Thread: Midwinter 10/10

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Think of guilds as football teams and it should be clear.
    no it isn't. Reasons why are ppl supporting football teams(mostly from geopolitical reasons) are much easier than why to support one or another guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudedInSanity View Post
    First thing I thought when I saw three rogues was instantly they used them to Cloak/Soak the smash having massive CDs for the tanks. Was quite obvious after Blizzard confirmed that the smash requires 4 people in order to deplete energy.
    There are other reasons why rogues are advantageous over other melee on Blackhand, their durability and mobility being chief among them, but the ability to cloak the slag debuff and soak the smashes consistently is definitely huge.

Another funny thing is that Method killed Mythic Blackhand twice before Midwinter had their first kill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Another funny thing is that Method killed Mythic Blackhand twice before Midwinter had their first kill
    And they're probably going to kill it for a third time before someone gets world 4th seeing how they cleared 9/10 mythic last night.

Deleted
    Will be interesting to see how the next few days turn out in terms of Blackhand kills. The gear should be there, looking at wowprogress guild item levels, there's clearly been a bunch of guilds in the EU that went 9/10 yesterday in a reclear. Method is already half- trolling how "easy" it gets with more gear, yet there hasn't been a new guild to kill it in this reset. For example exorsus was raiding around noon-time already before proceeding to a wipefest on Blackhand

And this was obviously a bit off-topic, but since the mods locked the relevant thread, these are what we're left with

Once you get the fight down, it's a very repeatable fight. We had multiple sub 5% wipes in the hour leading up to our kill. The two sub 1% wipes were rather heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    The two sub 1% wipes were rather heartbreaking.
    Ouch those are always the worst. Gratz to Midwinter on the kill.

Why is this funny? One of the two expected top guilds kills a boss before everyone else does? As far as I'm concered, Midwinter has killed the bosses before 99.9% of the raiders in this game and I'm pretty sure they are happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    no it isn't. Reasons why are ppl supporting football teams(mostly from geopolitical reasons) are much easier than why to support one or another guild.
    I'm Horde, you won't ever hear me grats an alliance guild.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'm Horde, you won't ever hear me grats an alliance guild.
    that's childish and have nothing to do with football antagonisms :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Big gratz to Midwinter.

I for one accept our new Alliance overlords! My only murmur is that now my expectation is for them to become a dynasty in the top 3 world race. I don't expect that MW will start dethroning method/paragon (though I think they could), but I do hope they take this finish, and use it to motivate them in future tiers to push that little bit extra, a little bit farther..

Inb4: How good are they compared to Premonition when they were world racing!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticon View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the next few days turn out in terms of Blackhand kills. The gear should be there, looking at wowprogress guild item levels, there's clearly been a bunch of guilds in the EU that went 9/10 yesterday in a reclear. Method is already half- trolling how "easy" it gets with more gear, yet there hasn't been a new guild to kill it in this reset. For example exorsus was raiding around noon-time already before proceeding to a wipefest on Blackhand

And this was obviously a bit off-topic, but since the mods locked the relevant thread, these are what we're left with
    I think what they are saying is that the fight becomes increasingly simpler with more gear for a guild who already killed him. Aladya seems to believe the kill videos will trigger a huge wave of kills, so it's not just a gear check. There are possibly lots of small tactical decisions that can change the outcome of the fight and some of the guilds currently at 9/10 did not necessarily make the right choices, or more likely the choices that will lead to a faster kill.
    Still, I honestly thought we would see a couple kills by last night and that hasn't happened.
    I will be surprised if no one kills him before the weekend though.

Deleted
    i imagine it'll take the average mythic clearing guild hundreds wipes even with kill videos and extra gear.

think a couple posters here overestimate how much kill videos make a fight easier.

I remember back in early SoO when midwinter released their easier-to-execute heroic 25 man siegecrafter strats along with every other top guild's kill videos out and a lot more gear available from the numerous resets, it still took most guilds in 2013 SoO ~100s- 200ish+ attempts. Not too far from method's ~240ish attempts for world first.

kill videos and gear help a bit but hard boss will always be hard boss to those who have't executed it and killed it and it'll take most of the mythic-clearing-guilds almost as many attempts, and in some cases more, to kill it.
    Last edited by mmocbdbff9af68; 2015-03-05 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stym View Post
    You'll be surprised. I think a LOT of guilds are going to kill him this reset.
    A- He's mostly very, very tightly tuned and having more gear makes a huge difference (said members of Method and Paragon)
    B- As soon as 5 guilds kill him (you heard us Bl, Envy, ScrubBusters and others), the video will be released, triggering another round of kills.

I'm willing to bet at least 2 guilds will kill him today.

That's a bet I should have taken. :P

I think we might see one kill this week. Maybe.

You have valid points, But if gear was such a big factor we really would of seen a kill last week. People are getting pretty stacked now as it was before this weeks round of gear went out.

The video will trigger some kills, but not a massive massive amount. Supposedly it's been leaked to Envy for over a week now and they still haven't managed to work a kill out of it.
    Last edited by Xavv; 2015-03-05 at 09:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stym View Post
    Aladya seems to believe the kill videos will trigger a huge wave of kills, so it's not just a gear check. There are possibly lots of small tactical decisions that can change the outcome of the fight and some of the guilds currently at 9/10 did not necessarily make the right choices, or more likely the choices that will lead to a faster kill.
    Still, I honestly thought we would see a couple kills by last night and that hasn't happened.
    I will be surprised if no one kills him before the weekend though.
    I think my words were more like: a kill video would help guilds working on the encounter insanely. Envy is living proof that having kill videos doesn't translate to boss kills.

I'm actually really surprised there was no 4th kill yet.

Still waiting for Blood Legion to win the US #2 Special Olympics medal.

Infracted - Wilderness
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2015-03-06 at 05:03 AM.

I don't care what 2 guilds kill it next, I just want to see a mythic video already

10+ Year Old Account
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Midwinter could be more respectful and wait a day before releasing it. Not a big deal though, nice guild, great job on kill!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Midwinter could be more respectful and wait a day before releasing it. Not a big deal though, nice guild, great job on kill!
    People were asking for it and Method also released their video, so no big deal
    Last edited by Ogait; 2015-03-06 at 10:19 PM.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |