Deleted

[MW] Mistweaver Trinket Question

So basically, after my followers managed to conclude the mission from Mythic highmaul I got:

wowhead.com/item=113842/emblem-of-caustic-healing&bonus=567

My question is, if it's worth to replace any of my current trinkets with it. (Even though the on use effect blows). But on the other hand im low on spirit only 1090.

Here are my current trinkets:

wowhead.com/item=113859/quiescent-runestone&bonus=0

wowhead.com/item=119192/ironspike-chew-toy&bonus=0

Also, i'll leave my Armory here, so people can have an easier time deciding.

eu.battle.net/wow/pt/character/sylvanas/Larneza/advanced

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS: Sorry for not being able to post links

Stat weights in my signature. The average Spirit on your normal-mode Chew Toy is 319.726. Hopefully you can manage the rest yourself as I don't have time to help any more right now.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Larne View Post
    My question is, if it's worth to replace any of my current trinkets with it. (Even though the on use effect blows).
    The on use proc can actually be really potent for whenever you fistweave or when you need some quick heals done.

The on use effect does not blow. You can get off 4 uplifts in about 2 seconds if you activate the trinket and have enough chi/chi brew. It helps a ton when fistweaving (which you're doing to generate mana tea and help with damage, right?). I pretty much use it on CD.

Besides, I don't think there is a class out there whose stat weights are _so_ lopsided that a 20-25 ilevel improvement isn't worth taking. I'd be ok replacing either of your trinkets with that one.

The Haste may feel fine when it's all at once because you can Uplift in quick succession, but you quickly run out of steam (i.e. Chi) and just end up spending extra GCDs and mana on lower-throughput spells. There's a reason its stat weight is low. Ideally, you'd want more-powerful Uplifts from crit/ms to get more "bang for your buck" (healing per chi) or more RJW/SCK casts from Spirit, both of which do even more healing than Uplift (RJW more than 2x).

The on-use part is nice for on-demand burst, but you lose throughput everywhere else compared to raw stats, and a 2 minute cooldown isn't up every time you'd really want it, so it on-use effects aren't really any better or worse than raw stats IMO. 20 seconds is also a bit long for a burst window, so you're probably wasting part of the effect.

Quote Originally Posted by lumplump View Post
    I don't think there is a class out there whose stat weights are _so_ lopsided that a 20-25 ilevel improvement isn't worth taking.
    Mistweaver is one such spec; there were even four crafted 670 items that were better than the best Mythic 685 item for that slot with the bad itemization in Highmaul, which had lots of Haste and Mastery left and right.

To use a more concrete example, using my stat weights, a crafted 670 crit/ms bracers (with an even 91 for both, since I think it can vary) are better than Mythic 695 Haste/Mastery Squire's Electroplated Bracers (off Operator Thogar) by 18 stat points.

If we're talking about a trinket with Haste versus a trinket with static Spirit, the difference is even more immense.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-03-04 at 06:50 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise