Aggro hunter arena?

Is this the new cool thing? I built a crazy good mage deck today (the kind that makes you feel guilty) and after six wins, it was nothing but aggro hunter. I muddled my way through for three more wins but lost my three to aggro hunters. I know people blow that kinda crap out of proportion but that was five aggro hunters (and one mid range pally) after six wins. Used to never see hunters after two wins lol. Anyone else seeing the same trend?

Aggro Hunter is nothing new in Arena, it's 1 of the few ways Hunter can be consistent in Arena, their Hero Power just lets them get away with more aggressive curve.

I think people underestimate hunters potential in arena. My first 12-0 was as an face hunter deck in arena, it wasn't even a good draft.

That said you get absolutely 0 sympathy, I'm sick of Mages in arena. "Ooo I'm 3-0, time to face non-stop mages from now on".

"Lol got skillstriked 4 times this game"

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I think people underestimate hunters potential in arena. My first 12-0 was as an face hunter deck in arena, it wasn't even a good draft.

That said you get absolutely 0 sympathy, I'm sick of Mages in arena. "Ooo I'm 3-0, time to face non-stop mages from now on".

"Lol got skillstriked 4 times this game"
    Lol yes, I had drafted 4 flame strikes and 3 fireballs. I was very exited to be "that asshole" for once. Thought for sure I had a 12 win deck but three different face hunters decided to poop on my parade. This was the first I had encountered hunters at that many wins. I'm used to all pallies and mages after around 5 wins.

I pretty much always pick Hunter in Arena, even though I rarely play Hunter in ranked. It's very dependable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Playing my least favorite in arena tonight (Shaman) and i'm at six wins. I feel I've stepped into the twilight zone.

The best way to play Hunter in Arena is to be very aggressive. You simply don't have the tools that other classes do to win late game slugfests. It's great because once you get them to that 15 HP range they're on a clock and have to play very defensively. The hero power is nice because there are so many games where you can manage to bring your opponent low but don't have that last burst card to finish them off, but as Hunter you can continue to pick away.

Deleted
    Hunter hero power is one of the best in Arena. It has no real effect on the board but it puts the opponent on the clock. In arena games often reach topdecking stages and at this time guaranteed 2 dmg per turn can win you the game.

I always pick hunter in arena when I can. Rarely getting less than 6 wins with it. 12 is rare but I can do 8-9 pretty often which is fair enough - gives me the entry fee back.

Webspinner - the best 1 drop you can take. Sure sometimes you'll get capitan's parrot. But other times you'll get a highmane or krush or malorne.
    Animal Companion - a bit RNG but overall good for 3 mana
    Highmane - insane value for 6. Sticky minions are the best ones for arena
    Traps - always decent, can screw your opponent pretty badly
    UTH + wolf - decent minion based damage
    Explosive shot - ok conditional removal i guess