Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I'm not sure if you are trying to argue with me or agree with me? I'm completely in agreement with you, on my way to work I pass no less than 4 road-side memorials that have been there for well over 15 years, 3 of which involved 3-4 teenagers. The difference being that despite how stupid it is weed and other drugs are illegal and cigarettes/alcohol are legal. Drinking and driving is illegal, but the consumption of alcohol is legal. I drink from time to time (mostly scotch or beer) but I'm smart enough to drink responsibly and not to operate a vehicle while under the influence...some aren't that smart.
    True, but you don't get arrested with a home invasion because sold someone a case of bear, even moonshine.

I am agreeing with you that the lack of consistency is stupid and counter productive. But at the same time, this entire case with the police is just as bad if not worse and should never have happened in the first place.

It should be legalized, taxed and regulated or at the very minimum be placed as a low profile crime. There should never be a case of a no knock raid for something like a drug charge. I can understand it for a violent felony, but not a nonviolent offense.

Wasting all this time, money and ruining lives of a non-issue is just sad.

On that note, I have to go and won't be able to respond again for a while. Will read it later though.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Where did I say alcohol isn't evil? If someone wants to eat 40lbs of McDonalds or smoke 4 packs of cigarettes a day to kill themselves that is their choice, they aren't being forced to do that. Cheap food != healthy food. The difference being that Alcohol is legal, drugs (for the most part, there are exceptions) are illegal, alcohol is very easy to obtain due to this and it causes a lot of problems.
    So what are you saying really ... you don't fight against alcohol or food chains that poison community, because they are legal, but you fight against pot that can actually help ppl with pains, because it's illegal.

I don't see the angle in which you come out as a good guy, maybe you can enlighten me ?

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, people like me know law enforcement in other countries. So, comments like only Americans like me are more reflective of your assumptions and generalizations, than me or Americans. If US is a joke, what is Brazil? Mexico? Russia? China?....
    So this post was what, 20 pages ago? Still, wanted to comment to it.

You're right. My opinion, I despise some American cops. Why? Because I've read and see so many negative cases that I can't even comprehend how many I've seen. But the "fun" thing is, you don't really read about cases from other countries. It's not really as much "news" as when it happens in USA.

Some people who become cops do it for the power over other people, no question there. Those are the ones who shouldn't be police officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    So what are you saying really ... you don't fight against alcohol or food chains that poison community, because they are legal, but you fight against pot that can actually help ppl with pains, because it's illegal.

I don't see the angle in which you come out as a good guy, maybe you can enlighten me ?
    What are you talking about? Where did I say pot is bad? Please, enlighten me, where did I say this? Also, there are legitimate medical uses for alcohol as well as marijuana, if you are going to attempt to take shots at someone for no reason at least have the decency to educate yourself on the matter. Marijuana has good uses and bad uses, Alcohol has good uses and bad uses, cocaine/meth/crack do not have good uses. I don't see an angle in which you come out as a good guy here considering you are putting someone on blast solely because I don't think it is McDonalds fault that PersonA became morbidly obese, how about we blame the fact that buying organic costs probably 10x as much? If I want to go to the store right now and buy a steak filled with hormones and steroids it will cost me probably $8, if I want to buy the same grass-fed steak it will cost me $20. Not all people can afford to spend thousands extra a year on food just like not all people that eat McDonalds become morbidly obese. The mixture of unhealthy foods and irresponsible consumers is what causes that, thanks.

