Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

What happened with my investment in this game?

It's been 3 month since November’s release of the expansion and I as well as countless others have nothing to do. You know ever since the 6.1 patch release I have been piecing together the nonsense Blizzard has been up to. They have been preparing before the BETA on ways to manipulate their consumers into spending more money for less work. This is how Corporate American business works. These people are done being game developers it’s all about business now and how they can sucker people into paying more for nonsense.

All this nonsense started since the merge between Activision and Blizzard back in 2008. Since this merge which was about the same time Wrath of the Lich King was released the corporate side of Activision began ruining this game. So what came out of this merge? In store mounts were introduced and priced close to a 2 month subscription. Character transfer and race change $25 each and Faction change $30.00. Appearance chance $15 bucks and Name change 10 bucks which is a one month subscription price tag. We also have pets in the store on top of that.

Let’s go back to see what expansion was released next? Cataclysm, which in fact is Vanilla content done over again but now under the umbrella of Activision. We all know how this expansion turned out. Next was Mists of Pandaria in which it was the Continent to the South which coincides with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Now, finally all that was missing was redoing Outlands and calling it Warlords Draenor to be in full circle.This expansion is the most expensive and content lacking expansion of them all for us to be waiting over 2 years compared to the content the previous expansions offered. First, it cost $50.00 for standard and $70.00 deluxe and this was the streaming version. Oh, on top of that they added a character 90 boost for $60 bucks which is in fact the price of a 4 month subscription. If I was to put this game side to side with the Burning Crusade (in which it is) the burning crusade had 2 times more content.

The burning Crusade has 16 five man dungeons and 9 raids. Almost forgot to mention battlegrounds. Keep in mind this was released 2 years after vanilla on January 2007 and Wrath was released right after that on November 2008. So since Pandaria release in September 2012 - November 2014 all they were able to do was 8 dungeons and 2 broken up raids and an unfinished zone with no battlegrounds. Where did all our billions of dollars of investment go? I will tell you where it went. It went to the shareholders who also do nothing. We have no one to blame but ourselves for this getting to this point.

Now with patch 6.1 a lot of people are pissed off and cancelled or are ready to cancel which I myself already did. The thing is Blizzard has a contingency plan for this the first being the Blood Elf model. People who want to do a faction change or race change guess what they are giving Blizzard 2 month’s subscription fee for that. If that don’t work they added a Mount which also adds to the 2 months subscription. Finally we have the WOW token released.

So as a player how should I feel about this? Well, I am furious beyond belief. The one thing I will like to say is that I know it’s your money and you can do whatever you want with it. The thing is we condone this practice and Blizzard now knows they can get away with it. They know they are on the top of the MMO chart and if we leave to go play another MMO and their numbers go down that’s when they feel like it’s a right time to release new content for us to come back. To those who are leaving or already left don’t come back for Tanaan Jungles release. They are playing us as a fool if we return. Let this content ride out until the release of the next expansion. If 50 percent decide to leave and not to return for the rest of the year until they fix all this nonsense then we made our point and won. We have the power. Not them. They made Billions of dollars on this expansion. Do you believe the content provided to us the player was worth those Billions? You decide.

As a Blizzard fan before Cataclysm Thank You for reading.

Deleted
    The fanboys will be along shortly to explain how those 8 dungeons are actually better than the TBC ones and each is worth like 3 TBC dungeons, probably, so its fine.

Also I will say that the sub fee has been becoming worse and worse value for money as Blizzard have pushed the game towards a one expansion per year model. The idea behind a sub fee was always to charge people in exchange for content being added to the game as well as running the servers. If you don't feel like paying an extra £30 a year then your sub fee pays for you to access all the content that no one else is playing.
    Last edited by mmoc4e765b20d3; 2015-03-03 at 08:11 AM.

/laugh
    Then I will say, "remember when you wanted to level up your reputation all you had to do was put a tabard on from that faction".

simple answer: its gone.

blizzard became a greedy money machine totally uninterested in making high quality games. the times of blizzard north or classic/tbc/wotlk are over. just dont feed them with your money. thats all what you can do.

