Greatest Hunter Macro Ever?

#showtooltip Disengage
    /cast Disengage
    /use Darkmoon Ring-Flinger
    /cancelaura fling rings

Note that you can't reverse the order because the stun caused by the toy prevents the disengage. I still need to test that the stun mid-air doesn't cause any issues (or causes the disengage to be shorter, etc), but so far it seems to work fine.

(Added cancelaura line)
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2015-03-10 at 01:43 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

if you can do it without getting stunned,
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    if you can do it without getting stunned,
    Initial testing stunned me while in midair of the disengage. But like I said, I didn't test it thoroughly so I don't know what effect it may have on Hunter parkour.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I have no idea what the ringer is but being stunned while travelling is still a dps loss and still prevents use of goblin glider

Quote Originally Posted by Zaity View Post
    I have no idea what the ringer is but being stunned while travelling is still a dps loss and still prevents use of goblin glider
    Gliders can't be used in combat anyway,
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Seems the stun effect can still be a dps loss. It will basically cause you to lose a global during your disengage unfortunately.

Use an un-macro'ed disengage and a kill command at the same time. Then attempt to use your macro'ed disengage with Kill Command at the same time.

When you use un-macro'ed disengage with KC at the same time, the KC goes off immediately. When the ring toy is used with disengage it delays the use of KC until well after you land .

On a brighter note TIL disengage stops your auto attacks.
    Last edited by Ultratron; 2015-03-05 at 10:39 PM.

Sorry, what's the point of this? Is it supposed to be just for fun? That's what I assumed but then people are talking about dps loss...

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Sorry, what's the point of this? Is it supposed to be just for fun? That's what I assumed but then people are talking about dps loss...
    The OP offered the macro and said he hadn't finished testing it out to see if it would cause any issues. The question is basically if you could use this macro to look super cool every time you disengaged and not lose any functionality or dps.

I loved the idea so I helped test it and the results are that it still looks super fucking cool but there are certain "issues" with using it full time.
    Last edited by Ultratron; 2015-03-05 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless something changed from yesterday my gliders work fine in combat

Disengage and use parachute if you want extra distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Unless something changed from yesterday my gliders work fine in combat

Disengage and use parachute if you want extra distance
    They haven't worked in combat this entire expansion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Raid combat, they still work in regular combat afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Maybe if you've never been in combat except for highmaul and BRF

Deleted
    Good points, my bad

There was a great idea posted on Wowhead:

if you add /cancelaura fling rings to the macro, it essentially nullifies the stun. Still testing tho

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    There was a great idea posted on Wowhead:

if you add /cancelaura fling rings to the macro, it essentially nullifies the stun. Still testing tho
    You have to spam the button for this to work, since the /cancelaura line won't happen until the second button press. It works better, but you're still stunned for a fraction of a second. And it seems like 1/10 times it stuns instantly and prevents the disengage from working properly. Probably latency related.

Fun macro for when you're bouncing around the city though.

I haven't had to spam it once I added the /cancelaura, but it may be a ymmv situation.