Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Random email I got today.

Hi Everyone,

I just got an email from an acquaintance (more a friend of a friend) who I haven't talked to for at least the last year. I copied the email below, names have been changed.

I have feelings for you, Taylor. There I said it. I have for some time. I thought it was just
    physical, but as I've gotten to know you.......it's hard to describe. Just being around you...
    it makes me happy. And this past year where I've hardly seen you....well I'm always kind of sad
    and lonely but it's been so much worse. What really cemented how much I care for you was that time on New Years day you obsessively dragged me around that park, and then out of the park, looking for a bathroom while ignoring that I was in real physical pain from holding it in so long. I got so upset......you don't get that upset over something that minor unless you really care.
    I'm...so sorry I pushed you away. That time you basically told me without out and out telling me you liked me, and I just sat there eating the sandwich, I wanted more then anything to tell you I felt the same way. But I was so scared. Because I'm always wrong about these things. Always. It doesn't seem to matter how long we've known each other, how much me get along, how sure I am there's something more there, I'm always wrong. Then when they inevitably reject me I'm all hurt, and they're all weirded out that I could have had such thoughts about them, and we can't even be friends anymore. And this time with you the inevitable
    rejection wouldn't just hurt you and I it could hurt both of our relationships with Willow and
    Marcus. But I'm barely friends with them now anyway, and as much as I thought this
    would just go away it hasn't. It all just came rushing back when I saw you last Halloween. I miss you so much it hurts, and I don't care if I'm making a fool of myself again this needs to be
    resolved one way or the other.

p.s. I do hope you appreciate how much courage it took to write this, considering my entire
    romantic history. I've always associated these feelings with inevitable pain and loss; it took
    months to build up this courage, and a couple rum and cokes, to actually write this.

p.p.s. By the way I totally would of asked you to go with me to my sister's wedding, but Willow only realized the online calendar error less then a week to go and I just didn't think that was giving you enough time. I mean you'd probably have to buy something new and expensive to wear, and make sure your entire day is free, it just wouldn't of been fair to you to ask. Plus you know I just naturally assumed the answer would be no anyway.
    A couple things:

-We've hung out maybe six times total, with friends.
    -No flirting, touching, exchanging of phone numbers etc of any kind. I assume he got my email from our mutual friends.
    -I definitely WAS NOT INTERESTED and felt like I made myself clear regarding those feelings.
    -Every time we've hung out together he's acted a little weird. I assume autism/Asperger's, other people in his life also assume as such.
    -One of the last times we hung out, he got mad at me because I couldn't find a bathroom for him (we were hiking in a city park). Again I assume Aspergers or autism...he has a helpless child vibe even though he's in his mid 20s.
    -He's a little unstable for reasons I won't go into here, one of our mutual friends is scared of him because he became angry over something minor and threatened violence, ended up putting his fist through a wall.

Basically I am not sure if I should ignore the letter or if I should address it in some way, he seems fragile and I do not want to hurt his feelings OR make him angry. But at the same time, I am 110% NOT interested in him and am unsure how I can make this clear if I was to write him back.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    lay him down hard.
    Fixed that for you.
    Games I'm playing right now (not necessarily literally):
    D3, CS:GO, TF2, Hearthstone
    Hit me up if you wanna play sometime.

7+ Year Old Account
    It seems like every other person is said to have Aspergers these days.

Yeah stay well clear, it seems like it can only get messy. Ignore it and if you get caught out deny seeing it (my spam filter is set really high etc...) and tell him you're not interested (try not to be too friendly but not too harsh either, just be direct, to the point and dispassionate). Although if he actually confronts you about it in person then you might have bigger problems to worry about. It's probably not about you specifically but just desperation.

I thought you were supposed to get plastered and call girls at 3am to express your feelings? Email seems a little impersonal.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We've hung out maybe six times total, with friends.
    Run.

Don't look back.

That's a rather unsettling email.

