From Totems to Death

Hillo Lords of Death!

Ok, I was (the best) Resto/Ele Shaman (in the world) but, since my guild had a lot of problems with the Tanks, I decided to switch to (be the best) Blood Death Knight (in the world) until we find another Tank, so I can go back to my Shaman.

Before we begin my questions, heres my stats:

Armory Here
    Strength 4026
    Attack Power 5446
    Multistrike 22.23%
    Bonus Armor 517
    Armor 3182
    Parry 18.62%
    Crit 7.07%
    Haste 20.58%
    Mastery 39.76%
    Versatility 5.80%

Ok, jokes aside, heres the things I wanna know:

1 - Death Strike
    Do we use it as often as possible or wait to get 4-5 stacks on Scent of Blood?

Why I have this question?
    Cause I saw another DK like spamming Death Strike and he did more self-heal than me (about 35%). But I couldnt had the chance to ask him why or even analyze if his Death Strikes were effective (healing and not overhealing). He had ~35% haste and a better gear than mine.

==============

2 - The Level 100 Tier
    Right now Im using Defile (love the name, love the skill), but I can see that Breath of Sindragosa is taking places everywhere, and since it consumes all of our Runic Power, do we have to cap and try to maintain as long as possible? Is it a DPS cooldown more like or a Healing one? Does it not messes up with Shadows of Death (+%HP) stacks?

I have low gear (667) and the crafted Axe (stage 4/4) and my stats are like, soooo bad, I think I cant use the maximum duration of it.

==============

3 - Cooldown Usage
    I normally use Vampiric Blood + Rune Tap / Anti-Magic Shell + Rune Tap / Icebound Fortitude / Purgatory + Death Strike -> Death Pact for the most of bosses damaging skills like Inferno Slike on Gruul, Acidic Torrent on Oreg, Suplex on Hans and Frans and so on. Also I keep Bone Shield Up every minute.

Empower Rune Weapon and Army of the Dead I use mainly as a DPS Cooldown, Dancing Runic Weapon I use as a DPS Cooldown too, but when I taunt the boss to release the stacks of the other tank, I try to pop it to go easy on healers.

Am I using things right? And if so, in the right combinations? Sometimes I feel imortal, and sometimes I feel so breakable like thin glass.

==============

4 - Dark Simulacrum
    Does this spell works on any Highmaul or Blackrock Foundry Bosses? If so, which ones?

Its a nice spell, and I know it works on a lot of trash mobs.

==============

Thats it (for now), thanks in (Deaths) advance and Im sorry for my english (not primary) and this Death Knight is my Alt, dont be too hard on me, Ive never played Death Knight before, only as an Alt, now I wanna be the best for my guild.

sig by Winter Blossom

Holy puns you laid it on thick haha, A+ on adding them in like that.

We have a Blood DK guide stickied here, it might provide you a good bit of help if you ask there instead. If you want to dps on your DK as well we have a DPS thread as well (I don't tank, I DPS so I help there but unfortunately I'm no help to you besides telling you of the thread).

Pretty much the only question not answered (iirc) by the guide is the DS one.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-TLDR-Version)

I think only Oregorger uses Mana on spells, never tried DS though.

If your survivability is an issue, try to time Death Strike so it overheals as little as possible and maximize your Blood Shield. An addon called Blood Shield Tracker helps a lot with this. Ignore Scent of Blood, it's passive and you should be spending Blood runes on Blood Boil/Soul Reaper anyway because... there's nothing else to spend them on. (Unless you spec Blood Tap/Plague Leech and turn them into Blood-Death, but that's a more advanced topic and still hasn't been fully theorycrafted, new for 6.1.) Anyway, this is the core Blood gameplay mechanic.

Survivability is almost never an issue, though, so many tanks just spam Death Strike to maximize damage.

Oh I didn't think to answer the Dark Sim question. Doesn't work on any bosses in BRF or Highmaul. Works on some trash mobs here and there, not 100% on all the adds in BRF though.

I read it the entire guide, all parts, (long and TLDR), but still got that questions, also, read a guide of Raziee on Method, also guides Noxxic, Icy Veins and probably a Polonian (http://blooddk.pl/) and one in Russian site, thanks google.translate. Im very into DK, I just wanna got those questions straight.

So, till now:

1 - Spam Death Strike
    2 - Lean how to Breath of Sindragosa
    3 - Manage better my cooldows/communication with healer cooldowns
    4 - Remove Dark Simulacrum from action bar

Also, I appreciate the feedback from you, and I dont want to DPS as DK, just to Tank, I have my beloved (best from the world) Shaman. But Gargoyle is pretty neat!

sig by Winter Blossom

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're not supposed to mindlessly spam DS. You can mostly spam with the caveat that you always have a backup DS, be it in the form of stored BT charges or sitting on a pair of UF (or DD) Runes.