Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

Garrison PVP Invasion

When I was doing an Invasion the other day, I thought "wouldn't this be fun if instead of <NPC faction> attacking, it was other players?", thus my idea.
    Garrison PVP Invasions.
    They would queue like BGs, be anywhere from 3v3, 5v5, 10v10, something like that (given the size of the map, too many people would be a clusterf*ck), and have the same type of goals as other BGs.
    It would be turn-based, where Horde attack, then horde defend, rotating back and forth.
    It would be timed with a "resource" type count for each team, where if the timer hits 0 or if either resource (in this case, lives) drops to 0, it's over,
    The Invaders would want to destroy buildings (probably the large and medium, small are kinda pointless in this regard), then capture the HQ.
    The Defenders would want to stop the above.
    This would add 2 maps to PVP, with variable buildings chosen at random.
    To separate it a little bit, they can add 1 NPC to each building type that is fitting for the building. For example, Mage Tower has a mage guard, Stable has a mounted guy, Barn has Pitchfork guy, whatever, each with a single unique ability. The NPCs would be solo-able without interference (so they don't one-shot everyone), but the map isn't that big, and there's an enemy team…
    The winner can get honor, apexis, resources, whatever is deemed appropriate for such a quick little match.

Since there are no new PVP maps this go around, outside of Ashran, this could be a fairly easy to implement, yet fun little distraction.
    I'm sure there's tons of pros and cons that would prevent this, and there's plenty more to flesh out, I'm sure, but the idea is what it is; just an idea.

Thoughts, anyone?
    (PS Typed while at work, so I was mildly distracted and may have errors and such)

Deleted
    No, casuals and pve-ers would whine the mean Horde/Alliance is bothering them from afk-ing in the garrison - the wod end game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good idea, it can be like an mini AV were you kill the bosses on each side but have to get some towers or something (etc...) to get to the boss.

I'd better like new Battle Ground.

Wait, it's a new BG but in the "Garrison", I like that.

Deleted
    Please no. Keep Garissons out of PvP.

I only log in to pvp these days and completely ignore my Garissons.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't affect anyone who wants to just afk while waiting on a queue, it would be instanced, like AV, WSG, etc. Completely on its own.

They could even give you a "first of the day" invasion reward box, something like:
    Attacker objective: Capture the HQ (bonus for capturing Large buildings).
    Defender objective: Stop the above.
    2 Large plus HQ standing, Gold for Defenders, garbage for Attackers.
    1 Large plus HQ standing, silver for Defenders, Bronze for Attackers.
    HQ standing only, Bronze for Defenders, Silver for Attackers.
    Nothing left standing, garbage for Defenders, Gold for Attackers.

Something like that, to give incentive for people to run it.
    Hell, they can scale it to Platinum at the top, with Bronze at the bottom, and make it a weekly thing.
    I feel the garrison art and the resources put into them to attempt to make the zone feel alive and cool is essentially wasted by people who blankly stare at the screen waiting for a queue to pop.
    The instance is already there, the buildings are already plotted.
    All you need is a handful of NPC "Captains" and 1 NPC "Commander" to put in the buildings and it's good to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I dunno View Post
    No, casuals and pve-ers would whine the mean Horde/Alliance is bothering them from afk-ing in the garrison - the wod end game.
    Well, I'd assume both sides would have to actually accept... Not like garrison invasions just attack your garrison out of no where, you actually have to take the quest for it to activate...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Please no. Keep Garissons out of PvP.

I only log in to pvp these days and completely ignore my Garissons.
    It wouldn't be YOUR garrison, just use the Garrison map with randomly plotted buildings.
    If you don't like the looks of it, then you queue your normal BG/RBG/Ashran runs and call it a day.

-

I mean, I guess they could allow you to choose the "Leader" option, which will, instead of plotting it randomly, use your Garrison layout, but it's not necessary.
    No one's gonna stop to peruse your Arch items or marvel at your follower count; they will be busy with objectives (plus that kinda crap wouldn't be there anyway, just the basic layout of the Garrison pre-fluff nonsense).

I like this idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should post this idea on the official forums. It'd be great to vent out the garrison frustration by assaulting one.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."