What happened with my investment in this game?
    Depends on what investment you mean. If you mean the price of the game and the expansions, you knew exactly what you got for those, so if that was not enough to your liking, you shouldn't have bought them. If you mean your monthly fee, that paid for the rent of your account and to keep servers running and GMs/CMs paid, so you got exactly what you paid for.

If you mean you think you didn't get enough free patches with extra content, something you didn't invest a dime in, as they are free, then yeah, don't know what to say.

You got exactly what you paid for. Of course, if it's not your cup of tea, you are free to quit at any time. I've quit multiple times when I was bored, it's not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by War30 View Post
    It's been 3 month since November’s release of the expansion and I as well as countless others have nothing to do. You know ever since the 6.1 patch release I have been piecing together the nonsense Blizzard has been up to. They have been preparing before the BETA on ways to manipulate their consumers into spending more money for less work. This is how Corporate American business works. These people are done being game developers it’s all about business now and how they can sucker people into paying more for nonsense.

All this nonsense started since the merge between Activision and Blizzard back in 2008. Since this merge which was about the same time Wrath of the Lich King was released the corporate side of Activision began ruining this game. So what came out of this merge? In store mounts were introduced and priced close to a 2 month subscription. Character transfer and race change $25 each and Faction change $30.00. Appearance chance $15 bucks and Name change 10 bucks which is a one month subscription price tag. We also have pets in the store on top of that.

Let’s go back to see what expansion was released next? Cataclysm, which in fact is Vanilla content done over again but now under the umbrella of Activision. We all know how this expansion turned out. Next was Mists of Pandaria in which it was the Continent to the South which coincides with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Now, finally all that was missing was redoing Outlands and calling it Warlords Draenor to be in full circle.This expansion is the most expensive and content lacking expansion of them all for us to be waiting over 2 years compared to the content the previous expansions offered. First, it cost $50.00 for standard and $70.00 deluxe and this was the streaming version. Oh, on top of that they added a character 90 boost for $60 bucks which is in fact the price of a 4 month subscription. If I was to put this game side to side with the Burning Crusade (in which it is) the burning crusade had 2 times more content.

The burning Crusade has 16 five man dungeons and 9 raids. Almost forgot to mention battlegrounds. Keep in mind this was released 2 years after vanilla on January 2007 and Wrath was released right after that on November 2008. So since Pandaria release in September 2012 - November 2014 all they were able to do was 8 dungeons and 2 broken up raids and an unfinished zone with no battlegrounds. Where did all our billions of dollars of investment go? I will tell you where it went. It went to the shareholders who also do nothing. We have no one to blame but ourselves for this getting to this point.

Now with patch 6.1 a lot of people are pissed off and cancelled or are ready to cancel which I myself already did. The thing is Blizzard has a contingency plan for this the first being the Blood Elf model. People who want to do a faction change or race change guess what they are giving Blizzard 2 month’s subscription fee for that. If that don’t work they added a Mount which also adds to the 2 months subscription. Finally we have the WOW token released.

So as a player how should I feel about this? Well, I am furious beyond belief. The one thing I will like to say is that I know it’s your money and you can do whatever you want with it. The thing is we condone this practice and Blizzard now knows they can get away with it. They know they are on the top of the MMO chart and if we leave to go play another MMO and their numbers go down that’s when they feel like it’s a right time to release new content for us to come back. To those who are leaving or already left don’t come back for Tanaan Jungles release. They are playing us as a fool if we return. Let this content ride out until the release of the next expansion. If 50 percent decide to leave and not to return for the rest of the year until they fix all this nonsense then we made our point and won. We have the power. Not them. They made Billions of dollars on this expansion. Do you believe the content provided to us the player was worth those Billions? You decide.

