Garrison Invasions

Hello. I just have a quick question.

Is there a trick to triggering garrison invasions? I've played my shaman since the start of WoD, but I haven't gotten the quest for an invasion. I researched it a bit and all I could find is that I have to kill a certain amount of enemies from the specific factions (Iron Hrode, Sargerei, etc). I'm sure I've killed enough, I do the apexis daily frequently. Even more confusing is that I was able to trigger an invasion on my priest, which I've played far less. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    MY trick is "go with my bodyguard whom I'm trying to level up, intentionally up the kill count to something insane" rather than focusing on the objective itself. And I get 3 invasions per week. Obviously this makes the daily take longer, but it does the double-duty of bodyguard rep + invasions.

Results may vary, but that's what I do.

just do the apexis dailies, that should proc an invasion, those are generally the areas you could farm as well to proc an invasion.

From what I've read, there's some kind of invisible counter for mobs of each of the invasion factions. Like Socialhealer said, if you just to the dailies each day you should end up killing enough mobs to trigger at least 1 or 2 invasions. If you want to aim at a certain faction for achievement purposes, find an area that has mobs you want to invade the garrison and just grind them for an hour or 2. (Assuming the daily never targets mobs of the faction you want)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom