Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyraan View Post
    Why are you using pulverize in the first place?
    Are you suggesting to not use pulverize? Just to compare, pulveirze is a permanent 15% damage reduction, GoE is 3%~ damage reduction...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Are you suggesting to not use pulverize? Just to compare, pulveirze is a permanent 15% damage reduction, GoE is 3%~ damage reduction...
    You aren't seeing the full picture here. Looking at the two pulverize looks better, but when you actually compare them there is a huge difference. When using GoE on a boss with a 1.5 second swing timer you will take marginally more dtps (by marginally i mean less than 500). You're also looking at about a 7-10% increase in dps with GoE. And your tmi is actually even between pulverize and GoE in this case.

Now, let's look at a boss with a 2.5 second swing timer. Again you see a 7-10% increase in dps using GoE. But here is where it gets fun, with GoE you're actually taking 10% less dtps AND 4% less tmi.

It just seems to me, that since GoE is actually surpassing pulverize in dps and dtps (in some cases) it's the way to go. Have you tried keeping up 3 stacks of lacerate on iron maidens while keeping up pulverize? It's horrible. Running GoE you can do it WAY more easily. I just ran GoE for the first time this week for farm clear and on Heroic Iron Maidens I pulled 37k dps and had no problems with survivability (yes I know heroic is easy but still).

One last thing I forgot to add in: you are losing about 2-5% in hps in both scenarios using GoE

a little thing you forgot to mention is that It’s worth noting that these number are both assuming that the only incoming damage is purely physical. There’s also the assumption that you are actually hitting GoE at points where you will actually dodge both of the 2.5 second melee swings. It’s very obvious that such an assumption requires a swing timer on the part of the player, but as long as you have one that works it’s perfectly valid.

Quote Originally Posted by laanya View Post
    a little thing you forgot to mention is that It’s worth noting that these number are both assuming that the only incoming damage is purely physical. There’s also the assumption that you are actually hitting GoE at points where you will actually dodge both of the 2.5 second melee swings. It’s very obvious that such an assumption requires a swing timer on the part of the player, but as long as you have one that works it’s perfectly valid.
    There's also the assumption that the damage you're concerned about is actually avoidable via SD, which is also not the case in many circumstances. Iron Maidens is probably an encounter where one could get away with GoE since tanks are almost exclusively just dealing with boss melee auto-attacks the entire fight. I personally still use Pulverize since I can deal with keeping it up and maintaining Lacerates... but if I don't need Pulverize I just don't use it and let the rest of my toolkit do the work (still fairly easy to keep upper-30k DPS even using Pulverize). Actually, for most mythic fights I treat Pulverize as a minor CD versus maintained defensive cooldown unless we're hitting a point in the fight where damage starts to get real.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Note that despite using every one of my cooldowns, and every one of the raid's cooldowns, the monk still takes 0 damage on every acid torrent with just guard while I blow up the raid half of the time. And this isn't only Oregorger, there's something like this on just about every fight.
    Just to point out: Oregorger is one of the perfect fights for bristling fur, as this and barkskin are up for every torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Just to point out: Oregorger is one of the perfect fights for bristling fur, as this and barkskin are up for every torrent.
    well you could also just glyph surv instincts and go guardian of elune or pulverize.

Deleted

Here is how you properly mitigate orerger mythic without needing externals.

Also, I've done the first 5 bosses mythic without using pulverize.

I use GoE on Beastlord, Bristling Fur on Oregorger, Bristling Fur on Hans and Frans, Bristling Fur on Flamebender and Bristling Fur on Gruul.

Its simply better for those sorts of fights.

Deleted
    Is there a program you use to generate those tables or did you fill them up manually? We are doing the oregorger fight atm and if we had a program that checked/noted the cds used and the damage taken it would help a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anmyk View Post
    Is there a program you use to generate those tables or did you fill them up manually? We are doing the oregorger fight atm and if we had a program that checked/noted the cds used and the damage taken it would help a lot.
    warcraftlogs

.................(___)..........
    .................|Oo|...........
    .......... /```` OO).........
    ........./ |____-- .......druids are fine, l2p
    .......*...L......L.............
    }}}

i just wanna say tnx to blizzard,finally they fix Guardian ,i hope ours dps will be good 2)) best luck 2 all Guardian druids out therepeace
    Last edited by mking8; 2015-05-11 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post

Here is how you properly mitigate orerger mythic without needing externals.

Also, I've done the first 5 bosses mythic without using pulverize.

I use GoE on Beastlord, Bristling Fur on Oregorger, Bristling Fur on Hans and Frans, Bristling Fur on Flamebender and Bristling Fur on Gruul.

Its simply better for those sorts of fights.
    Nice, i only started logging on warcraft last night so not really familiar with it. But i had a look and couldnt find this option, where abouts is it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Nice, i only started logging on warcraft last night so not really familiar with it. But i had a look and couldnt find this option, where abouts is it?
    Click on 'Problems'.

Then expand on 'Acid Torrent'.

I mean, when I tanked 10/10 a few weeks ago, I ran goe on 7/10 fights, and bristle on gruul/ore/kromog.

Having 900k health single target seems to make you impossible to kill, regardless of what talent you run, and since Goe/Bristle come out as higher damage, I ran them. ^-^