home, I like to relax and fire up the PC and nerd out on some video games, and anime.

About 4-6 hours a day

Deleted
    A good video game for me often involves group play (games like the witcher/metalgear are exceptions) so I'm always limited by that. Usually its 1-2 hours a day max.
    Good tv series/anime on the other hand.. I blame those damn cliffhangers.

Depends on the game on how "new" it feels to me.

I can't play WoW for extended periods of time anymore. I lose interest too quickly.
    A new game that I'm enjoying will consume most of my free time.
    A new grindy game (Pokemon/MMOs) will consume all of my free time and force me to stop playing.

Depends on what games. Storydriven games such as Bioshock Infinite can have me hooked for several hours straight, while games like Hearthstone as an example bores me out after just an hour or two.

Very, up to a point. When I get burn out, I'll take a month or so break and then switch games. rinse/repeat

Deleted
    I gave up my life for video gamez. :/

how to not addictive a game ?

Deleted
    They can be pretty addictive if they are build to be compulsive.

I play about an hour a day, more in the weekend.

for me games is great when u play in free time but not all free time << i don't do this rule btw xD

I probably play games for around 4 hours every month when I'm hanging out with some dudes and the console and trash talking conveniently appears. Otherwise, the only exception is WoW, which I play every launch in a very addictive and irresponsible manner. Recently, I've been getting off to play for 6-8 hours straight and the entire day on weekends and yes, this does occur every launch for two to three weeks. The only reason I end up leaving is that I'm left with the community. I typically leave this game in disgust as it makes me question the way I'm wasting time.

I'm Robert, 33, occasionally addicted to video games, and I thank you for your time here at Gamers Anonymous.