Assassination Weapon Enchant. Thunderlord vs. Bleeding Hollow

So I just got new daggers, and was mucking around with Shadowcraft and was surprised when it told me that enchanting Thunderlord (Crit) was better than Bleeding Hollow (Mastery).
    I'm wondering what the logic behind this is. Is it my gear has just reached a point where I have enough crit again that Seal Fate can mean I end up with enough energy that spamming mutilate to cap then envenom is higher dps than harder hitting poisons which is a constant stream of damage? Or simply a function of how the enchant interacts with its chance to proc extra time when dual wielding so that it gives a higher (consistent? I Havent played with it yet) 500 crit (which again loops back to the Seal Fate thing).

Crit is actually slightly ahead of mastery, they are about both nearly equal to one another but crit pulls very slightly ahead. Thunderlord is better because they have a higher proc frequency than Bleeding Hollow and the higher crit ratings will give you a lot more seal fate procs which will give you higher uptime on envenom as it becomes easier to keep up.

Makes sense. Thank you.

Deleted
    Bleeding hollow: 12 sec 500 mastery 2.3 rppm
    Thunderlord: 6 sec + (6 more sec) 500 crit 2.5 rppm

so both last 12 sec, both grant u 500 crit/mastery but one has 0.2 more rppm, thats why thunderlord is slightly ahead

The reason is b/c of the 2pc set bonus. As soon as you get the 2pc set bonus the value of crit increases dramatically. You can test this for yourself, go into Shadowcraft change all but 1 of your tier pieces out and mastery will be your top stat

Semi-sorta related question regarding the assassination two-piece bonus and Shadowcraft ...

Based on the value of crit, I assumed without checking that the crafted inscription trinket would be good so I upgraded one to stage 4.

+248 Agility
    Equip: Each time your attacks hit, you have a chance to gain 2024 critical strike for 20 sec. (15% chance, 115 sec cooldown)
    I understand that the crafted trinket is a little under budget, but I was surprised that Shadowcraft had it ranked down with 620 ilvl blues. Am I missing something or is Shadowcraft off on this one?

ETA: It appears that Shadowcraft is not reporting the stage 4 trinket properly ... it has the stage 3 ranked up with the other 660 ilvl trinkets but for some reason has the stage 4 way down the list.
    Last edited by Calycia; 2015-03-03 at 03:33 PM.

What happens you actually equip the trinket in ShC?

Its possible the item lists aren't working correctly but the engine itself is.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    What happens you actually equip the trinket in ShC?

Its possible the item lists aren't working correctly but the engine itself is.
    It's equipped.

Even after clearing all saved data and refreshing, it still shows the stage 4 trink with only an EP of 280.

The stage 3 is showing 422 EP.

Quote Originally Posted by Calycia View Post
    It's equipped.

Even after clearing all saved data and refreshing, it still shows the stage 4 trink with only an EP of 280.

The stage 3 is showing 422 EP.
    What happens to your dps estimate when you equip the trinket in ShC vs the 3/4 level? Does your dps go up as expected or down?
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Going from stage 4 to stage 3 drops the dps from 324390.9 to 32081.7 ... it's looking more like a display issue in the list and not a problem with the engine.

ETA: after clicking on dps data point in the graph to return to my original gear (I have no idea if I'm describing this correctly), the list is properly showing the stage 4 trink at an EP of 486.4.

Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Calycia; 2015-03-03 at 06:18 PM.