15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places

New Fury Warrior Rage Issues

Hello,

I just leveled a warrior to 100 finally finishing this afternoon. In my early levels, rage was a non issue. Even from about 90-98 I really had no issues at all and I was doing about 11-16k dps in 5mans while in that level range. Suddenly I find myself with nothing proccing and craving rage just to hit a button and watching my dps sink lower and lower. In a 5 man, if procs are plentiful, I will see about 22k dps. If not, I'm doing around 11 or 12k. I'm 626 ilvl (thanks to the auction house). Is downtime aka auto swinging normal? Will it get better with more gear that doesn't want to drop? Just trying to see what the expectations usually are so I don't get frustrated. I'm used to playing a monk that has a fast play style so it could just be me. I don't know.

Here's my armory page in case anyone wants to know. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Vekarsa/simple

Thank you!
    Last edited by Xenyatta; 2015-03-05 at 05:54 AM.

It'll defs get better as you get more crit. In both procs and rage. It'll be an auto attack fest till you get around 20% crit

As an option, you could try 'Unquenchable Thirst' (lvl 45 talent).

That way you'd always have SOMETHING you could push and it would allow you to 'fish' for enrage procs as well as build rage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Thank you both! Happy to see it wasn't just me. I was surprised when I went from playing like a beast to playing like I was hitting a horse with a feather in like 2 levels. Thanks for the help and yes I think I'll change it to UQT for now even though I love it when executes proc!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was slightly starved to begin with (I hit lvl 100 a week ago), sudden death procs were a god send as it game me something to do. Also found that heroic leaping out and intercepting back in after 12 seconds gave me a nice chunk of rage when I was dry. Having the 2pc PvP bonus also helped as well when coupled with heroic leap/intercept as it crits most of the time (50% inc chance for bloodlust to crit with 2pc) + an easy IL jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    I was slightly starved to begin with (I hit lvl 100 a week ago), sudden death procs were a god send as it game me something to do. Also found that heroic leaping out and intercepting back in after 12 seconds gave me a nice chunk of rage when I was dry. Having the 2pc PvP bonus also helped as well when coupled with heroic leap/intercept as it crits most of the time (50% inc chance for bloodlust to crit with 2pc) + an easy IL jump.
    Do note that you will not gain rage, if you charge a target you already have charged(You need to charge another target before charging that target again, for it to work)

Deleted
    Hi,

I was having a few issues with my DPS at points in the past, I've noticed a sizeable difference since I started to track my enrage's more. If you want something to hit every GCD then UQT is definitely the best way to spec (it feels like playing god of war mashing so much BT to get procs), SD is currently the slowest pace however when you do hit, you tend to hit for a lot more. Currently of the three talents Furious Strikes seems to have the most fluent playstyle although SD does currently pull ahead until they nerf execute again.

In honesty, if you're not bothered about high end raiding (Heroic/Mythic) then UQT is probably the best way to go for outright speed, or if you're really really insane, go with UQT as Gladiator warrior and gogo 90APM (the fastest paced spec in game currently afaik).

You should really be conservative with your rage until you hit Enraged and then use as much as possible as fast as possible to get full benefit if you're playing fury. The stickied guide is a very very good and thorough place to look.