Resetting fights on Progression - Monks do this perfectly

I have not really seen this mentioned here previously, and thought id share. We have 3 monks in our raid, a BRM, WW and MW(me).

We each place our transcendence outside of the gate for each fight, and on progression a wipe is sometimes needed because we fuck up and instead of wiping completely we just reset the boss.

This saves on repair bills, food buffs, but most importantly time.

Here are the fights that you can successfully reset using the taunt/transcendence method.

Gruul: Yes (just outside the gate)
    Oregorger: Yes (but not during a rolling phase)
    Blast Furnace: Especially helpful here since the run time is quite long and any add leaving the gate will reset the boss, jjust be sure to NOT taunt a caster, always taunt a melee add)
    Hans & Frans: Yes
    Flame Bender: Yes (but put the transcendence at the top of the ramp since I think there fire on the ramp)
    Kromag: Yes but make sure that you are in the hallway since if he does his fist smash you will still get knocked up, but the ceiling will stop and limit your fall damage)
    Beastlord: Yes
    Operator Thogar: Yes (just outside the gate but not on top of the grate cause the grate still hurts)
    Iron maidens: Yes but didn't use on this fight too much because if everyone is dead on the main platform and there are people on the ship, it will reset the boss so there is not much use but it is possible)
    Blackhand: I have not specifically tried it, but I do not think it is possible unless you are resetting in P1 since the platform changes.

Many people may already know about this, but for those that don't, it is incredibly helpful. Our raid leads have come to rely on this, and it has allowed us to get far more pulls in during our raid time.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Pro Tip - On Hanz and Franz, you can taunt behind the gate, so you can transcendence out first. Also make sure you're using zen med or something when the boss is coming at you in case he uses something on you like a body slam.

On Blackhand p2 I usually try and stay the last man standing if we wipe. It's enough to pop cd's as BrM and live long enough to get kicked up on the balcony with the adds and the boss instantly resets. Not a reset with transcendence but saves time nonetheless :P

How long do we think this will last until a hot fix?

Quote Originally Posted by doomedq View Post
    How long do we think this will last until a hot fix?
    Why would it? This is something monks and locks have been able to do since the relevant spells were added. I did it all the time when learning spirit kings if the second boss wasn't Subetai.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably won't see a hotfix, I remember doing this a LOT on H Paragons progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    On Kromog I use my transcendence to cheese the hands and help my co-tank out. I have been doing it on the other fights already, quite nice. Annoying in Oregorger rollphase though, when there's not enough crates opened yet.

Deleted
    Last time I tried it on Maidens, I got ported back into the area.

Quote Originally Posted by thaynia View Post
    Pro Tip - On Hanz and Franz, you can taunt behind the gate, so you can transcendence out first. Also make sure you're using zen med or something when the boss is coming at you in case he uses something on you like a body slam.
    #1 resetter on Kil'Jaeden
    Swankfu
    <Divine Council>
    Illidan - US

Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    If the boss you are taunting is on the gate that comes up after you pull, and you taunt and then transcendence out the boss will chase you and reset. 90% of the time it won't work, but there may be a better way of doing it.

Deleted
    Also a great way to troll an LFR

Finally, Raid Utility!!

You can also reset the 3rd phase of Blackhand. Taunt, jump over the edge, then Transcendance back up after a 1-1½ seconds. Worked for me at least and if you pop a slowfall item it'd pretty much guarantee a reset.

Edit: Blackhand of course has to be close to the edge when you jump down
    Last edited by Nihiel; 2015-03-06 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    this happend also when i tried to reset boss for bl and army for my dk. I think some people tried to tank them outside to avoid bomb shit and blizz fixed it that way
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2015-03-06 at 05:36 AM.