Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely my first 4.2 ragnaros heroic kill. Had wiped on that guy for well over a month at that point.

I once sat in a 2v2 team fortress match against a heavy + medic combo... I was a spy.... hiding as their heavy. I got 6 kills before they realized their mistakes.

Another fun one was messing around in arathi basin way back when. I kept getting someone to kill themselves via fall dmg by jumping off at low hp and shadowstepping behind them before they chased after (of course getting a few last shots in on them). if they didn't jump after, I would just land and run away (OP rogue falling skills)

It was during tBC but i do recall a low level arathi basin match (30ish if I recall). With my lock, constant fears and dots I managed to 1v4-5 to defend mines. The part I remembered were the compliments I received from the team mates. There is no way I'm going to see those again in this time of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    During WotLK I was maining my tauren warrior and playing my troll hunter a little bit, it was my big expansion, hardcore raiding, dabbled in pvp, but during this time 2 things happened.

First, on my warrior, the most satisfying thing i have ever done on him took place, during a pvp match in AB me and a few others pushed on lumber mill where there was this paladin whom was completely destroying us... But as we all started to get him down he bubbled and ran towards the edge of the cliff and jumped. But as he jumped my shattering throw had half a second left on its cast and hit him as he went over the edge, popping his bubble and sending him straight into the ground giving me the kill XD it was glorious!

Second, on my hunter, we were taking on The Lich King, and had him low, i forget the percentage now but when the val'kyr came down to pick someone up and drop them off the edge i told them not to worry about me and focus down the boss, there was a lot of that black stuff on the floor i forget the name of it now *funny since it was engrained in my mind for almost a year XD* but as the val'kyr pulled me over the edge i thought of any way to get out of it, and as it dropped me i popped disengage and landed LITERALLY on the very edge of the platform. It was glorious, i wish i was recording it XD.

When my date mission passed with my gf in GTA. Lol...
    Anyone for PvP ? I'm waiting Elsword India Throw me a challenge..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoJuice View Post
    Trial of the Grand Crusader Heroic, the PvP-style boss.

As a disc priest, I unknowingly got hit with a disarm, and right clicked the enemy totem to stomp that totem.

Got my fist-weapon skill-400 achievement, and also happened to be the first time we beat that boss.
    haha that's awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    without a doubt the first time you beat a mission in SpaceChem.

i have played games for 20 years but rarely there was anything similar satisfying as completing a complete logistic chain of reactors to fuse the right atoms in an usable output. it is up to date one of the hardest puzzle games but also one of the most fulfilling.

or perhaps some of the hard puzzles in Shivers. one, if not the, best adventure ever created.

-Killing Theseus in god of war 2 on titan difficulty. I can't even remember how many hours it took me to get him down. Rest of the game was pretty easy compared to that.
    -Beating Ninja Gaiden 2 on the hardest difficulty without the max money cheesing
    -Beating Dragon Age: Origins on nightmare difficulty
    -Killing alliance 1v3 for 1,5hours on my fully arena geared warrior with hc gurthalak back in cata
    -Getting a 5man Scylla ultimate in Smite

That's about it.

City of Heroes, Issue 2 or 3, running a Faathim the Kind Task Force on Invincible, and keeping all 8 team members through the entire TF, and then finally besting a L54 Lanaru the Mad. Not only was besting him an impressive feat, keeping the entire team together throughout the TF was even more impressive (this is the only time this happened to me). You almost always lose one person during the 1st 3 missions, when you are fighting wall-to-wall Rularuu, and it was not uncommon for another 1 or 2 players to drop during the remainder of the TF due to getting frustrated at navigating the Shadow Shard (4 large zones of floating islands that you used geysers to leap from one island to another, and if you fell into the void below, you respawned at the beginning of the zone). Keeping all 8 players meant that enemies, including Archvillains, spawned at +4 levels to us (which meant we were ~50% less effective (though base accuracy was ~40%), while enemies were ~145% more effective). Other than Hamidon, I'd have to say Lanaru was still one of the toughest encounters in the game, especially when he was brought back for the Cathedral of Pain trial (which most players just quit the trial if he was the final boss. LOL).
    ((For those who played CoH, this was also done before HOs, as Hamidon had not yet been defeated, though I was there when Liberty first defeated him, which was pretty damn epic as well))

Beating the Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads for the first time, it's one of the few times I've had to really sit back and catch my breath after doing something in a video game. Been progressing further than that since and it's far from the hardest level in the game, but Turbo Tunnel is the first big obstacle to get past in the game, the satisfaction I got from beating that level highlights to me how important difficulty can be for a game.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...

