Crusader Strike Does not generate holypower

Hello fellow MMO-C community. Today i got a conformation of a GM that our Crusader strike is infact bugged and does not always generate Holypower
    This has been going on for a couple of months

I am wondering if anyone else here is experiencing the same issue?

And why din't we get a fix for it in 6.1?

Deleted
    Who for? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Thete View Post
    Who for? /10char
    Could you clarify yourself abit more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tandenstoker View Post
    Could you clarify yourself abit more?
    All three specs have access to crusader strike, but all three generate holy power in different ways - so which spec are you talking about?

Yeah as others have asked, for which spec? I've not had any issues with retribution not granting holy power from what I've experienced so far.

Retribution. I am not sure if any other Specs have been experiecing it aswell this is why i asked it in the topic

Don't want to come off as an ass but I have to ask. Have you been using CS from the front of a boss where there is a small parry chance? I've never noticed this occurring as prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackalackin View Post
    Don't want to come off as an ass but I have to ask. Have you been using CS from the front of a boss where there is a small parry chance? I've never noticed this occurring as prot.
    You don't come off as an ass at all. and it is a legit question
    but i am afraid that this is not the issue

To clarify this happens about maybe once every 25-75 crusader strikes i use and it has been happening for a couple of months
    I finaly made a GM ticket about it this morning and the GM conformed that it was a known issue but it needed more reports ( aka to be more severe ) for blizzard to be able to fix it

Deleted
    are you sure it happens? need log confirmation first

I haven't observed this as prot either. But that doesn't rule out some sort of weird bug (e.g. tied to a certain spec or talent or even glyph). But first we need solid evidence of it happening in the form of a combat log, along with all the relevant parameters (talents, glyphs, gear, etc.). If you can provide that, it will be much easier to get it fixed quickly.

Only time I've noticed it as Ret, was when the ability got parried because I was running around and got in front of the mob.

I am pretty sure I saw it as Prot many months ago, but haven't seen it in a long time. Not sure if it was some strange talent or glyph combo I'm not using anymore, whether it was quickly ninja-patched, or whether I was just drinking too much

I went through my entire raid log from last night, and it was every boss except blackhand, and could not find a single occurrence that this is happened. Every crusader strike I casted, and did not get parried, gave me holy power.

I'd be interested in seeing a log from the OP, or even a screenshot of the GM confirmation. Until then I just have never experienced such a thing.

Iron maidens is a prime example for me:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=36&spell=109

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=2&fight=36

The first link shows how many crusader strikes gave me holy power, second link shows how many times I used it throughout the fight. Pretty much the same case for every fight last night, and that's a lot of crusader strikes over the entire night. Not saying the OP is wrong or anything, but it's a bug I clearly haven't experienced, and would like to know more and see logs of such an occurrence for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    I went through my entire raid log from last night, and it was every boss except blackhand, and could not find a single occurrence that this is happened. Every crusader strike I casted, and did not get parried, gave me holy power.

I'd be interested in seeing a log from the OP, or even a screenshot of the GM confirmation. Until then I just have never experienced such a thing.

Iron maidens is a prime example for me:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...t=36&spell=109

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rce=2&fight=36

The first link shows how many crusader strikes gave me holy power, second link shows how many times I used it throughout the fight. Pretty much the same case for every fight last night, and that's a lot of crusader strikes over the entire night. Not saying the OP is wrong or anything, but it's a bug I clearly haven't experienced, and would like to know more and see logs of such an occurrence for sure.

A quick check of my logs shows the same for both Ret and Prot - CS generating holy power as it should, only didn't when CS 'missed' for any reason (and only as Ret).

I still do recall it not working correctly as Prot months ago though. I even made a comment to another guildie at the time. But sadly I don't have any logs of it. In any case, it works just fine for me now.

Deleted
    Sorry, but I would think the evidence is that you are very much confused, OP.

Crusader Strike always generates Holy Power when it hits and never when it does not. There is no bug with Crusader Struke as far as I can tell and your GM confirmation is not enough for me to believe that I am wrong, as GMs are known to confirm stupid bullshit such as loot mission stages only updating every Wednesday. I have never, certainly not since WoD, noticed any instances of CS not generating Holy Power unless it had been parried or dodged, or it missed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have experienced something similar, usually when playing prot. Sometimes my abilities don't generate HP (CS/Avengers etc.) I just put it down to parries by the boss etc since it rarely (never?) happens in ret. Can be frustrating sometimes if you've planned your rotation to use a SotR right at that moment but otherwise doesn't seem tp be game breaking for me.

I have noticed this but always thought I got parried for some reason, even tho I wasn't in front of the boss. I'll keep my eyes open and if I notice it again I'll get some logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishna View Post
    I have experienced something similar, usually when playing prot. Sometimes my abilities don't generate HP (CS/Avengers etc.) I just put it down to parries by the boss etc since it rarely (never?) happens in ret.
    Tanks can't get parried since patch 6.0, not even by raid bosses. The only exception is while leveling, if you fight a mob that is 4+ levels higher than you.

Logs and/or video or it didn't happen.