Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    What are you saying this hasn't been studied? An unknown problem that's anyone's guess?
    Well then it would be easy to provide sources for your claims now wouldn´t it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well then it would be easy to provide sources for your claims now wouldn´t it?
    Breakdown of the under-representation:

http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acs-24.pdf

http://www.esa.doc.gov/sites/default...vation8311.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Me not knowing the answer doesn't make your answer more correct, just so you know.
    A hypothesis isn't an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    You claim this:

the reason why females are not in scientific and engineering fields, because at a young age we discourage them from learning.
    and answer later with this:

You´re basically claiming one thing and showing evidence for the exact opposite. The rates of women in STEM fields are steadily increasing. What at least the first link really shows how huge the difference between black/hispanic and white/asian people is. There really needs to be done something.

Also taking STEM fields and treating it as one is pretty dishonest.

First link page 9: Women hold 30% in computer occupations, ~53% in mathematical occupations, 15% in engineering occupations (the largest part of STEM), ~42% of life and physical science occupationsm, ~62% in social science occupations.

It can´t be that women are to a certain degree not interested in parts of STEM fields? No, they are treated not equal, obviously pressured into social science and mathematics.

You´re not presenting sources for your claims. You present data and link it to your idea of an answer trying to verify it.

Now i´m not saying everythings fine, because it isn´t, we should encourage and provide opportunities regardless of sex and race, but to say we still discourage women from these fields is a baseless claim.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    You claim this:

and answer later with this:

You´re basically claiming one thing and showing evidence for the exact opposite. The rates of women in STEM fields are steadily increasing. What at least the first link really shows how huge the difference between black/hispanic and white/asian people is. There really needs to be done something.

Also taking STEM fields and treating it as one is pretty dishonest.

First link page 9: Women hold 30% in computer occupations, ~53% in mathematical occupations, 15% in engineering occupations (the largest part of STEM), ~42% of life and physical science occupationsm, ~62% in social science occupations.

It can´t be that women are to a certain degree not interested in parts of STEM fields? No, they are treated not equal, obviously pressured into social science and mathematics.

You´re not presenting sources for your claims. You present data and link it to your idea of an answer trying to verify it.

Now i´m not saying everythings fine, because it isn´t, we should encourage and provide opportunities regardless of sex and race, but to say we still discourage women from these fields is a baseless claim.
    No it isn't, if it were a baseless claim, then there would be equitable representation among all demographics and genders and there would be no basis to studying a non-issue. There is a societal issue discouraging women, especially minorities, from getting a job in STEM fields, which may be the same vein as the systemic racism in our justice and law enforcement system against blacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't, if it were a baseless claim, then there would be equitable representation among all demographics and genders and there would be no basis to studying a non-issue. There is a societal issue discouraging women, especially minorities, from getting a job in STEM fields, which may be the same vein as the systemic racism in our justice and law enforcement system against blacks.
    You´re unable to provide a source for your claim. You present representation and use this as proof. You have to show discrimination, you´re just showing data without a study supporting that there should be an equal represantation in every field.

I think there´s a societal issue, yes, but not a sexism based one, but a money based one.

Deleted
    There is a societal issue discouraging women, especially minorities, from getting a job in STEM fields...
    I don't see it, mainly because there is a huge demand for STEM skills. Employers won't really care what sex or race you are if you possess the skills they are seeking.

Deleted
    There are fewer women as CEOs because male dominated society has made it unbecoming for females to partake in "man's work". This is the same reasoning why female professors are looked upon negatively and are prejudged on their looks rather than their male counterparts, as well the reason why females are not in scientific and engineering fields, because at a young age we discourage them from learning.
    No.

They correlate if the strategy said corporation employs actually gains market share in relation to its competitors.

just No.

- - - Updated - - -

No it isn't, if it were a baseless claim, then there would be equitable representation among all demographics and genders and there would be no basis to studying a non-issue.
    No, there is no proof, or even reason, to believe this, this is faulty.

There is a societal issue discouraging women
    Women have free will, they are free to chose to study whatever they want.
    especially minorities
    Assertion, why the hell would female minorities be more 'discouraged' than females + minorities in general?
    from getting a job in STEM fields,
    No, just categorically there is not.
    which may be the same vein as the systemic racism in our justice and law enforcement system against blacks
    No, and biggest straw man ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No.

They correlate if the strategy said corporation employs actually gains market share in relation to its competitors.

just No.

- - - Updated - - -

No, there is no proof, or even reason, to believe this, this is faulty.

Women have free will, they are free to chose to study whatever they want.

Assertion, why the hell would female minorities be more 'discouraged' than females + minorities in general?

No, just categorically there is not.
    No, and biggest straw man ever.
    Are you asserting that there is no problem in the huge disparities between genders and demographics? Because.........? Is it your assertion that concludes men will always be the majority in "x" amount of fields because "y", and that is normal?

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    maybe we should focus on fixing the gender pay gap first, that way men will actually get payed equal to women instead of less.

then we can somehow make women as strong as men and want the same jobs they do.
    Or the CEO gap.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

I still don't understand which companies should have a certain woman CEO instead of a man. Has anyone provided a list of 50+ companies or so where a specific woman is more qualified and wants the job? Or is this just some vague, "hey let's make more CEOs women for the hell of it" with no thought or purpose as to which woman for which position?

pay gap
    what pay gap? which position at what company are you referring to where a woman is paid less than a man where everything else is equal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is like if Ron Swanson got into GamerGate then started doing slam poetry.
    Ahhh, the old classic lefty SJW "I can't actually debate against what you've just said. Therefore I'll say something else to divert attention from the point being made in the hope no one notices" routine.

I've seen you do this one before.

Care to address the point being made at all?

I think there is a more important gap to correct.

The life gap.

Women live longer than men by 5 years.

Therefore, men should be given free health care and health insurance, paid for by a tax on women until this awful gender gap closes.