Thread: Ele DPS help

Ele DPS help (logs included)

I'm looking for some advice on DPS since I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of my shaman. Here are some logs since the latest hotfixes. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/2aVTbkMP8RB3fdjD

Also, regarding log review, could someone provide an overview on techniques used to compare/review logs between myself and someone that does much better DPS?
    Last edited by Atrk; 2015-03-03 at 06:37 AM.

My initial thought is that you're doing pretty well for your ilvl. Any improvement would be to bring you above and beyond and for that I'm not the one to help you.

Your second wipe obviously isn't a good indicator of your DPS. You did well in the first fight.

When comparing logs the things you should look for are:

- Differentiate between talents and specs by looking at buffs/damage sources
    - Compare buff uptime (sometimes lower is better - i.e. Lava Surge). Include trinket usage.
    - Percentage of damage sources. Is your LvB doing 46% and his EQ doing 46%? Can tell you whether it's padding or ST focus damage (i.e Blast Furnace)
    - Avoidable damage is also something that is quite important.
    - Take a look at comparative DPS charts and find the times with heavy movement (Demo on BH, p2 Oregorger, p3 BF, p2 Maidens, H&F stamping). See if you can minimize the DPS drop during these phases. This is probably the biggest indicator of your efficiency with the class.

There's more things, like target switching, etc... But, look at these things first.

Deleted
    One of the best techniques to improving yourself, I've found, is to record yourself playing, and then watch it over. Share it with others, and let them comment on any mistakes they see. Things like information in your user interface, the way you're keybound, the way you move, cast your spells, and react to enemy mechanics, often has a lot to do with how well you do in terms of DPS. If possible, try recording and uploading yourself against a boss onto YouTube and sharing a link, so that others can offer you some advice after seeing you play.