Deleted

Need some web hosting advice

Hello everyone,

Sorry for a second website-related post - first post spawned another question.

I'm going to be hosting a website over the next 24-48 hours. I know the content I'm going to have on it and I have a free domain already picked out. Does anyone have any advice as to which provider is best to use? I'm not only looking for a domain registration, but preferably one that can have a way to design the website as well.

I don't have a lot of experience with web design, etc. which leads to my request. Think I should find an all-in-one type of deal (I ran some things through GoDaddy and found that it'd cost like $80 bucks for 6 months of domain hosting, website customization, and SEO) or just get the domain and then hire a web designer to make one for me?

I'm not really sure; it's my first time venturing outside the not-so-complicated world of websiteurl.blogspot.com.

http://lowendbox.com/

If you know Linux.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to avoid GoDaddy if for no other reason then the owner is a massive dick. I dislike the idea of my hosting fees going to fund his next rhino hunt.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.eff.org/keeping-your-sit...ing-a-web-host

My personal site is hosted on Dreamhost. No problems at all.

Hey there

Since you're kind of new to this field... Godaddy in a way is kind of hard to complex it.

If you're looking for something easy to use and manage the website, I'd suggest HostGator for your entry level.

Hostgator comes with "cPanel" which has a buttload of features packed in it and also a site designer.

Hostgator has a promotion code with HOSTGATOR30 Which would bring 6 months plan to $37.59 **The Hatchling plan**

I use them for my work website and it works flawlessly. Uptime has been about 99.93% for the past year with hostgator.

They also have a 45 day money back guarantee.

Their hosting features can be found here http://www.hostgator.com/shared

You could always use a "premade" website template and customize that or use wordpress as a base.

Just my 2 cents, but if you know linux.. Just get a VPS(Virtual private server) from like digitalocean or vultr

I've been switching my stuff to Amazon EC2, because it's free and nothing I use gets much traffic anyway. I used to just use a few linux VM's at work and hog their bandwidth, but I figured that'll be a bad thing if I ever leave here (or get told to leave).
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

It's been so long since I'd been into this. I kinda miss it. For purchasing the URL, GoDaddy was a good option and then host elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

What's wrong with buying a Raspberry Pi, download a webdesign template you like and point the domain to it? Only thing that costs money would be the Raspberry. As a bonus you get to keep the Raspberry too.