Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Saw it & hated it. I don't see this making the fall line-up at all. I'm putting time of death 4 episodes...if even that.
    well it just got picked up for a second season, so there's that.
    Hi

Episode 8 was such a cringefest but i still love watching the show.

Love the bar with all his ball friends.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Chris Miller and Phil Lord are comedy geniuses, and I loved the first three episodes, and since the show's been renewed anyway, I'm going to continue watching in hopes it gets past this "Phil is being a painfully obvious lying asshole" phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    "Phil is being a painfully obvious lying asshole" phase.
    It's horrible. His tone of voice changes and immediately it's like here comes another pathetic lie. For the most part it's all he's been doing too. It was awesome until people started showing up lol

The last few episodes are what I feared when I heard it was staring Will Forte. This is the Will Forte I can't stand. The whining, lying fake smile Will Forte. I can't believe this was renewed, especially since the ratings, which weren't fantastic to start with, have been plummeting since Episode 4. I guess that's Fox for you though, cancel great shows and renew crap.

EDIT: Oh and as I said on another forum. The show was great when he was by himself, ok when Carol showed up, bad when Melissa showed up and terrible when Tom showed up. Not that I have anything against Melissa or Tom, I actually like them both a lot. It's all Phil. I loved him when he was by himself but his interaction with Melissa and Todd just makes me want to change the channel.

This is all not to mention the fact that the show is called "Last Man on Earth" and he's not.
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2015-04-09 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    This is all not to mention the fact that the show is called "Last Man on Earth" and he's not.
    This is a complaint I can't really understand, I mean after one or two episodes they basically whipped through all the stuff he could have done alone. I mean they could have drawn it out a bit more, but otherwise there was no way the show continues for very long without other people. It also would likely not have been very funny if it ended up with like 10 females and 1 male.

And for the complaints about Phil I mostly agree, in fact its the major reason I quit watching. I will say I also generally annoyed by super weird characters like they are making Carol, so that didn't help either. This show could easily be funny, just a post apocalyptic comedy alone sounds pretty good, but this was pretty bungled.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    This is a complaint I can't really understand, I mean after one or two episodes they basically whipped through all the stuff he could have done alone. I mean they could have drawn it out a bit more, but otherwise there was no way the show continues for very long without other people. It also would likely not have been very funny if it ended up with like 10 females and 1 male.
    I agree with your points, in fact I said earlier in the thread that without external conflict the show won't last long, but they still could have come up with a better, more accurate, title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I agree with your points, in fact I said earlier in the thread that without external conflict the show won't last long, but they still could have come up with a better, more accurate, title.
    I don't know, maybe they come up with some secret clever meaning to it later on.

Hopefully now that he's admitted he's a liar and divorced carol we can get away from this BS and the show can be funny. I'll give it another week. This week was extremely close to my last but the last few minutes of the last episode gave me hope again.

This weeks episode was pretty good actually.

this is in my opinion the best new show in years. but i cant quite help but wish old phil would just leave and start over, i wonder if thats how it will end. new phil sucks.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Debating whether to continue watching it or not. On one hand, I wanna see where it's going, but I absolutely cannot STAND the cringe-humor. I have to pause it repeatedly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    this is in my opinion the best new show in years. but i cant quite help but wish old phil would just leave and start over, i wonder if thats how it will end. new phil sucks.
    Doubt it will ever happen unless they decide to permanently ban him. He's the guy who wants to stay in Tucson, and he doesn't want to be alone.

He's officially Tandy. Love it. Great show. Perfectly over-the-top.

Great last episode. It finally happened. I'm curious about what will happen now.

I haven't heard anything about this show, but someone apparently found my youtube lyrics video of "Shiny Toy Guns - Major Tom" from it. They left a comment saying it brought them there. So that is cool ^^
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Sooooo

Phil's brother is alive and a Astronaut

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

totally called it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's horrible. His tone of voice changes and immediately it's like here comes another pathetic lie. For the most part it's all he's been doing too. It was awesome until people started showing up lol
    Yeah, now it's the same skit with different subject matter each week. He seems to be a one-trick pony in this show, although I don't remember him being that way previously.

It's too bad - the idea had such potential.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yeah, now it's the same skit with different subject matter each week. He seems to be a one-trick pony in this show, although I don't remember him being that way previously.

It's too bad - the idea had such potential.
    The show evolves a lot more than I thought it would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    totally called it.
    You said he would leave. He got kicked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it get any better lately? I completely stopped with the episode where the two chicks entered the equation.
    At that point the jokes became not believable anymore.. No guy would ever be that stupid acting, ever.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."