(Subt) Target swap: hemo before rupture?

Is a gcd worth 25% of a rupture tick?

If you can't instantly 5 CP rupture the target and you are playing with the Hemo glyph, then you want to hemo to get SV, so you can get more damage on your backstabs to build up enough CP for rupture.

Usually the swap target will have CT on them as well.

No, generally the best course of action is to hold off on switching until you have 5cp. For instance, Flamebender wolves, I wait until I have 5cp banked, then shadowstep > rupture. On fights like Furnace and Thogar, just use CT.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    No, generally the best course of action is to hold off on switching until you have 5cp. For instance, Flamebender wolves, I wait until I have 5cp banked, then shadowstep > rupture. On fights like Furnace and Thogar, just use CT.
    This is not generally the best course of action. If you're to swap to a target where you do not have CT; that means the target has just become attackable. Most likely you switch because the target has a priority to die, thus you want to maximize your damage on that target; you won't do that by waiting to switch.

If the goal i meter whoring though, then that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosvall View Post
    This is not generally the best course of action. If you're to swap to a target where you do not have CT; that means the target has just become attackable. Most likely you switch because the target has a priority to die, thus you want to maximize your damage on that target; you won't do that by waiting to switch.

If the goal i meter whoring though, then that works.
    You are categorically correct, however for just about every instance of playing Subt in multiple target fights, what I outlined holds true. Flamebender as an example - the wolves don't need to die as fast as possible, they need to die at the same time, minimizing backstabs to a non-ruptured target is the best option. Same goes for non-fortified aberrations on Imp (dance on fortified etc). For elementalists on Furnace, you can pre-DoT them, operators will get CT'd...hemo remains a wasted action on all.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Well technically you need to kill them before Firestorm so killing them as fast as possible can help depending on your raid.

Deleted
    If the add have prio and needs to die within lets say about 10-15 seconds just hemo the thing. (as sub rogues we do pretty badly compared to other classes on adds like these unless we have dance or vanish)

But it if will be up for a while go ahead and rupture it. Plan ahead and bank into Anticipation for rupture if you need to. Remember to maintain rupture on your main target too as you swap off it.