Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, the only reason why Iraq and Iran have any issue is because of the US. The US CIA had tried to start a coo in the '40's, we propped up Saddam Hussein in the 80's. He goes to war with Iraq. Then we go in and take him down to doing that, after we had gave him all those weapons.

TL;DR: It's our own damn fault. Iran, Iraq, ISIS all of our fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Let the nuts of both sides kill eachother
    Wish I could do so without having to worry about a shia caliph leading a nuclear armed Persian Empire. Sadly, or maybe thankfully, I am worried...

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well, the only reason why Iraq and Iran have any issue is because of the US. The US CIA had tried to start a coo in the '40's, we propped up Saddam Hussein in the 80's. He goes to war with Iraq. Then we go in and take him down to doing that, after we had gave him all those weapons.

It's all our fault because of when we DIDN'T go in (when we had the most perfect excuse to in the form of the hostages). The Shah of Iran was a force for stability in the Middle East like no other. Thanks Carter.
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2015-03-03 at 03:36 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Deleted
    Since there is no nuclear weapons being built in Iran according to Mossad, you can sleep easy.
    Plus, shia are better in my opinion
    In their view of things, a separation between state and religion is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post

Look into history, Arabs and Persians are not exactly buddy-buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I hope that some form of religious mediation takes shape to prevent this whole debacle from reoccurring in another decade- I can't help but be a little pleased that if anybody is going in to lay down the law that it's predominantly local forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after this display certain Iraq and Iran will surely be the US's grateful allies for our assistance with air strikes on their common enemy!
    You're a towel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Burn them to the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Well after this display certain Iraq and Iran will surely be the US's grateful allies for our assistance with air strikes on their common enemy!
    This could be sarcasm- I'm on the ass end of a 12-pack so it's hard to decipher but sadly it's irrelevant; the blatantly incompetent "state" is an obviously terrible alternative to the regionally-propped yet religiously split establishment that will fruit from a Iranian + Iraqi coalition.

Highly doubt there would be a shia caliphate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    This could be sarcasm- I'm on the ass end of a 12-pack so it's hard to decipher but sadly it's irrelevant; the blatantly incompetent "state" is an obviously terrible alternative to the regionally-propped yet religiously split establishment that will fruit from a Iranian + Iraqi coalition.
    Yes, it was sarcasm, and yes, anyone that thinks that area is at all stable because "Iran and Iraq" are on the same side are insane :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably they start to realize that people are not that different as their ideologies claim. Anyways, good for them i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Iraq and Iran have not been on good terms for a long time, and as I understand it they are both Shia and ISIS are predominantly Sunni.
    I do not see this going well at all Old hatreds between Iran and Iraq will flare, Hatred between Sunni and Shia will just add fuel to the fire.

I would love to be wrong, and see Iran and Iraq deal with the ISIS issue, but in reality we all know it will turn to shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    A shia caliph becomes more and more likely...
    When you make enemies out of everybody, it's only a matter of time before your enemies unite against you. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.