Thread: BIS vs 2 set pc

BIS vs 2 set pc

Just as the title states i got tier shoulders and BIS mastery / mult shoulders from Blackhand. So i uploaded my stat weights to ask mr robot and it puts the tier shoulders 100 score under the bis shoulders. Should i keep the tier or go for bis piece

Edit: Because im not sure that the bonus is better that bis stats.( both pieces are 680 ilvl)
    Last edited by Morween; 2015-03-05 at 06:11 AM.

I'd go for set bonus, but don't toss the blackhand shoulders away as they are still BIS and if you get other tier tokens for 2p and 4p you def want to keep it for later.

The blackhand shoulders are BIS for mastery gearing, not for MS. Weather or not you gear mastery is a bigger question though.

The two set adds a lot of utility outside of just 'here's a rune it provides X amount of dps'. I really like the two set for say spreading to short lived adds without worrying about messing up your rune flow.

Maxweii, prett y sure you arent talking about the 2 set.... Not sure how it would affect spreading (also spreading what?)

Spreading dots via BB ?
    It affects it because it essentially gives you a rune outside of your normal rune rotation to use to spread dots to adds without messing up your normal rotation. Or it can be gamed to get an Unholy rune as Death

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Spreading dots via BB ?
    It affects it because it essentially gives you a rune outside of your normal rune rotation to use to spread dots to adds without messing up your normal rotation. Or it can be gamed to get an Unholy rune as Death
    Isn't that the 4p bonus? Did I miss something?

Personally, I'm aiming for 2p only. I am not sure if that rune once every 40s is really worth the loss in cool stats. I could sim it, but I really am just waiting for someone to do it for me.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Its the 4pc. That was what I was implying.

Cool stats never make up 2% of your dmg, tier pieces can be wf and can also have a socket. In SoO and ToT we could go with 2set only because we could use better itemized pieces with higher ilvl, equal ilvl would've never done the deal.
    The only tierpiece which is atrociously itemized are the gloves. Every other piece is atleast decent. There are no glvoes with MS, so what you're looking at is one better stat for 2 pieces, even if you jump from vers to mastery/MS is doesn't even come close to the gain from the 4 piece.

You can only temporarily replace the 4set if you get wf/socket pieces which are better itemized bfore you get equal t versions, but for a BiS matter you'll keep the 4set for sure.
    That aside I actually like its supportive nature, its a good gapcloser, neat for additionak death runes in general and ~2% dmg gain is also solid enough to use, extra stats are not that attractive compared to more flexibility even when it would be equally strong, atleast from my point of view.

edit:
    @topic
    like mentioned above, a single better itemized item can never beat a setbonus. The 2set is worth a bit more than 2,5%, clearly more than 100 dps for your situation.
    Last edited by Raikh; 2015-03-06 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Isn't that the 4p bonus? Did I miss something?

Personally, I'm aiming for 2p only. I am not sure if that rune once every 40s is really worth the loss in cool stats. I could sim it, but I really am just waiting for someone to do it for me.
    Hmmmm.
    Too many bonuses haha, I got confused on it.

Then to reanswer, the 2 piece might be worth it on fight where there's adds as you will significantly increase DT uptime. On pure single it's likely not worth it over the offset though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    The blackhand shoulders are BIS for mastery gearing, not for MS. Weather or not you gear mastery is a bigger question though.

The two set adds a lot of utility outside of just 'here's a rune it provides X amount of dps'. I really like the two set for say spreading to short lived adds without worrying about messing up your rune flow.
    I was under the impression that the Tier shoulders were better for going pure Mastery since they have Mastery/Haste and it allows you to use the Hans & Franz Gloves which have Crit/Mastery on. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikh View Post
    edit:
    @topic
    like mentioned above, a single better itemized item can never beat a setbonus. The 2set is worth a bit more than 2,5%, clearly more than 100 dps for your situation.
    I think we were talking about the 4p bonus that gives you an extra rune per DT. At least I got the impression that that was what Max was talking about. And one rune every 40s ain't so great, IMO. Sure, it'll help an extra BB... but I don't have problems with my BBs. So it's really just one extra rune per 40s that I'll spend on an SS or whatever.

As I said, I'm hoping for someone to sim the scenario, because I suck at it. I'm pretty sure, though, that you can't just outright dismiss offsets offhandedly when you compare them to the lackluster 4p bonus.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The 4set is still worth ~2% dps, even if it is just " a rune every 40sec" and from my understanding of the thread title the question was initially about the 2 piece, which is worth like ~2,75% or so, depending on the encounter a bit more or less.

But regardless about which bonus you talk, none of them is worth dropping for purely better itemization. It would need to be less than 1% to make it worth a thought. Our tierboni are far from great but still BiS for any case, as the bonus atleast applies to any case and is constantly worth it.

@Dreadwraith
    You're correct, overdriven spaulders are MS oriented BiS and gauntlets of dramatic blows are mastery oriented BiS.

4 set is only a ~2% dps increase on ST. I don't know how much it is for cleave/aoe but obviously alot less.