Interrupt Macro Help

Hi! I've gotten a lot of help from here before so thought I'd try again. I'm looking to set up an interrupt macro, really it's unacceptable that I've gone this long without one. I realized this was an issue on Blast Furnace when I want to dps the primal elementalist but interrupt flame callers. Now in my head I was thinking just a macro that if I have no focus set it would interrupt my target, which I think generally would be perfect, but specifically for Blast Furnace I'm not sure if I would want that or something that would target the flame caller or set focus with a key bind

So I'm looking for advice or guidance on which type of macro I want to make and how to make it. Any and all help is appreciated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I'm a fan of mouse over macros.

/cast [@mouseover,exists] Pummel; Pummel

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Personally, I'm a fan of mouse over macros.

/cast [@mouseover,exists] Pummel; Pummel
    hmm can't say I've used mouse over for much, not sure I'm a fan, would that be you hover over it and hit the keybind?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    hmm can't say I've used mouse over for much, not sure I'm a fan, would that be you hover over it and hit the keybind?
    Yes. An alternative is to /cast [@focus] after setting something as a focus, but it's more work and requires a separate keybind to set stuff as focus, something you'll likely need to use a mouseover for anyway.

Another thing to mention about that macro he posted is that it'll cast pummel on your current target if there is no mouseover target. If you add [@mouseover,exists,harm] to it it'll make it even better, by only being eligible for mouseover interrupts if you're mouseovering a hostile target. (Mouseovering a friendly target, like another melee on Oregorger, and hitting the keybind will mess up your interrupt on the boss without the harm part)
    Last edited by Crisius; 2015-03-03 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsoney View Post
    yes thats how the mouse overs work, so check for that tooltip when you over over and hit the bind, and since you're a warrior you could
    /cast [@mouseover,exists] Charge; Charge
    /cast Pummel
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Yes. An alternative is to /cast [@focus] after setting something as a focus, but it's more work and requires a separate keybind to set stuff as focus, something you'll likely need to use a mouseover for anyway.

Another thing to mention about that macro he posted is that it'll cast pummel on your current target if there is no mouseover target. If you add [@mouseover,exists,harm] to it it'll make it even better, by only being eligible for mouseover interrupts if you're mouseovering a hostile target. (Mouseovering a friendly target, like another melee on Oregorger, and hitting the keybind will mess up your interrupt on the boss without the harm part)
    Cool, I'll give it a try thank you very much.