As a Blizzard fan before Cataclysm Thank You for reading.
    So stop fucking "investing". Seriously when will you people get it through your thick skulls that rewarding Blizzard for doing shitty things is why they KEEP doing shitty things? And yes I know I'm a troll for promoting good consumerism. Fuck you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    The fanboys will be along shortly to explain how those 8 dungeons are actually better than the TBC ones and each is worth like 3 TBC dungeons, probably, so its fine.

Also I will say that the sub fee has been becoming worse and worse value for money as Blizzard have pushed the game towards a one expansion per year model. The idea behind a sub fee was always to charge people in exchange for content being added to the game as well as running the servers. If you don't feel like paying an extra £30 a year then your sub fee pays for you to access all the content that no one else is playing.
    The fan boys are the ones who keep shoving money at Blizzard while bitching up a storm about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    simple answer: its gone.

blizzard became a greedy money machine totally uninterested in making high quality games. the times of blizzard north or classic/tbc/wotlk are over. just dont feed them with your money. thats all what you can do.
    "Money machines" tend to do things that make money. Making shit games isn't a way to make money. Just a hint. Or do you and the other armchair business men nit wits think the way to piles of cash is to piss off your customers with a crappy product?

As far as Blizzard North goes they bankrupted themselves within a couple years without the guidance of both Vivendi and Blizzard Entertainment and have ZERO to show for it.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2015-03-03 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post

Dont understand why the first thing you post is shit like this, why are people like you always out for a all out moan session between the people that dislike WoW in its current state and the people that actually do still enjoy the game (the people you refer to as fanboi's).

I am not fuzzed either way, I dont enjoy alot of things but I still raid because I enjoy that.
    I am playing alot of other games currently to fill up the void created by alot less to do in WoW.

Also very original treath, we only seen 200 of these in the last day and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Dont understand why the first thing you post is shit like this, why are people like you always out for a all out moan session between the people that dislike WoW in its current state and the people that actually do still enjoy the game (the people you refer to as fanboi's).

I am not fuzzed either way, I dont enjoy alot of things but I still raid because I enjoy that.
    I am playing alot of other games currently to fill up the void created by alot less to do in WoW.

Also very original treath, we only seen 200 of these in the last day and a half.
    Posts like that are because the mods foster this kind of discussion. Its rather sad really. I have reported multiple posts of people calling others fanboys and no infractions and yet if you do anything that gets in the way of the hater circle jerk you get banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It's been 3 month since November’s release of the expansion and I as well as countless others have nothing to do.
    If Challenge Mode Golds (8/8), Cutting Edge end boss kills, High Rated RBG's/Arena, Tons of new achieves, Battle Pets, and Lore/Quests aren't good enough for you.. Maybe it's time to hang the Platinum Elite Mantle up, and leave forever.

"What happened with my investment in this game?"

Time goes in, fun comes out.

What, were you expecting some form of compound interest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So stop fucking "investing". Seriously when will you people get it through your thick skulls that rewarding Blizzard for doing shitty things is why they KEEP doing shitty things? And yes I know I'm a troll for promoting good consumerism. Fuck you.

- - - Updated - - -

The fan boys are the ones who keep shoving money at Blizzard while bitching up a storm about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

"Money machines" tend to do things that make money. Making shit games isn't a way to make money. Just a hint. Or do you and the other armchair business men nit wits think the way to piles of cash is to piss off your customers with a crappy product?

As far as Blizzard North goes they bankrupted themselves within a couple years without the guidance of both Vivendi and Blizzard Entertainment and have ZERO to show for it.
    Its people like you that acuse others of everything that cause the constant shitstorm on these forums.

I am sorry you dont like the product being delivered to you and I understand you think your opinion is shared by millions of others, but its not. You and a couple of other people are a very vocal minority that wont get it trough there thick skulls that this is not the game for you anymore (or me for that matter seeing there is nothing really to do for me except raid with my friends).

People that have been playing for 10 years are an older generation for which they cannot keep creating this game for, the newer kind of consumers have a very different mindset and want different things.

It is time for people to move on and stop living in this fantasy world where World of Warcraft is the only game on the market.
    There are alot of great and amazing games out there and even though they will evolve at some point as well, they might give you want you want out of a game at this stage.

