Deleted

Looking for BRF tips and tricks [Holy]

Hello there!

I have been looking around for a tips/tricks guide or list for holy paladins in BrF (Like what abilities can be BoP'd, or other useful little things on a fight by fight basis), however I have not really managed to find much. So I was hoping that perhaps some of you could shed some light on the situation if you have happened to find such guides! Or perhaps share what you have learnt if you have the time to type it up!

A good example of this is "Sugge's [Mage] Guide to Blackrock Foundry [Heroic/Mythic]", which can be found on altered-time.com. But obviously that is for mages and not paladins!

Thank you in advance for any and all help!

As a Prot paladin I can give you the BoP list :

Gruul : can BoP the soaking tank for him to take no damage (well only the fire damage so barely any if it's spread properly across a group). BE AWARE you obviously need to warn him first, and do it before he taunts Gruul or else he'll lose aggro if the 3sec debuff from the taunt has faded.

Oregorger : you can BoP the acid torrent's soaker. Making him take 0 damage and you raid take the absolute minimum (since the soaker took none)

Hans'gar & Franzok : probably can BoP the tank being grabbed, probably not a good idea.

Kromogg : BoP people who failed to took a hand/got knock-up because they killed their hand too soon.

Darmac : BoP on people with too many DoTs stacks to get rid off them, BoP people who took a spear to makes them take 0 dmg while the raid is killing the spear (they shouldn't take a spear in the first place tbh).

Iron Maidens : BoP on the Penetrating shot if it's not a mage/hunter who can cancel it. Generally keep BoPs for when <20% or ship phase.

Blackhand : BoP on Fixates on demand from the people who have the debuff (depends on whether the demolisher is alive or not, if they have a personnal cooldown or not, ...). Be aware it just takes away the initial damage, the knockback and the dot for the duration of the BoP, the debuff is still there and damaging after it's gone.

Since I'm not playing Holy I can't really say for healing tips. Other than this it's mostly communicating with other healers and your tanks for raid-Cd or externals I'd say.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    As a Prot paladin I can give you the BoP list :

Gruul : can BoP the soaking tank for him to take no damage (well only the fire damage so barely any if it's spread properly across a group). BE AWARE you obviously need to warn him first, and do it before he taunts Gruul or else he'll lose aggro if the 3sec debuff from the taunt has faded.

Oregorger : you can BoP the acid torrent's soaker. Making him take 0 damage and you raid take the absolute minimum (since the soaker took none)

Hans'gar & Franzok : probably can BoP the tank being grabbed, probably not a good idea.

Kromogg : BoP people who failed to took a hand/got knock-up because they killed their hand too soon.

Darmac : BoP on people with too many DoTs stacks to get rid off them, BoP people who took a spear to makes them take 0 dmg while the raid is killing the spear (they shouldn't take a spear in the first place tbh).

Iron Maidens : BoP on the Penetrating shot if it's not a mage/hunter who can cancel it. Generally keep BoPs for when <20% or ship phase.

Blackhand : BoP on Fixates on demand from the people who have the debuff (depends on whether the demolisher is alive or not, if they have a personnal cooldown or not, ...). Be aware it just takes away the initial damage, the knockback and the dot for the duration of the BoP, the debuff is still there and damaging after it's gone.

Since I'm not playing Holy I can't really say for healing tips. Other than this it's mostly communicating with other healers and your tanks for raid-Cd or externals I'd say.
    I'm going to go ahead and add to this post since I do play Holy.

Gruul: Save wings for when you don't have to deal with destructive rampage. Make good use of Holy Prism. Use Holy Radiance IF you have wings up and are preemptively able to start casting on the group taking the inferno slices before it happens. Try to keep HR to a minimum if you find yourself falling behind in mana.

Oregorger: This is probably the only fight in here with the exception of two others that you will take SW talent WITHOUT the wings glyph. Mana shouldn't be an issue for you in this fight. Just go absolute apeshit with HR during phase one and regen during roll phases.

Hans/Franz: Likely going to be a lot of direct tank healing in this fight since there isn't an overwhelming amount of raid damage. Try to hold onto your Hand of Sac's for when the tanks call for them due to the Suplex ability. You likely won't have mana issues on this fight either, so using Flash liberally shouldn't hurt you.

Kromog: Probably one of if not the most hectic healing fights in this raid. I try to keep healing the tanks directly to a minimum and let the beacons do the work. Lots and lots of Holy lights here, try to keep Flash to a minimum because it's likely that mana will eventually become an issue if you make even small mistakes. Occasional HR on the melee group.

Darmac: Lots and lots and lots of Holy light. Let the beacons do the work here. There will be occasional times where the tanks are getting hit pretty hard, make sure you pay attention to this.

