Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Is there some quota of women companies need to hire to run them?
    Thankfully no.

As for the original question, a while back I recall seeing a study that said women tend to be more prone to taking it safe thus not doing as well in a cut throat environment and are more susceptible to certain forms of stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    The physical strength to carry a 200lb body down 3 flights of fire engine ladder steps.
    Is that a common CEO task?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    Garbage people actually get paid decently
    source http://money.howstuffworks.com/10-hi...dirty-job1.htm

You can't just assume that women aren't equal based on this there are many other things to factor in. Also at the last two companies i've been in both of the presidents where named john. Very strange.
    I don't think anyone should say that this is like, "definitive proof that women are not considered equal in all areas" and I don't think any one bit of data or any one study is ever going to be comprehensive enough to show things like that. Equality is a huge, wide ranging issue that covers so much stuff, much of which relates just to people's general social attitudes which is hard to get accurate data on. But it's still interesting to look at things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Just because the internet claims there is no such thing as a partriarchy and likes to hate on tumblr in an almost meme-like fashion, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The problem usually goes much further than a direct one-on-one interaction between men and women in the business world. It goes from women getting paid less for the same jobs, getting offered less promotions, etc.

I often find myself thinking that women just aren't as good as men when it comes to work or even games and because of that feeling inclined to discriminate against them, even though you'll never hear me say it out loud, but at least I recognize it as a form of discrimination, sexism and mentally slap myself on the wrist for it when I catch myself. I think a lot of men, and even women, just don't even bother worrying about it or recognizing it when they're being sexist in their judgements against the capabilities of women.

There lives this sentiment among most civilizations, even the modern ones, that women are just clumsy soft souls that are too insecure to get anything done as well as a man. It's a dumb sentiment and positive action probably is required to get rid of it. The internet lulzies that tumblr and feminism are dumb isn't helping.
    They are dumb. I am a male. I do not rape. I do not pillage. I do not hold you down. I do not care what junk is in your trunk. I don't care if you have breasts or mewbs. I just want my TPS report completed when I ask for it. What hole you enjoy, what turns you on and where chromosomes hang out in your body are not even on my radar. Putting rhetoric out there stating that I am part of your problem and have a privilege that I enjoy is divisive, unhelpful and sexist.

Lets crunch the numbers, figure out the platform and decide a course of action without generalizing the entire other sex as hulking penises with legs. That would be extremely helpful and it seems to be the farthest concept from tumblr addicts minds.

Deleted
    God damn it John you oppressive bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Thankfully no.

As for the original question, a while back I recall seeing a study that said women tend to be more prone to taking it safe thus not doing as well in a cut throat environment and are more susceptible to certain forms of stress.
    Which can also be described as subject to social conditioning.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    what if it's just one guy named John running lots of companies? did anyone think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what if it's just one guy named John running lots of companies? did anyone think of this?
    Now that you say that shouldn't this list be #1 Carlos?

Carlos Slim Helu owns tons. Maybe Edmond should be there, the Rothchilds are the banks and the head right now is Edmond I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

There have been many studies on why women don't tend to get ahead as much. Some studies point out how women conduct themselves in a work place is a factor. Some studies point out that men have a superiority complex. Some studies point out there are more men vying for those higher jobs.this whole thread wants to turn into a thread about gender equality. To point out, there are a lot of women who would like to have children and raise them too. That takes a lot of women out of the picture.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Which can also be described as subject to social conditioning.
    Or biological.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I don't think anyone should say that this is like, "definitive proof that women are not considered equal in all areas" and I don't think any one bit of data or any one study is ever going to be comprehensive enough to show things like that. Equality is a huge, wide ranging issue that covers so much stuff, much of which relates just to people's general social attitudes which is hard to get accurate data on. But it's still interesting to look at things like this.
    I do think that there could be some improvements in a lot of fields as for equality. I've personally heard you can't do that job for x reason. Which completely isn't true. I believe this comes from a stigma in corporate america. Where people automatically make excuses for a women in power like the oh so common one. She preformed act on so said person to get that promotion . In the last three jobs i've had that's been thrown around. I'm sure there are other factors but i can see for someone coming to power in a company that being very off putting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Quote Originally Posted by Maltah View Post
    Or biological.
    or social.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Is that a common CEO task?
    You were asking what qualifications women aspiring to be fire fighters typically wouldn't have, not CEOs.

Deleted
    So if i'm reading this correctly, if I name my daughter John, she has a 9.4% chance of running a big company.

Playing the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post

"Psychopathy is a personality disorder that has been variously described as characterized by shallow emotions (in particular reduced fear), stress tolerance, lacking empathy, coldheartedness, lacking guilt, egocentricity, superficial character, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity and antisocial behaviors such as parasitic lifestyle and criminality."

That's basically how I define millennial....

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Holy crap, the CEO of my firm is a John.

/queuePyramidIlluminatiVideo
    /XfilesMusic

Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    Its just how it is. Less women want to be CEO's and less women are qualified for the job.
    I HIGHLY doubt this.

That's quite a statistic. I didn't realize so many people named their son "All Women". Guess they should have just named him John.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    You were asking what qualifications women aspiring to be fire fighters typically wouldn't have, not CEOs.
    My apology for being unclear, but by "here" I meant for the CEO topic that we were talking about here.

Deleted
    This suggests that if you're named John, you're utterly privileged.