Deleted

Shards of nothing vs emblem of caustic healing

Hi
    I'm a new holy priest, right now i have 3 trinkets in my bags: chew toy and the two on use haste ones, all of them are heroic... i was wondering if i should use shards (263 int) or emblem (346 spirit).

Thanks <3

Fairly simple : if you have mana issues go for emblem , if you dont have mana issues go for shards .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataie View Post
    Fairly simple : if you have mana issues go for emblem , if you dont have mana issues go for shards .
    Actually for holy it's not entirely that simple.

Consider that a large portion of your healing comes from high efficiency spells with CDs and the remainder comes from spammable low efficiency spells.
    Then consider that you can maintain casting your efficient spells for a substantial amount of time with 0 spirit from gear.
    This would mean that adding spirit only lets you cast more inefficient 'fillers' and intellect increases the amount healed by all spells.
    You're then comparing bigger efficient spells vs more fillers. To take it a little less theoretical and bit more practical it might also be worth noting that the efficient spells (CoH / PoM / lvl90 talents) generally have much lower overhealing% than fillers (renew).

Essentially would adding x int increase your efficient spells by more than x spirit would increase healing from more filler casts?

I tried making a spreadsheet to model the max potential healing 'rotation' (with 0 overhealing), https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Lh0/edit#gid=0

input stats in the first tab orange boxes, then see how the results change for various talents from the relevent tabs.
    It's very much a work in progress Specifically regarding CoH and haste, it's not really offering any variable CoH CD from haste, also has no modelling for specific overhealing 'yet'.

In any case play around with it since it should let you compare the int vs spirit from those 2 trinkets and see how those stats change your hps / healing per mana / sustainability etc. Even if it is entirely theoretical, hopefully it might be a useful tool

Deleted
    Thank you so much ^^