Maidens: IMO easiest fight for us pallies in this raid aside from Gruul. It's likely that you won't be going over to jump ship on this fight as a pally. When one of the tanks takes off for the other ship, be sure to switch the beacon you had on him to either yourself or another person who is susceptible to getting hit by mines. Once he comes back, put the beacon back on him. If your ranged stacks, HR is good. Going into phase 2 you should have around 70-85% mana. This is the time to throw down everything you have, making full use of wings/devo/divine protection/divine shield. Things are very chaotic until Marak dies.

Blackhand:
    Phase 1: If you don't have pre assigned tasks for your BoP's, keep them on yourself during the two demolitions you'll be getting, this will make it so you only have to move an extremely small amount and they will both be off cooldown for Phase 3 when you'll surely need them again. HR is very effective in this phase with wings up. You should be using wings ATLEAST ONCE A PHASE in this fight, imo.
    Phase 2: Lots and Lots of Holy light. Be sure your beacons are on both tanks unless either; A: One of them is in the stands or B: Someone is taking heavy DoT damage from impale. This may also be a phase where your raid will want you to BoP the people soaking the impales to reduce the incoming damage.
    Phase 3: You should go into this phase with quite a bit of mana. Once everyone gets situated and the impales and bombs start coming out, HR is going to be your best friend with everyone stacked up. This is a perfect time for wings and a lot of raid healing.

Hope this helps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Devotion Aura

Coordinate the right moments to use your Devotion Aura with your other healers. It can be a very strong ability to cast before a raid-wide silence (Twin Ogron in HM), or as a raid-wide defensive cooldown when heavy AOE magic damage is incoming. This can save other healers from 'wasting' their cooldowns when you used yours, or allow healers to continue healing when they know the upcoming silence won't affect them.

Gruul: During one of the incoming flame slashes.

Oregorger: During one of the last Earthshaking Collisions of the rolling phase, since it deals more damage every roll he does.

Hans/Franz: Could use it preemptively to cancel out a silence. Not much magic damage here. Apparently doesn't work. Maybe a bug?

Kromog: During a Grasping Earth phase. The tantrum he throws is physical, but the damage the Hands do is nature. During Stone Breath.

A little something we do is have 1 tank (warrior or druid usually) stay out of the Grasping Earth runes. When the tantrum is about to hit, we HoP the tank so he stays in melee range. When the tantrum is finished, the HoP runs out and the tank doesn't need to be freed from the runes before he can continue tanking.

Flamebender: During Firestorm.

Darmac: During either Dreadwing's Inferno Breath when you see raidmembers are getting caught in the flames, or during the last phase when Darmac uses either Tantrum (preferred) or Superheated Shrapnel.

The same of course goes for your personal cooldowns. You can use HoP, DP and DS defensively to reduce the damage you take from environmental abilities, so you do not have to move to a safe location, and thus can continue to heal. In addition to using Devotion Aura during the abilities I specified above, you can also further reduce your damage taken by using Divine Protection during one of those abilities.
    Last edited by Reica; 2015-03-06 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reica View Post
    Hans/Franz: Could use it preemptively to cancel out a silence. Not much magic damage here.
    Does this work for you? I tried it this wednesday the first time but it didn't prevent the silence.

Kromog: During a Grasping Earth phase. The tantrum he throws is physical, but the damage the Hands do is nature.
    I'd save it for the first breath after the grasping earth phase. Breath does more damage.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Does this work for you? I tried it this wednesday the first time but it didn't prevent the silence.
    I've not actually had a need to use it on Hans/Franz. We're not onto Mythic yet and Normal/Heroic is a joke anyway. I can't say for sure it does, but it does work for the Twin Ogron which is basically the same scenario.

I'd save it for the first breath after the grasping earth phase. Breath does more damage.
    I was under the impression that the Breath was physical o.O guess not! You learn something every day . Editing my post to reflect using it during Breath, as it indeed does a lot of damage.

Deleted
    You can bubble, run under a train and take a selfie.

why everybody say "bop" ? isnt it named hand of protection since many years instead of blessing of protection ? been curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reica View Post
    I've not actually had a need to use it on Hans/Franz. We're not onto Mythic yet and Normal/Heroic is a joke anyway. I can't say for sure it does, but it does work for the Twin Ogron which is basically the same scenario.
    I know that it works for Twin Orgron. I've used it there myself. But as you can see here, it doesn't work for Hans and Franz: Warcraft Logs Query

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    why everybody say "bop" ? isnt it named hand of protection since many years instead of blessing of protection ? been curious about that.
    I guess old habits die hard I call it both, depends on the day

7+ Year Old Account
    I know that it works for Twin Orgron. I've used it there myself. But as you can see here, it doesn't work for Hans and Franz: Warcraft Logs Query
    Interesting! Might be worth reporting it as a bug, honestly. Will test it out myself when I do the fight again to see the results.

Deleted
    Aura at Hans&Franz isn't working! You get interupted with aura! Failed the complete raid

Deleted
    I prefer using it for quake since it deals raid-wide nature damage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortiah View Post
    Add priest to this list. Spectral Guise drops it, but it's a talent that doesn't get much use in PvE, so your priests might not be aware.