Deleted

combat >sub for ST??? (help)

Hi guys, i just wondering how much do you trust in simcraft? i have some weird results from today.
    As i finaly get 4th token (680ilvl legs,shouldrs,chest and 665 hands) i start sim my gear for both spec.

There is what i get: for sub is best for me just keep 1st set bonus and replace hands and chest with better non tier gear (680ilvl Cannonball Loader's Grips with gem + 695ilvl Vest of Forceful Fury), than keep both set bonus... its 1k dps differents and showe 37866dps (i have 671 dagger with gem)

when in combat is second set bonus huge dps increase and showe 38403dps for ST.. (both 680ilvl weapons)

so im asking why second set bonus for sub sucks so hard? and why Combat is ahead for ST for me? Should i than play combat on ST bosses?

you can find me as Youmakeme Drakthul EU

thanks for any help.

Yeah, going from 2pc to 4pc is markedly more significant for combat than subt. Not helping is that some of the tier gear is not well-optimized. In your case, going down 15 ilvls + socket on the gloves is likely what is causing you issues, try it with helm instead (I know you don't have yet). In the end, it's all about the numbers, tier is not ALWAYS better (although BiS is 4pc + Blackhand Legs for subt/combat cleave).

By the way, are you simulating combat ST or combat cleave? If you are simulating combat ST, are you gemmed / enchanted for haste? Swap out for multistrike, re-run Subt sims to compare vs the combat haste (with appropriate gear), and then run sims to optimize your combat cleave setup (with the multistrike gear, use 3 targets maidens fight as benchmark etc).
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-03-05 at 06:21 AM.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Deleted
    If you check armory you can see that i use multistike ench, and yes i was simulating in st fight, if i switch ench to haste i will go ahead lot more on st with combat, really weird.
    i just dont believe that combat van beat sub even with my gear on st.