Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it just me orr??

So I was watching a TV series I enjoy, online. When I somehow (lol) got into a discussion about stupid shit.. Lol Cuz I troll! No but really.. This is the dude's last statement posted..

What are you talking about? You are talking nonsense. There are still ignorant, uneducated and mindless thugs that kill non-hetersexuals, because they think it is "wrong". There is no "right" nor "wrong" with being a non-hetersexual. Homosexuality happens in 1500 species of animals.

Not everything is a human perception, nor a belief system for that matter. This Universe existed billions of years before I was born and will still exist billions of years after I am dead.
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find this just utterly sad & misinformed?

(He was responding to something I had said earlier about Homosexuality gaining more acceptance among society.. This guy literally thought I meant every person on the planet is "accepting" it.)
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

No, I think that you troll too.

I thought this was going to be a hockey thread...booooo
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Homosexuality does occur in a shit ton of species though, so what is "utterly sad and misinformed"?

Was the guy talking about 3rd world countries or Mid East regions? Non-heterosexuals are at high risk in some of those areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you asking for opinions? This is a question of facts, not opinions. Google it.

My guess though? I highly doubt we can document homosexuality in as much as 1500 species, but it is documented in quite a few.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/200...sexuality.aspx

I'm failing to see what was uninformed in the other person's statement. Sounds like OP is the uniformed one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsofDisaster View Post
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/200...sexuality.aspx

I'm failing to see what was uninformed in the other person's statement. Sounds like OP is the uniformed one.
    A biased piece with no source for the number, awesome.

My dad used to have this tomcat that was really mean and un neutered, which is a long story.

When other tomcats would come into the yard not only would he would beat them up he would then mount them like they were girl cats. We always assumed it was his way of insuring they wouldn't violate his territorials boundaries a second time but maybe not.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    1500 is at worst very exaggerated and at best accurate. I've don't care much either way and clearly not enough to search more about it.
    In any cases it's far from utterly sad & misinformed.

But really, amongst all the shit said on the webz, this is what shocks you the most ? Wut ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Homosexuality does occur in a shit ton of species though, so what is "utterly sad and misinformed"?
    As it does with humans? Not even close.. Just because a male dog humps the other male dog doesn't = Homosexuality.

Animals do not have the brain capacity to "choose" what gender of another animal they goto reproduce with. It's all instinctual. Animals don't *think* about sex like Humans do, in fact they don't *think* about it at all. Every species on this planet follows the rules of evolution.. Evolution and propagation of a species and homosexuality does not go together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Was the guy talking about 3rd world countries or Mid East regions? Non-heterosexuals are at high risk in some of those areas.
    No I think he meant generally across the world.. not sure though.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Homosexuality is not the norm for any species.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    So I was watching a TV series I enjoy, online. When I somehow (lol) got into a discussion about stupid shit.. Lol Cuz I troll! No but really.. This is the dude's last statement posted..

Is it just me, or does anyone else find this just utterly sad & misinformed?

(He was responding to something I had said earlier about Homosexuality gaining more acceptance among society.. This guy literally thought I meant every person on the planet is "accepting" it.)
    What studies have you done to prove otherwise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    1500 is at worst very exaggerated and at best accurate. I've don't care much either way and clearly not enough to search more about it.
    In any cases it's far from utterly sad & misinformed.

But really, amongst all the shit said on the webz, this is what shocks you the most ? Wut ?
    Not even close.. I just wanted to know on average how many other people actually think something like that is true.

As it does with humans? Not even close.. Just because a male dog humps the other male dog doesn't = Homosexuality.

Animals do not have the brain capacity to "choose" what gender of another animal they goto reproduce with. It's all instinctual. Animals don't *think* about sex like Humans do, in fact they don't *think* about it at all. Every species on this planet follows the rules of evolution.. Evolution and propagation of a species and homosexuality does not go together.

- - - Updated - - -

No I think he meant generally across the world.. not sure though.
    Homosexuality-An erotic activity with another of the same sex. Yes, that's exactly what it means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    What studies have you done to prove otherwise?
    I've looked outside.

Propagation of a species = they don't use or engage in homosexuality on a grand species level.. if they had.. They couldn't reproduce..

15+ Year Old Account

It goes together just fine. Most species that are documented to have gay sex are pack animals, and it seems to be used regularly to establish hierarchy, bond, and solve conflicts, all of which are important to the survival and success of the group and individual. Seeing as you don't need all males to have offspring (in fact, in social animals the ones lowest on the hierarchical ladder often don't get to have children regardless), and the female tends to allow herself to be impregnated despite having a female partner, there is no obvious detrimental effect to the propagation of a species. Where properly observed, it seems to serve a positive function.

If you're going to weigh up actions from an evolutionary standpoint, you can't do it so incredibly superficially, it'll never be correct.
    Last edited by Revi; 2015-03-04 at 12:27 AM.

I've looked outside.

Propagation of a species = they don't use or engage in homosexuality on a grand species level.. if they had.. They couldn't reproduce..
    lol. Yeah. that'll fly. Humans propagate too. What is your point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    A biased piece with no source for the number, awesome.
    I don't think it matters. The wikipedia page for global biodiversity or something puts the total number of species on earth at like 8.7million. Whether you say it's 1 species, 15 species, 150 species or 1500 species, you're talking about tiny fractions of a percent of the total number of species on the planet. I believe homosexuality is natural, and I believe it serves an evolutionary purpose (note below) in humans at least and possibly some other species too, but I don't think we can look at animals and say "they do it, so it's natural" - the very fact that we as humans do it means it's natural regardless of whether or not any other animals do it. No other animals develop language, but I wouldn't say language is unnatural. After all, our vocal chords have evolved in a way that allows us to speak, just like big cats have evolved in a way that allows them to roar.

Note about evolutionary purpose of homosexuality: I may be totally misinformed but I was discussing this a while ago and it sort of feels like... if you have a pack of animals, whether they are wolves or humans or whales, the strength of that pack depends on the number of fit and able adults. But we're not particularly strong on our own, even with tools I wouldn't like to take my chances against a bunch of lions even with a gun if I was out in tall grass you know, never mind with a ghetto stone spear. Children can't really defend themselves, but you can have several children over your lifetime and stagger them if you want. It makes sense to have a pretty high ratio of adults to children, particularly in a species like humans that work as a group to survive, because it means that as a group you are stronger and better able to protect your kids. if a certain percentage of your tribe are homogays, it's going to slow population growth down right, but homogays can still hold a spear and protect their friends and family against lions and shit, it just keeps your ratio of adults to children a little higher than it otherwise would be, and yet if you really need to, their junk all still functions so if you really need to pump out babies to up your population, you can do. It's kind of like turtling in an RTS game. Maybe you don't expand so fast, but you're not going to die out because you have so many defense turrets or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Homosexuality-An erotic activity with another of the same sex. Yes, that's exactly what it means.
    For HUMANS.. You really think something like a dog goes around thinkin,

"Hmm I think I'll go fuck the neighbor dog again, because he's another male dog, and other male dogs arouse me more than a female dog can."

That has to be THE stupidest shit ever.