There are many, but the time I felt most satisfied with myself was probably this:

So here I was, leveling my lowbie alt Mage in the Tanaris desert. A few hours after I had witnessed some pretty awesome Mage PvP-action on my friends behalf and was pretty stoked about leveling one of my own.
    I arrive at Gadgetzan and to my "surprise" there's a group of 3 lowbie Horde players, who were a few levels above me, ganking other lowbies like myself that dared to step foot outside the guards aggro-range. I was, however, not as easily intimidated as the rest of the low-level Alliance players present at the scene... I decided to try my luck and decided to challenge them into an epic 3vs1 duel and made them follow me far away from the city so that we could fight in peace.

After getting quite far away from Gadgetzan I started fighting them and for some reason I managed to kill all of them several times before they decided on a "tactical retreat"... Which resulted in me killing all of them plenty of times before they managed to reach the guards aggro-range.

They were pretty bad, but regardless I felt like some sort of PvP God after giving 3 people above my own level a run for their money :P

Gotta admit, there's nothing quite as fun as random low-level World PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Passing the final mission in GTA San Andreas, that scene was long!

Finishing The Last of Us gave a big feeling of satisfaction.

Finishing Wolfenstein the New Order and being amazed by how well it was done for a shooter.

Finishing TMNT:II on the NES with my buddy with zero deaths :-)
    To name a few.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Beating the Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads for the first time, it's one of the few times I've had to really sit back and catch my breath after doing something in a video game. Been progressing further than that since and it's far from the hardest level in the game, but Turbo Tunnel is the first big obstacle to get past in the game, the satisfaction I got from beating that level highlights to me how important difficulty can be for a game.
    I've only got pass that state once, ever! And of course died shortly after. Battletoads was hard, but also a lot of fun!
    They're making a cameo in the Xbox One version of Shovel Knight btw.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Most satsfactory moment was playing tetris on my old gameboy - i loved to start from level 0 and see how high i could reach; the game let you select from 0 to 9, so imagine my face when i hit level 26
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Beating the first Legend of Zelda game when I was a kid.
    this literally sums it all up
    Retired

Getting 30 waves achievement on endless waves healing mode on my shaman.

(I have never healed before, it was tough...)

Reaching the end of the Mass Effect series. That game had me under a spell ever since the first game came out. I did EVERYTHING in that game. Spendt hours upon hours doing everything imaginable in the game. While enjoying all of it. No game has made me that hooked and connected, not even my time in wow can compare.. I wanted to learn everything there was about the universe and I got really sad when characters died or worse.

Then the ending came and ruined(I want to use stronger words but..) it all. Made me first VERY confused, then angry and bitter. So ever since I have had a hate/love feeling to the game. I try to never think about the ending and rather think about all the awesome storielines before.
    Follow me on twitter @crusadernero
    Nero - Human Retribution Paladin on Burning Blade EU.

I think if we're talking in WoW, it'd be my guild's first Gruul kill in BC. We struggled on him for a long time because we didn't have the numbers for 25 at first and had to joint run with another guild when we attempted Gruul. At some point, we finally got the numbers to do full guild runs on him. After a bit more struggling and gearing people up from Karazhan/High King, it felt really good when we finally took him down with a 100% guild raid group.

A Gruul kill really doesn't sound like much, but that's really where my guild took off. After we downed him, we got bolder and decided it was time to start looking at things like SSC/TK. So it was a pretty big fist pump moment for us.

Deleted
    Completing Mass Effect 2 on Insane as a Vanguard. I'm not lying when I'm saying that I cried a little...Dark Souls is a walk in the park compared to that game on Insanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Most satsfactory moment was playing tetris on my old gameboy - i loved to start from level 0 and see how high i could reach; the game let you select from 0 to 9, so imagine my face when i hit level 26
    I also cried on when I finished that shit...that game has costed me 2 gameboys. (I smashed one against my head and threw the other one out the window out of rage when making a silly at one of the highest levels in Tetris. Pokemon Pinball costed me another gameboy, never finished that one but I remember melting the game down out of rage. (this game was simply broken, lost a lot of rares due simply shitty programming)

The "Protect Earth" QTE at the very end of Wonderful 101.
    Last edited by Pundit; 2015-03-05 at 04:17 PM.

Deleted
    In World of Warcraft:

Finally killing Spine of Deathwing on heroic, it was definitely THE MOST satisfying kill since I started playing.

Non-MMO:

Beating Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts II on Critical lvl 1 difficulty. I never touched any of the other secret end-game bosses so it was rather a feat for me, felt fucking good.