Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
I only read like half the OP, so I'll just answer to what I think is the point. Feel free to disregard it

I like how their savage side is not very pronounced. When you walk through night elf territory you get a calm (forest) and majestic (towns, guards and their weapons) vibe. It's only in close quarter combat that they show off their teeth.

I played a nelf druid for years, so to me the wild side is obvious. Their druids turn into animals and bite their enemies' faces off. Apart from that I think it's cool if it's kept to lore (is it?), ingame videoscenes and fiction (books etc). Kind of like it's almost a rumor that they have this side as well. But mostly you see their majestic side with their glaive weapons, moonwells and misty climate, beautiful architecture and so on.
not sure why people shouldn't see this, an animal is supposed to be ferocious and savage, night elf fighting in a huge bear form should be one of the most terrifying things, I can imagine one swipe shredding a head from it's shoulders. a swipe literally shreddinga body to bits.

Druids in any offensive mode are the most terrifying and powerful fighters ... which is a juxtaposition because they out of combat are the most dedicated to peace, tranquility and promotion of natural life. their spell casters able to alter the day/night dynamic, call powerful region wide hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, call fire from the stars and the moon and awake all of nature to fight agianst you, from trees coming to life, vines and shrubbery entangling you, animals coming to their aid.

the full extent of the druid is only partially represented in game, for balance reasons you don't see anything, in fact, a lot of the hunter and shaman abiltiies were taken from the druid for game purposes, which is why in the lore, it's the druids that see through animal eyes, rending the earth, powerful storms with lightning etc, talking to beasts and befriending them to the extent they can take their form, calling them to battle, waking up trees, growing plants and trees etc.. Hunters in the lore don't do half of the things their ability repertoire in-game gives, in fact arcane shot is something only elven archers can do, not orc ones, but the game doesn't distinguish in lore. The vast majority of shamans are enhancements, the sort of druid like powers Thrall wields is very much the exception and rare, the purview of only the excpetionally most powerful shaman, but run of the mill for druids.

They literally carved the elemental shaman from the druid, shaman in WC3 were enhancement, not elemental, that was a new thing to give the class more depth, do you not remember that the original colour of the druid wrath ability was a white lightning bolt - in fact the druids of the serpent in WC still used the old ability, on the players it was changed to nature's wrath when the shaman was designed.

likewise a lot of the beast affinity abilities for the hunter were also pulled from the druid, which is why you see druids with this capability in the lore, but not hunters and rarely shaman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verterdegete View Post
Tbh, its very hard to truly depict savagery and ferocity of any serious volume - in a PEGI 12 game. And when on top of that you add silly armors, pets, mounts, emotes that WoW is full of, it's kind of pointless anyways.
were you think of the night elf female /cheer emote? or the bounce animation? or just thinking of gnomes?