Page 1 of 2
LastLast

6.1.2 Execute Changes

Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Execute Off-Hand now does 350% of weapon damage, up from 310%.

Arms
    Execute now does 135% of weapon damage, down from 155%. Now uses up to 30 additional Rage to deal up to (405% of weapon damage) additional damage, up from 350%.

Fury & Protection
    Execute now does 350% of weapon damage, up from 310%.

So just to be clear, this is indeed an overall increase to Arms Execute damage if used with 40+ rage?

Yep, but it is a large nerf to SD damage so Arms will most likely always use Slam on single target fights. Also the straight buff for fury executes. I guess it is nice to have a class with such a large execute phase, but i'd love to do more dps out side of that last 20%...

Edit : This is also a buff for Furys SD talent.. meaning it will be a must since it will do much more damage than Furious strikes.

Edit 2: It is a tool tip fix sorry.
    Last edited by dgbaker93; 2015-03-04 at 04:36 PM.

I agree. Being more competitive pre-Execute phase would be rather nice.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I welcome the buff, but I also am sad they're ruining the design of Arms game play even more.

aint these tooltip fixes?

Quote Originally Posted by azazal View Post
    aint these tooltip fixes?
    That is what I thought, as well.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very very sure they're not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    That is what I thought, as well.
    They're not. Current execute is 155% to 350% (40 rage)
    new execute will be 10 rage = 135% to 405%

hmm I wonder what they're trying to do here. Are they trying to make execute like kill shot where they do like same amount of damage as execute with 0 contribution from mastery?

Whatever's this season sucks for gearing with all these changes

Deleted
    I'm glad I alrdy rerolled. Can't play arms cuz its 100% below 20%. And you actually need crit to play fury, which I seemed to have geared away from.

Arms one is probably to fix the issue where execute's DPR goes down the more rage it consumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethro View Post
    Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator)
    Execute Off-Hand now does 350% of weapon damage, up from 310%.

Arms
    Execute now does 135% of weapon damage, down from 155%. Now uses up to 30 additional Rage to deal up to (405% of weapon damage) additional damage, up from 350%.

Fury & Protection
    Execute now does 350% of weapon damage, up from 310%.

So just to be clear, this is indeed an overall increase to Arms Execute damage if used with 40+ rage?
    Nothing is changed from live. This is a tooltip fix.

Fury already does 350% weapon damage
    Protection already does 700% weapon damage
    Arms already does 135% weapon damage + 13.5% weapon damage per rage point up to a maximum of 540% weapon damage. (this is the same as what the 6.1.2 says, just worded differently)

I can absolutely 100% confirm ingame this is how it is. There are no buffs/nerfs going on.

ah damn so just tooltip changes, for a second there I thought blizzard cared or were at least trying stuff, nope.

Deleted
    I kinda dislike this change since it puts Execute in a Spot where the DpR is always the same no matter how much Rage you have.
    It was just a little interesting thing but oh well, they got rid of it so yeah...

Arms is still the best on some Fights, which is perfectly fine for me, all it might change for me is that I will most likely play Encounters like Iron Maidens with Taste for Blood instead of Sudden Death and go full execute-mode on them. I considered Playing Fury as well since it does pretty good on 3Target sustained Cleave but to get more dmg down in the Phase which really matters, ill gladly take TfB.

As long as Slam does not somehow get changed to scale with mastery, I probably will not try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Nothing is changed from live. This is a tooltip fix.

Fury already does 350% weapon damage
    Protection already does 700% weapon damage
    Arms already does 135% weapon damage + 13.5% weapon damage per rage point up to a maximum of 540% weapon damage. (this is the same as what the 6.1.2 says, just worded differently)

I can absolutely 100% confirm ingame this is how it is. There are no buffs/nerfs going on.
    Explain this http://www.wowhead.com/spell=163201/execute#changelog

Quote Originally Posted by Zackarin View Post
    You're wrong, he's right. They hotfixed Arms execute damage to 135% very late in 6.1 PTR.

Yes, it is incredibly confusing all around.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2015-03-04 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    That's not a very good explanation as to why it should supposedly do more dmg than previous iterations of 6.1 if the tooltips are correct shouldn't we be prioritising 40 rage executes over anything now?

Also i thought the only hotfixes were nerfs so far?

I'm just confused help me out man.

That's not a very good explanation as to why it should supposedly do more dmg than previous iterations of 6.1
    Really you just shouldn't trust anything about Blizzard's tooltips ever. It makes things a lot easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Really you just shouldn't trust anything about Blizzard's tooltips ever. It makes things a lot easier.
    Alright i'll take your word for it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also that would mean that http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...1-Known-Issues is incorrect aswell?

Alright i'll take your word for it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Also does this mean the http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...1-Known-Issues is incorrect aswell?

No, those are accurate (Except for the additional rage damage, that's suspect until tested). What's inaccurate is that anything has changed between how things work on live, and PTR.

You can go and hit a target dummy yourself and see, this isn't hard stuff to verify.