Thread: BiS

BiS

Anyone have a link or the list of the Best in Slot list. Can't seem to find it. The one on Icy Veins seems off. Thanks

BiS lists are kind of irrelevant now with the crafted and random gear. If you need help deciding what drops to prioritize in your raids, use the weights from the theorycrafting thread. There really isn't a singular "best in slot" combination anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curulan View Post
    BiS lists are kind of irrelevant now with the crafted and random gear. If you need help deciding what drops to prioritize in your raids, use the weights from the theorycrafting thread. There really isn't a singular "best in slot" combination anymore.
    There has always been and always will be a "BiS list". It's just harder to come by. One combination of items is bound to be mathematically better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    There has always been and always will be a "BiS list". It's just harder to come by. One combination of items is bound to be mathematically better than others.
    You are technically correct, albeit deliberately pedantic.

The point is, and remains, that in a game-state where random sockets, warforged gear and random stats all combine together to pit items against each other - the purpose of a BiS list is vastly diminished.

If we are talking about a world where you get WF/Socket/Stat every single time - sure, a BiS list would be pretty handy.

In the current world, where you can have a perfect set of BiS gear and then a less-optimal piece drops and its WF or an even less viable piece drops with WF/Socket - it's very difficult to put into practice.

So, as Hyperfly originally indicated, you are better off working out the "approximate" best gear for yourself and then changing this on the fly as pieces with additional benefits drop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfly View Post
    Anyone have a link or the list of the Best in Slot list. Can't seem to find it. The one on Icy Veins seems off. Thanks
    You should probably mention which spec/talents you are. Speaking purely from protection, the BiS list is very different between end talent choices.

7+ Year Old Account
    forexample. typically BiS offset shoulders would be what i want. but since i have mythic warforged and socketed chest from twin ogron that is going to beat pretty much any tier piece unless its WF and socketed. so my BiS offpiece would be my chest piece instead of shoulders

Lol here ya go, from simcraft

http://goo.gl/FTRXSK

Quote Originally Posted by Chivolence View Post
    Lol here ya go, from simcraft

http://goo.gl/FTRXSK
    Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperfly View Post
    Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!
    GL getting all those WF/Socketed pieces

just means that blizz did a good job making people have to raid for longer to get full BiS, you pretty much have to have the devils luck but it is possible after a while, and TY for the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicace000 View Post
    just means that blizz did a good job making people have to raid for longer to get full BiS, you pretty much have to have the devils luck but it is possible after a while, and TY for the list.
    Getting 14 MWF + socketed pieces ?
    I think your definition of possible after a while, is a bit off, seeing how there still wasn't that many people with full MWF after 1 year of SoO (w/o needing the socket RNG)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicace000 View Post
    just means that blizz did a good job eliminating BiS
    There, fixed that for you.