Thread: 2016 MLB Thread

Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completely missed this last year... Is Montero in Seattle's minor league system now?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1923942

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol damn hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    I completely missed this last year... Is Montero in Seattle's minor league system now?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1923942
    Yeah, he's at Tacoma now. He actually looks really good now, dropped a ton of weight over the winter so maybe he'll finally show a little of the promise he once had.

Dear sweet Christ that is hilarious.... one of those things that you just can't make up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had forgotten about that, it was pretty hilarious, way funnier than minor leaguers trying to bite each others ears off.

11-0 like bosses. I gotta live it up now, we probably won't be there in october. deGrom and Harvey kick off the subway series.

Man.. the Royals' young pitchers are a bunch of jackasses. Dudes have been involved in dust ups in almost every series they've had this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Man.. the Royals' young pitchers are a bunch of jackasses. Dudes have been involved in dust ups in almost every series they've had this year.
    I guess they didn't have a Crash Davis in their minor league system.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of nice when your teams best prospects on a season are "hopefully not the worst team in the entire league" it makes your victories feel even sweeter when they happen!

Also in pretty sure that Burt byleven is going to swear at least one time on camera at and point and I want to be there for it!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it was weird that a catcher could possibly suck at batting. The dude looks at pitches the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do enjoy seeing the Dodgers beat the shit out of Ian Kennedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Major Blow for the Cardinals, Wainwright possibly done for the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Injured running out of the batting box. Still think it's a complete nomen hat the thtw leagues have different rules for the pitchers batting. Either they should all have dh, or all have pitchers forced to hit. Bullshig injuries like this shouldn't be restricted to one league and half the inter league play.

Also makes the world series more stupid having different rules for different games. Imagine if the afc and nfc in fkotba had a rule where the qb also had to kick field goals or some bullshit. Completely asinine
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    NL needs their free Ks though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dodgers finally wised up and put Puig on the DL, kept running him out there to aggravate his hamstring. They went through the same shit with Kemp you'd think they'd have learned by now, have I mentioned I have never been a fan of the medical staff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Dodgers finally wised up and put Puig on the DL, kept running him out there to aggravate his hamstring. They went through the same shit with Kemp you'd think they'd have learned by now, have I mentioned I have never been a fan of the medical staff?
    They should hire th Phoenix Suns training staff away, they probably have the money :P (obviously different sport, but still sports injury training)
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to start this whole debate, but I'm big non-DH guy. I think the pitcher batting adds way more strategy, tough decisions for the manager which are fun to nit pick. Also I think it makes logical sense to have your 9 position players be your 9 lineup guys in the batting order. I just think DH starts dividing players between offensive and defensive players, as opposed to everyone playing offense and defense. What if the lack of hitting from catchers continues to trend downwards and we have season where every catcher hits below .250, why then not add a 2nd DH to hit instead of the catcher? Eventually you could just end up with 9 fielders separate from the 9 hitters and feels like a completely different sport.

I get that more runs = more fun, but I'm guess I'm in the minority where I enjoy early pitching changes, double switches, and sacrifice bunts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to start this whole debate, but I'm big non-DH guy. I think the pitcher batting adds way more strategy, tough decisions for the manager which are fun to nit pick. Also I think it makes logical sense to have your 9 position players be your 9 lineup guys in the batting order. I just think DH starts dividing players between offensive and defensive players, as opposed to everyone playing offense and defense. What if the lack of hitting from catchers continues to trend downwards and we have season where every catcher hits below .250, why then not add a 2nd DH to hit instead of the catcher? Eventually you could just end up with 9 fielders separate from the 9 hitters and feels like a completely different sport.

I get that more runs = more fun, but I'm guess I'm in the minority where I enjoy early pitching changes, double switches, and sacrifice bunts.
    I'm an NL fan, I'm fine with things as they are. Most complaints I hear are from AL fans or injured pitchers, I'm looking at you, Scherzer.

10+ Year Old Account

I dont give a fuck either way, as long as the leagues are the god damn same.

It is literally just retarded that two leagues of the same sport have different rules for a position. It is completely asinine. I don't care if they change it either way, just make it the damn same. Injuries being possible for one league and not the other is completely stupid. Nobody can deny that, period.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I dont give a fuck either way, as long as the leagues are the god damn same.

It is literally just retarded that two leagues of the same sport have different rules for a position. It is completely asinine. I don't care if they change it either way, just make it the damn same. Injuries being possible for one league and not the other is completely stupid. Nobody can deny that, period.
    I personally love that it is different in each league.

I do think they need to get rid of interleague play though. I mean, back when it started, it was kinda cool. Now, where there are interleague games every week... bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I personally love that it is different in each league.

I do think they need to get rid of interleague play though. I mean, back when it started, it was kinda cool. Now, where there are interleague games every week... bullshit.
    Kinda stuck with interleague games almost every day now that there are 15 teams in each league, but I'd definitely prefer going back to separate leagues again. Always made the World Series special since you knew the two teams never faced each other except then. They always fudged the numbers to make interleague seem more popular than it was: "Interleague games have 20% higher attendance than the average!" But never noted that interleague was always in the middle of summer when attendance was highest anyway.

As far as the DH, I don't really care one way or another. I'm sort of used to how it is with each league having its own rules since it's been that way since before I was born.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2015-04-27 at 06:39 PM.