Calling all MW monks. Calling all MW monks!!

I need help. Last night at 8:45 pm I dinged 100. 2 hours later I found myself in H BRF. Here I am sitting at 657 ready to raid. Barely have my enchants, bunch of crap 665 through 680 bought gear. And it was awful. I was going OoM minutes into fights and having to hinder my spell casts because all of a sudden I had no mana control. Everything seemed to be so overwhelming. I was fist weaving to build mana tea. Couldn't do that correctly. I was going OoM fist weaving. I'm not even sure that's a thing. But I managed to do it. The only glimmer of hope I had was on hanz and franz where I didn't come in last I game in 4th. I pride myself for knowing a lot about this game and knowing how to play a lot of classes. I felt helpless last night. I mean granted I was thrown to the wolves basically in doing heroic BRF. didn't know what talents where better on fights. My judgements where so bad. And my UI which I think was honestly the biggest issue is what pissed me off the most. Things just seemed everywhere just got super overwhelmed. Any tips and tricks on how to maybe play better. A guide or something that shows the prefered talent set up. Anything that would be useful and helpful would be appreciated. The UI issue I know what I need to do in order to change it and have success. But the healing part of it. I need some help. Thanks guys

If you want real help, start using warcraft logs and post them here along with your armory

Have you considered reading a guide on MW that is here on the MMO forums even? I'm sure that would answer a lot of questions.

Lower the base spirit, lower the mana back from Mana Tea. Get more spirit, get more mana, get more healing.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rammas/simple

- - - Updated - - -

had to get 10 posts before I could link. But also my raid lead forgot to log the fight but I'll run it when I get into a run tonight and post them.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vE-Healing-6-0
    This guide is amazing and I highly suggest you to read it it was really useful for me when I swapped from Brewmaster to Mistweaver.

Deleted
    What I see:

- Starts new class/spec
    - Dings 100
    - Buys 12 BoE's
    - Skips nearly every part of a normal endgame process: HC dungeons, normal HM/BRF
    - Sucks at the upcoming raid because what do you know... Gear doesn't seem to equal skill
    - Skips nearly every part of this forum to make a new thread for info

Seriously, there is plenty of info about what you are asking on this forum already. Less lazyness, more practice.
    You'll get there with the right attitude on how to become better. Do some research

You didnt have to see it lmao i openly said that. clown. And my biggest issue which i wanted opinions on was how to better manage mana. Read things before you give your pitty replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    You didnt have to see it lmao i openly said that. clown. And my biggest issue which i wanted opinions on was how to better manage mana. Read things before you give your pitty replies.
    Spirit gear is the only thing you can use for mana. Every bit of spirit you have contributes to your mana tea regen. basically spirit = master race
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Start fights (where possible) in Crane > Build 5-6 stacks of Mana Tea > Switch to Serpent > Blast your mana like everyone else > Use Mana Tea

Rinse and repeat. Although with items like Everburning Candle not sure how you're going OOM so fast.

A lot of my issues and ill admit i thought i knew the class inside and out, but finally getting my hands on the class ive began to understand how to heal with it. My biggest issues were i wasnt setting up my renewing mists prior to the pulls building my 4 chi so I can go into crane stance build my stacks to around 10 then go into serp. My issue was i was playing my monk like a typical healer. Just worried about healing more so than anything else and i wasnt getting the mana tea stacks that i should have. I was blowing through mana and not using spells correctly. But with alot more research and honestly playing the class in raids more ive gotten a pretty good handle on everything.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea of moving directly to the second hardest difficulty for raiding that exists within game with no clue how to play your class.

Part of your problem is you have way too much haste on your gear (especially for you ilevel and spirit amount), not nearly enough static spirit, and you're using Chi Brew when really you should be stacking as much static spirit as you can and going ascension. Speccing into higher throughput talents does you no good when you don't have the gear or the skill level to use them properly.

Also, I agree with everyone here. You're calling other people clowns, but the only clown I see here is you, skipping literally all the helpful MW advice threads, including THE best MW theorycrafting thread you can find, which is easily accessible at the top of these forums...as well as buying your way into a higher ilevel just to hit a brick wall because you found out the hard way that MW is the hardest healing class to master.

If I have to give you quick advice because you refuse to seek out the pre-existing advice threads, here's as simple as it gets: Any slot that can yield you static (NOT PROCCED) spirit, take it. Yes, even if it's an ilevel drop from your purchased BoEs. Candle is okay to keep, but once you can get your hands on the Blast Furnace and Blackhand spirit trinkets, take those. Ditch as much mastery as you can. Avoid it like the plague. Having 0 mastery on your gear is the best case scenario. Yes, it is THAT bad. Multistrike is your top stat after Intellect and Spirit, so get it on absolutely all the pieces you can. Crit is a very close second to Multistrike, and will further help your mana regen by getting you more stacks of mana tea. Past that, Haste and Versatility are fine if they appear on a piece of gear here or there, but don't actively seek them out. In a perfect MW World, you would have nothing but Intellect, Spirit, Multistrike and Crit on all 15 to 16 pieces of your gear.

And for goodness sake...seek out a guide next time. It would have even taken you less clicks to get there than it would have to make a new thread.

Deleted
    as u start with class i dont recommend to use crane stance untill u master serpent.

build chi with expel / renewing, spend with uplift, dont spam spinning/jade and surging mists and will be fine

in crane build with jab spend with rising sun / chi expl at 4chi and use free surging mists

monks are completelly different than rest healing classes. get over it
    Last edited by mmoc45da128a04; 2015-03-16 at 12:08 PM.