Thread: Old Raids

Old Raids

I see friends solo'n em weekly and its not for the mounts. Is there a big money maker in doing Firelands DS etc?

Deleted
    It's only "big money" if you have no idea how to use the auction house and your main money maker in pandaria was daily quests.
    No offense, but while people clear old raids for a few thousand gold a week others make a hundred thousand. It's really easy to make gold in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is mindless money, but a lot of the appeal there is getting the mount drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

15+ Year Old Account
    Transmogs perhaps?

Clearing old raids can be fun too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts, tmog gear, and gold. The cata bosses drop 125g each on 25 heroic, plus all the gold from gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    As for the auction house, you can toss your farmed/produced stuff into it for profit, but you can not actually "use" or "play" it. To do so, you would have to find an item which makes profit beyond the 5% cut from the seller, and then take another 5% cut when you relist it. So you have find items of which Blizzard goughes out 10% gold and still makes profit for another player, AND makes profit on top of that for you.
    AH flipping is hard as fuck now.
    I made a killing though on Draenic invis pots though. Bought them after the big wave of CM folks pushed (when they were sub-20s) and just now resold them for 4-5g each.

It's not nigh impossible, there's tons of people making money off the AH. You just need to have a certain amount of gold and you also need to be patient. I'm not one of those guys but for example I remember when I got the Everburning Candle from my salvage crates, I went to the AH and the lowest pricing was around 70k so I put it up for 80k. After like 10 hours the price had dropped to 50k and mine was still there. I went to sleep, went to work the other day and when I came back, mine was sold and the lowest price was 90k at that time. Even if you deduct the 5% fee, there's a 30-35k profit to be found there just in the space of a day or two.

You can imagine that someone who has the money to spare, the patience to not be too trigger-happy and a certain knowledge of how the prices fluctuate, would be able to make tons of money in the AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    It's not nigh impossible, there's tons of people making money off the AH. You just need to have a certain amount of gold and you also need to be patient. I'm not one of those guys but for example I remember when I got the Everburning Candle from my salvage crates, I went to the AH and the lowest pricing was around 70k so I put it up for 80k. After like 10 hours the price had dropped to 50k and mine was still there. I went to sleep, went to work the other day and when I came back, mine was sold and the lowest price was 90k at that time. Even if you deduct the 5% fee, there's a 30-35k profit to be found there just in the space of a day or two.

You can imagine that someone who has the money to spare, the patience to not be too trigger-happy and a certain knowledge of how the prices fluctuate, would be able to make tons of money in the AH.
    That's not playing the AH, that's posting an auction.

People that monitor prices of items in order to buy them at their low points and sell them at the high points are not just "posting an auction", they're playing the AH. The example I gave wasn't to show that I played the AH, as I just posted an auction and thought better than reposting it when values dropped. I just mentioned it to show that there are several occasions where a large profit margin can be gained by following the market and buying low-selling high.

Claiming that it's nigh-on impossible to make money of the AH must be up there with the most blind arguments I've seen, when so many people are making a fortune just through the AH.

Deleted
    It's a nice steady income each week, you get the gold from the bosses, vendor items which result in a good chuck of gold, pets & the chance of a mount. Much more fun than playing AH, besides you don't need hundreds of thousand gold unless you're looking for a gold sink like the 100k mounts etc or whatever crap they come up with.

In a month period I've made around 50-75k literally from running old raids alone (practically everyone of them), and they don't take long at all. Whereas AH is a waiting game.
    Last edited by mmocae040fe99f; 2015-03-05 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romulen View Post
    It's a nice steady income each week, you get the gold from the bosses, vendor items which result in a good chuck of gold, pets & the chance of a mount. Much more fun than playing AH, besides you don't need hundreds of thousand gold unless you're looking for a gold sink like the 100k mounts etc or whatever crap they come up with.

Last month I've made around 50-75k literally from running old raids alone (practically everyone of them), and they don't take long at all. Whereas AH is literally a waiting game.
    Plus, you don't have to sit at the AH constantly reposting your items. You can watch netflix(etc) while you farm the raids, get up anytime to eat/stretch/pee without worrying you're missing out on money.

Music for Jukebox drops in some raids too, maybe they are after it.

Yes, you can make some gold doing it. But I'd rather just slack at the AH to be honest. But if you're willing to, you can make some quick buck's farming them yeah.

Deleted
    It's really nice moneymaker even for top goldmaker players. I just don't run them specifically for gold. I treated the gold as a nice bonus on top of transmog gear and rare mount farming. It took me 104 attempts to get Ultraxion, 91 for Blazing, 94 for Flametalon, 68 for Millagazor... soloing those raids of few toons every week gave me A LOT of money in the long run. Propably 500k, maybe more. 90x DS25HC solo is like 200k gold alone. Gives me money to use at BMAH for truly painful to obtain mounts, such as MOP world boss ones (1/2000 drop chance, 2h spawn timer)

Also great for new players to get some easy starting gold very quickly. Those new players usually don't have the knowledge required to make 10k/h from AH but they can go to FL + DS 25hc and make 5k/h which is as good as it gets for them, really.