Feel free to reply, I won't be replying back to you. If you want to take things I say and twist them in your own weird way, feel free. I'm sure the owner of this nice stash was just trying to help our Grandma Jensen across the hall in 14B with her cramps and muscle pains.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbaeve View Post
    Quite disgusting but Im sure you can sympathise with why they did it
    No. I cannot sympathise why when they got a no knock warrant for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The problem is if you warn people ahead of time you're serving a warrant on their house then they're likely going to dispose/flush whatever it is that they shouldn't have. Even knocking on the door and waiting for people to answer it can give them time to dispose of the contraband.
    Whatever let them flush it down, if the police didn't have anything on them prior to assaulting their home then they had no basis for a no knock warrant anyway.
    Issuing those warrants under these circumstances should count as attempted premediated murder (of police and civilians).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    Disagreeing with a law doesn't mean you can break it either. This isn't some revolutionary trying to free the world from government oppression. He's a drug dealer.
    I do not see any trial? Are the judge in charge of his trial?

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is true then its pretty egregious... Not so sure its true though since the only link is to a weed enthusiast site... I am pretty sure if police busted into a house unannounced, instantly shot an unarmed, half naked man, all because of 200 grams of pot... It would get a lot more coverage and a lot more outrage...

No knock warrants need to go away though... Most states have laws that say a person can use deadly force to defend themselves inside of their own homes... If I heard someone kick in my door, UNANNOUNCED, I would probably immediately go for a weapon to defend myself... If I don't know who it is, it could be anyone... Well grabbing a weapon means you are a threat to the police and thus they can shoot you in self-defense...

What are you talking about? Where did I say pot is bad? Please, enlighten me, where did I say this? Also, there are legitimate medical uses for alcohol as well as marijuana, if you are going to attempt to take shots at someone for no reason at least have the decency to educate yourself on the matter. Marijuana has good uses and bad uses, Alcohol has good uses and bad uses, cocaine/meth/crack do not have good uses. I don't see an angle in which you come out as a good guy here considering you are putting someone on blast solely because I don't think it is McDonalds fault that PersonA became morbidly obese, how about we blame the fact that buying organic costs probably 10x as much? If I want to go to the store right now and buy a steak filled with hormones and steroids it will cost me probably $8, if I want to buy the same grass-fed steak it will cost me $20. Not all people can afford to spend thousands extra a year on food just like not all people that eat McDonalds become morbidly obese. The mixture of unhealthy foods and irresponsible consumers is what causes that, thanks.

Feel free to reply, I won't be replying back to you. If you want to take things I say and twist them in your own weird way, feel free. I'm sure the owner of this nice stash was just trying to help our Grandma Jensen across the hall in 14B with her cramps and muscle pains.
    You said something about explaining something to people that have family members killed ... and I know alcohol has good uses thank you very much, but when it comes to violent crimes, alcohol is worse than pot or other drugs. That was the angle I was talking about. And healthy food really does not need to be more expensive ... you don't need to eat steak every day.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I like how content Americans are with thier police force killing unarmed people.
    Not everyone is content. I'm sick of fucking tired of the bullshit going on, but not a whole hell of a lot I can do about it. I don't even know where i would start, outside of just being outraged on the internet. I got the internet outrage down.

Topic makes me sad, and just causes me to lose even more faith in police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The problem is if you warn people ahead of time you're serving a warrant on their house then they're likely going to dispose/flush whatever it is that they shouldn't have. Even knocking on the door and waiting for people to answer it can give them time to dispose of the contraband.
    If it's a small enough quantity that it will go down a toilet, it's not worthy of a no knock raid.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Also, there are legitimate medical uses for alcohol as well as marijuana, if you are going to attempt to take shots at someone for no reason at least have the decency to educate yourself on the matter. Marijuana has good uses and bad uses, Alcohol has good uses and bad uses, cocaine/meth/crack do not have good uses.
    Cocaine is a fantastic local anesthetic, a good general painkiller, and an effective stimulant.

Meth is pretty useless but it theoretically has some use as an anti-allergen, bronchidilator, and of course stimulant.

Crack is just cocaine in a smokable form.

something something decency to educate yourself

So the people that were zoned out of their minds on weed says there was no knock?. Yeah sure there wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

This is Derek. I feel bad for his family.
    Is that really him, yeah Id shoot too if I saw him coming at me.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.