Poll: What's the maximum you'd buy/minimum you'd sell tokens for

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This reminds me Diablo 3 AH.
    Good time.

The seller will sell more than one.
    A BoE weapon costs 100k+. That is 4 tokens.
    A ring, another 3 tokens.

To some people, 100 dollars a month is nothing.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2015-03-06 at 01:14 AM.

So, I just want to say I'm one of those people who would pay twice the amount in real dollars for gold if I know that it's safe and legit.

My account has every WoW, Diablo 3, and SC 2 collector's edition tied to it. The original WoW CE is about 3,000-5,000 US dollars on ebay, so my account is almost irreplaceable. The risk of buying gold against the ToS and getting my account shut down are tremendous vs the reward. However, I could see people with easily replaceable Battle.net accounts risking gold-sellers to save a few dollars, but there are some of us who simply can't take that risk. Still I could imagine there's a lot of people who would be willing to pay more to go through Blizzard than to risk a gold-seller. I don't think Blizzard will need to undercut a gold-seller to be competitive.

With that being said, I would be happy to get 15k gold for every 15 dollars I spend. I would always be happier if I could get more gold per dollar, and I think 10,000 gold per 15 dollars would be the lowest I would sell for. I would probably sell a token(s) when there's a mount or pet I want, or a raiding guild is selling a carry that rewards a mount/pet/title. As a casual I have no need for raiding gear if all I'm going to do is run 5 mans.

(note) I hope lots of people want to buy tokens, and the price does go beyond 15k. It'll ultimately be a supply/demand thing. Blizzard can claim to control the price, but that won't mean jack-s#!t if the balance is broken. Sure if they set the price for 10k lots of people will want tokens, but there's not nearly the amount of people willing to shell out 15 dollars for 10k. If the price is too low then there might be weeks with zero stock, and zero stock isn't good for anyone!

You really don't need polls or opinions on this. What is the cost for illegal gold on third party websites? That's what's it's going to be. In the ballpark of.

It has to be around 15k or it won't be worth buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    I

At current prices 800k is worth about $533.
    You mean on gold selling sites?

Quote Originally Posted by wildeabandon View Post
    Blizz aren't going to be controlling the price arbitrarily though, they're just going to be evening out short term fluctuations; the long term price will be set by the market, so numbers of people willing to buy and/or sell at various prices will be relevant.
    But you don't list it for a set price, you list it at the "market rate" determined by Blizzard. They may see 500 people selling and 700 people buying on your server that day - but what price does that assign to it? Up to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You really don't need polls or opinions on this. What is the cost for illegal gold on third party websites? That's what's it's going to be. In the ballpark of.
    Not necessarily. They don't need to compete with gold sellers directly. A legal service has a huge advantage over an illegal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I can't believe you literally posted that right after my post where I said I would pay twice as much for gold if I knew it was from a legit source. I even bolded and underlined the word twice so it was easier to see. Oh well. What a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But you don't list it for a set price, you list it at the "market rate" determined by Blizzard. They may see 500 people selling and 700 people buying on your server that day - but what price does that assign to it? Up to them.
    Well sure, but they won't set the prices on a whim, they'll have an algorithm that will adjust prices so that the tokens sell at a steady rate so there are always tokens available to buy, but that no-one has to wait more than a couple of days for them to sell. (there's a small chance that the market will turn out to be so illiquid and price insensitive that this isn't possible but it seems unlikely.

When it first comes out: 40-45k

1 month after launch: 25k

6 months from now: 30-35k

And steadily increasing from there

~30k I'd guess if players were allowed to price them. Since Blizzard is the one actually controlling the price though it might be a bit lower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hatchet View Post
    I can't believe you literally posted that right after my post where I said I would pay twice as much for gold if I knew it was from a legit source. I even bolded and underlined the word twice so it was easier to see. Oh well. What a joke.
    Not just that, but there are old stick in the muds like me who won't buy gold at any price if it means breaking the rules, but will do so in a second when we can do it legitimately. I don't know how many of us there are, but it seems a bit unlikely that I'm the only one.

15-20k would be the most I'd ever spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Not necessarily. They don't need to compete with gold sellers directly. A legal service has a huge advantage over an illegal one.
    Yes. Necessarily. If common sense doesn't tell you that the prices will be competitive with 3rd party sites then:

“We’re going to look at some things like the current going rate of gold on third-party market sites,” Hazzikostas said — the very sites Blizzard has fought for a decade to shut down. “Clearly that’s an indicator of what demand levels exist.”
    http://venturebeat.com/2015/03/02/wo...ds-cash-cow/2/

People who think otherwise, have very little economic knowledge. Or human behavior for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems very unreasonable to be less than 30k. I earn 20k a week from nothing but garrison crap, and I don't even pretend to do it efficiently.

If many people are saturated with gold, the price will skyrocket in my opinion. I'd be surprised to see it stabilise for less than 60k.

I reckon they'll be introduced at ~50k then slowly over the next 6 months drop and settle at around 20-25k. It's just a question of how much gold would $15 buy you? There will always be people with a ton of gold who would spend just about anything on them just because they can, but realistically $15 is only worth probably 20k. I'll probably not buy them at all because $15 is a hell of a lot easier to make than 20k.

It is tempting for Blizzard to start with 50k gold.
    The good news is that it will kill gold farmers.

However, we will see huge inflation in AH.
    People who don't buy/sell tokens get hurt, complain and quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably just sell a couple per month to fund my alts, whatever it ends up coming out to after supply and demand come into play.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    IIRC my napkin math said that the current illegal conversion would put a normal 1 month subscription at around 30k. Which I would be willing to pay. Any more than that, rather no.

I fear this will have a very shitty impact on the auction house though. With either rampant speculation, or no one willing to buy anything anymore.

You can buy month subs from gold sellers for 15kish on most servers so if its considerably more than that it will be a problem. Either people won't buy them from people, or people won't buy the tokens in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is tempting for Blizzard to start with 50k gold.
    The good news is that it will kill gold farmers.

However, we will see huge inflation in AH.
    People who don't buy/sell tokens get hurt, complain and quit.
    Gold farmers just need to undercut, which they will.

I also don't see how this will hurt the AH too much. It will shift wealth around so some things will sell better, sure, but since prices are fixed by blizzard, its not going to have too much of an effect on the ingame economy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Talk in garrison general on my server is that gold usually sells for $15 USD per 15k gold, and I've seen people advertising game time for 15-17k. I wouldn't expect it to be much more than that.
    I love your avatar layout/picture katarina is well in my opinion the sexiest character on league <.<

Based on what I've seen about the cost of gold from the illegal goldsellers, I imagine the price Blizz goes for will be around 30k (maybe slightly higher or lower). Slightly higher than the goldsellers, but with less risk (perceived or otherwise).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.