WoW is not what it used to be and it will never go back to how it used to be due to the biggest group of consumers not wanting it like that.

They have been preparing before the BETA on ways to manipulate their consumers into spending more money for less work. This is how Corporate American business works. These people are done being game developers it’s all about business now and how they can sucker people into paying more for nonsense.
    I'm inclined to agree. Blizzard has not lived up to their name with this expansion, especially considering the amount of time they had to work on it. 14 months of Siege of Orgrimmar, for this? Gutted professions, general scarcity of max-level content, future content cut left and right, a near non-existant X.1 patch, more mounts on the shop, and now legal gold-selling from their very own cash shop. This is not the company of WC1,2,3 and Classic-WotLK, not anymore.

Let’s go back to see what expansion was released next? Cataclysm, which in fact is Vanilla content done over again but now under the umbrella of Activision. We all know how this expansion turned out. Next was Mists of Pandaria in which it was the Continent to the South which coincides with the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. Now, finally all that was missing was redoing Outlands and calling it Warlords Draenor to be in full circle.
    You see it too. They've been slowly adding changes to the game since TBC to make it more accessible; "on-rails" so-to-speak, and more homogenized while silmultaneously removing an abundant amount of RPG features. I'd venture to say the majority of the original developers of Warcraft are no longer the driving forces of the game's overall direction, which leads me to believe that that is why there's a discord between the veteran players and the current player-base/content choice. Different people are now controlling this game's future as opposed to who created it and those new leaders currently have a large supporting customer base.

The thing is we condone this practice and Blizzard now knows they can get away with it. If 50 percent decide to leave and not to return for the rest of the year until they fix all this nonsense then we made our point and won. We have the power. Not them. They made Billions of dollars on this expansion. Do you believe the content provided to us the player was worth those Billions? You decide.
    Noble cause, there's just 1 problem. To millions of WoW's player-base, the game is more than just a game. It's an outlet from reality, entertainment, a social-platform, a competitive medium, and the almighty endorphin release. Does the player-base, in the end, have the trump card? Of course but you tell me; what message or slogan would unite 4+ million people to all simultaneously un-subscribe?

Deleted
    I can't take you seriously when you measure the amount of content by the number of dungeons and raids an expansion had.

Your analysis is on the level of a 5th grader, you're just stating some opinions here and there, thinking it'll sound smart and convincing, but in reality it's just another "I miss TBC" and "I can't be bothered to do the things available in game so I'd rather complain there's no content" thread.

And on top of that, you're trying to convince people to stop playing WoW because you assume that everyone feels the same as you do? Have you considered that a lot of people still enjoy the game? I guess you didn't, or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous claims.

I've played WoW since mid-TBC and whenever I felt I didn't get my money's worth, I just stopped playing for a while. There are things I wish Blizzard didn't change and there are things I'm glad they changed.
    And if you feel you'll never get your money's worth again, then the sane and grown up thing to do would be to walk away. I know this response is annoying, but ultimately WoW is a product designed for entertainment and if you don't feel entertained any more, well then...
    Last edited by mmocce61358ae0; 2015-03-03 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, the longer this expansion goes on, the less I like the Garrisons.

The endgame feels so...empty. The Garrison mini-game wore old after a few months. At this point, it feels like I'm on this planet by myself. Ashran being awful doesn't help. First time I've ever truly felt disconnected from a WoW expansion.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. Blizzard has not lived up to their name with this expansion, especially considering the amount of time they had to work on it. 14 months of Siege of Orgrimmar, for this? Gutted professions, general scarcity of max-level content, future content cut left and right, a near non-existant X.1 patch, more mounts on the shop, and now legal gold-selling from their very own cash shop. This is not the company of WC1,2,3 and Classic-WotLK, not anymore.

