Is my gear/stats enough to play Arcane?

My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krath/advanced

Hi guys, my Mage has a 655 ilvl with 49% Mastery (self buffed) which is 1800, would this be enough to be Arcane and be competitive? My hunter and warlock have been my 2 mains but the lock just isn't fun and the Hunter is a nightmare to try and get in pug raids (i'm not in a raiding guild) and if you do get in there are always others so getting gear is hard work, so I'm thinking about concentrating more on my Mage and gearing him up so i'm just curious as to which spec would be best for my ilvl and stats? I've been trying to get Mastery bits but I also have some Multistrike bits I could use if Frost would be better?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    My Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...krath/advanced

Hi guys, my Mage has a 655 ilvl with 49% Mastery (self buffed) which is 1800, would this be enough to be Arcane and be competitive? My hunter and warlock have been my 2 mains but the lock just isn't fun and the Hunter is a nightmare to try and get in pug raids (i'm not in a raiding guild) and if you do get in there are always others so getting gear is hard work, so I'm thinking about concentrating more on my Mage and gearing him up so i'm just curious as to which spec would be best for my ilvl and stats? I've been trying to get Mastery bits but I also have some Multistrike bits I could use if Frost would be better?

Any help would be much appreciated!
    You can sim it.

But frost should be slightly better at your ilvl, but it wont matter much. If any aoe frost will excel at your ilvl, but on ST should be about the same.

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/JpwGur6.png

There is no point where Arcane (or Fire really) overtakes Frost, ever.

The reason we all were Frost for Highmaul is that the other two specs were still trash before the last round of hotfixes, and it really doesn't make sense to respec during progression unless it's absolutely necessary, not because Arcane or Fire are only viable with BRF gear. They are simply more situational and less versatile than Frost is.

Also, itemization isn't that important. You don't need x% of a stat for a spec to be viable; Fire gets massive crit passively, and Arcane is just strong on single target overall no matter the gear. What causes certain specs to shine is fight design, not gear. This is also why some people went Fire for Tectus progression, and Arcane for Butcher progression, despite having full multistrike gear, gems and enchants from highmaul.
    Last edited by mmoce49677c372; 2015-03-04 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/JpwGur6.png

There is no point where Arcane (or Fire really) overtakes Frost, ever.

The reason we all were Frost for Highmaul is that the other two specs were still trash before the last round of hotfixes, and it really doesn't make sense to respec during progression unless it's absolutely necessary, not because Arcane or Fire are only viable with BRF gear. They are simply more situational and less versatile than Frost is.

Also, itemization isn't that important. You don't need x% of a stat for a spec to be viable; Fire gets massive crit passively, and Arcane is just strong on single target overall no matter the gear. What causes certain specs to shine is fight design, not gear. This is also why some people went Fire for Tectus progression, and Arcane for Butcher progression, despite having full multistrike gear, gems and enchants from highmaul.
    There is no point where Arcane overtakes the 2 other spec ? Make me laugh. Arcane is by far the best in ST and go look at the logs if you don't believe me.. I played frost then switched to Arcane and god is it better in ST. It may be a little more complicated to masterize, but it's rewarding when well played.
    Fire sucks in comparison in ST without 4 set bonus where it becomes good and is the best in aoe situation because of Combustion+LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    There is no point where Arcane overtakes the 2 other spec ? Make me laugh.
    i believe the point he was making was, at 630 ilvl arcane sims higher on single target with zero movement then frost and fire sims lower, and at 695 ilvl arcane still sims higher then frost on single target with zero movement and fire sims lower - there is no point where arcane or fire "overtake" eachother or frost on single target patchwerk, because strictly speaking they are always better/worse anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liandryl View Post
    There is no point where Arcane overtakes the 2 other spec ? Make me laugh. Arcane is by far the best in ST and go look at the logs if you don't believe me.. I played frost then switched to Arcane and god is it better in ST. It may be a little more complicated to masterize, but it's rewarding when well played.
    Fire sucks in comparison in ST without 4 set bonus where it becomes good and is the best in aoe situation because of Combustion+LB.
    I worded it badly, i meant that Arcane on pure single target is always ahead of Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    i believe the point he was making was, at 630 ilvl arcane sims higher on single target with zero movement then frost and fire sims lower, and at 695 ilvl arcane still sims higher then frost on single target with zero movement and fire sims lower - there is no point where arcane or fire "overtake" eachother or frost on single target patchwerk, because strictly speaking they are always better/worse anyway
    Exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    I worded it badly, i meant that Arcane on pure single target is always ahead of Frost

With pure multistrike gear at the beginning is frost ahead

Frost will be ahead with pure MS