Whatever you do make sure you give him your credit card numbers and social security number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Damn. I feel bad for the guy. He's been harboring this fantasy for a year and it was all based off you spending 5 minutes alone with him trying to find a pisser. I'd ignore him. Let him continue the fantasy.
    You know, it's strange.

At first, after hearing the bathroom scenario and how the OP allegedly told him she liked him, I thought it was a chick and was thinking "well, if she's hot I don't see what the big deal is just pump n dump and..."

But then I saw the OP say "him" and my immediate reaction was to tell her to run for the hills.

email him back, but not as you, as like your mom whos watching over your email account while you're out of the country.

Tell him that you're in some remote city(find a city) in Africa helping(some charity mission there) and theres no way to contact you remotely for another couple years.

If he really goes to Africa to find you and confess his feelings, you should at least bring flowers to his funeral.

10+ Year Old Account
    But yeah...

I got so upset......you don't get that upset over something that minor unless you really care.
    A couple million bucks and we got a Christian Grey on our hands.

I'm...so sorry I pushed you away. That time you basically told me without out and out telling me you liked me, and I just sat there eating the sandwich, I wanted more then anything to tell you I felt the same way. But I was so scared. Because I'm always wrong about these things.
    Lack of self confidence isn't the greatest trait.

I've always associated these feelings with inevitable pain and loss
    Manlet. Christian Grey needs a little Ebonheart blood. See my response to the 2nd thing I quoted.

Then when they inevitably reject me I'm all hurt, and they're all weirded out that I could have had such thoughts about them,
    Doing the same thing and expecting diffrent results.

Yeah OP, run as FAST as you can. I would just let him easy in a email.

Be like, "I'm not interested, but I always apperciated your company and hope nothing but the best."

He said "would of" instead of "would have". Cut him from your life and never look back.

Not sure if this is real or not, as this is the person's first post. Bit strange to make something like this be your first post.

What if he's a WoW player and comes here once in a while?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    He said "would of" instead of "would have". Cut him from your life and never look back.

Not sure if this is real or not, as this is the person's first post. Bit strange to make something like this be your first post.
    My guess since it appears like a name a guy/nerd would have is that the OP is actually the sender of the email; he's pretening to be the recipient to gauge the advice we give to his "crush".

Kind of genius if you think about it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nooope. At first I was like "yeah sure, just explain that you have no feelings" but then I read it properly and yeah. The guy sounds obsessive at the very least, and that's a bad start straight off the bat. I'd go with Shadowmelded's suggestion

Deleted
    If the guy really wanted to make a good impression he'd of written the letter by hand and delivered it himself!

Girls love it when you show up unannounced and uninvited to their homes.

Trust me.

She'll be too breathless in admiration to even ask how the fuck you found her address!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Yeah stay well clear, it seems like it can only get messy. Ignore it and if you get caught out deny seeing it (my spam filter is set really high etc...) and tell him you're not interested (try not to be too friendly but not too harsh either, just be direct, to the point and dispassionate). Although if he actually confronts you about it in person then you might have bigger problems to worry about. It's probably not about you specifically but just desperation.
    I'd probably do something like this as well, he seems unstable...

At first, after hearing the bathroom scenario and how the OP allegedly told him she liked him, I thought it was a chick and was thinking "well, if she's hot I don't see what the big deal is just pump n dump and..."

But then I saw the OP say "him" and my immediate reaction was to tell her to run for the hills.
    So you'd encourage a man to abuse the situation for sex... .___. Classy. -.-.

Deleted
    Just be honest, is that too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    Just be honest, is that too hard?
    If the person is nuts, yes, it could end up badly. It could either way though. Hopefully he doesn't know were OP lives...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's important you hand deliver it too. If she's not home, just find a way in and surprise her by hiding in her closet.
    Perfect!

Try and cook something for her as well if she's not home yet.

I heard a candle lit table with maccy d's really sets the mood and then you get to give her the letter while eating amazing cuisine!

Win win.