You see it too. They've been slowly adding changes to the game since TBC to make it more accessible; "on-rails" so-to-speak, and more homogenized while silmultaneously removing an abundant amount of RPG features. I'd venture to say the majority of the original developers of Warcraft are no longer the driving forces of the game's overall direction, which leads me to believe that that is why there's a discord between the veteran players and the current player-base/content choice. Different people are now controlling this game's future as opposed to who created it and those new leaders currently have a large supporting customer base.

Noble cause, there's just 1 problem. To millions of WoW's player-base, the game is more than just a game. It's an outlet from reality, entertainment, a social-platform, a competitive medium, and the almighty endorphin release. Does the player-base, in the end, have the trump card? Of course but you tell me; what message or slogan would unite 4+ million people to all simultaneously un-subscribe?
    You will never get 4 million people to unsub because the only people not happy about this game are the handfull of people posting on this forum and the people that already unsubbed.
    The rest of the people are happily playing the game, lvling their 200th alt or doing whatever other thing they enjoy.

All this nonsense started since the merge between Activision and Blizzard back in 2008. Since this merge which was about the same time Wrath of the Lich King was released the corporate side of Activision began ruining this game. So what came out of this merge?
    Wow... People still think that Activision has any creative control over Blizzard? You have that tinfoilhat glued on so tight it's hurting the blood circulation in your brain.

The burning Crusade has 16 five man dungeons and 9 raids.
    Since when quantity has meant quality? TBC had about 16 buggy & mistuned dungeons and 9 buggy & mistuned raids.

Where did all our billions of dollars of investment go?
    Did you actually invest anything on the company shares? Have you invested in anything like Coca Cola or just bying their products? Don't confuse investing with being a consumer.

And if you'd actually give a fuck and do some research instead of going on with all-out tinfoil hat ranting like a village idiot you'd know the answer to that question. It went to buying out ActivisionBlizzard from Vivendi.

I will tell you where it went. It went to the shareholders who also do nothing.
    Welcome to capitalism. If you don't like it, there's always North Korea for you to try out.

We have no one to blame but ourselves for this getting to this point.
    Well, at least finally you're honest and blame yourself for the stupid ranting instead of Activision or somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    If Challenge Mode Golds (8/8), Cutting Edge end boss kills, High Rated RBG's/Arena, Tons of new achieves, Battle Pets, and Lore/Quests aren't good enough for you.. Maybe it's time to hang the Platinum Elite Mantle up, and leave forever.
    For any decent player the challenge modes are done within a few days. Raiding normal is the same content as mythic. PvP isn't balanced. Battle pets aren't proper content and the lore is non-existent. What now?

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post

Denying what they are doing =/= enjoying the game. That's why they get called fanboys.

You people all think in black and white or something. Just like this:

Just because someone is still enjoying WoW they don't have to be happy about how Blizzard conducts their business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Denying what they are doing =/= enjoying the game. That's why they get called fanboys.

You people all think in black and white or something. Just like this:

Just because someone is still enjoying WoW they don't have to be happy about how Blizzard conducts their business.
    People like you always say stuff like this.
    Who are you to tell people what they can and cannot enjoy and how they want to do that.

Not everyone has to agree with your hatefull opinions and I am glad people dont, I might not like this game like I used to but I am damn happy that for some others this game is still the best game on the market.

I have a few guildies who STILL enjoy this game to the fullest, they are loving the raids they are loving CM's and 2 of them are actually pet battling like crazy in this EXP which they are very mutch enjoying (we had a huge chat about it during the raid yesterday).

You need to get it trough your thick skull that the way you think about something might not be the way other people see it and even though there is a difference between the 2 noone is wrong. Thats the great thing about OPINIONS!

Also do you own your own company? If so then you know that the Number one reason for doing business is to make money, pay your staff and other costs and then walk away with as mutch profit as you can. Blizzard is doing just that, you might not like the way they do it but I dont think they give a rats ass about you seeing its a BILLION DOLLAR A YEAR COMPANY.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2015-03-03 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    That's true, but some people here seem to really hate WoW/Blizzard with a passion, yet they can't walk away from it.