Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Now, THIS is a combo

So, this happened on turn 2 (took the SS on turn 3):

So, for those wondering how:
    Coin --> Preparation --> Sap --> Edwin VanCleef

Of course, I didn't have an Aldor Peacekeeper or Ironbeak Owl in my hand, nor did either show up in the next two card draws.

I understand people can get amazing hands at the start, but damn. That was one hell of a hand.

**Not complaining about Rogues or asking for nerfs, just awestruck and never witnessed that before.**

It's fairly common. Just need to go 2nd with Prep and Edwin.

It's auto win if your opponent doesn't have an answer.

I haven't seen this before. Really cool combo!

That's essentially the core combo of the old miracle Rogue. Which doesn't see a lot of play these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen Coin->wisp->wisp->backstab-> edwin.

Insta-concede, because RNGesus has his back.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Yeah it's 1 of those "auto win" conditions some Rogue decks use to increase their chances. Bit less often seen after GvG though.

Think the best or at least the best in tournament play, that I have seen was Savjz in Seatstory Cup 2 with a turn 3 14/14 VanCleef.

It was done with coin + Prep + Shiv + Sinister + Prep + Eviscerate + VanCleef. What made it even dirtier was the Conceal he drew next turn and all that was against a Druid with Wild Growth start followed by on curve Yeti, Spectral Knight and innervate Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish I had taken a screenshot but I was to happy with the result, got Gazhilla to 96 attack, hit a druid with 67 overkill. My combo of the night :P
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Deleted
    6/6 Edwin would be better in current meta tho because so many people run BGH cause of Doctor Balanced.
    Less likely to get answered at turn 2 (coin) or 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    I've seen Coin->wisp->wisp->backstab-> edwin.

Insta-concede, because RNGesus has his back.

I had to step away from my desk for a few minutes after seeing that Rogue drop an 8/8 on turn two. I can only imagine what you felt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post

I had to step away from my desk for a few minutes after seeing that Rogue drop an 8/8 on turn two. I can only imagine what you felt.
    Pretty much. I think I stopped playing HS for a solid week after that.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Druid can get nasty too.

Unstable Portal, Coin, Flame Cannon, Van Cleef. Saw that play twice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even better is Coin + Portal + VC for a turn 1 6/

The ONLY way to answer it on turn 2 without burning multiple spells (BS + Evis, Evis + Prep + Evis, WW + Exe, Wrath + Innerv + Wrath are all I can think of) is with an Owl or Sap.

Oh and I guess Innerv + KotG.

Otherwise he's an unaswerable turn 1 play AND safe from a turn 3 BGH.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yeah, I conceded to that combo the other day. Felt good, considering I was already on a losing streak that had put me up to Rank 20.

What can I say? When I want to win a quest, I just keep playing that deck over and over and over until I finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    Unstable Portal, Coin, Flame Cannon, Van Cleef. Saw that play twice.
    so thats a turn 3 play. Therefor you should have at least 4 mana for removal which is easily accomplish with bgh, hex, poly, whirl+execute, aldor (not a removale but makes the guys worthless), deadly shot, naturalize, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Even better is Coin + Portal + VC for a turn 1 6/

The ONLY way to answer it on turn 2 without burning multiple spells (BS + Evis, Evis + Prep + Evis, WW + Exe, Wrath + Innerv + Wrath are all I can think of) is with an Owl or Sap.

Oh and I guess Innerv + KotG.

Otherwise he's an unaswerable turn 1 play AND safe from a turn 3 BGH.
    Or Annoy-o-tron + pray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I really think Edwin is a misunderstood and awesome card. I see people make the mistake of blowing a bunch of low cost cards lategame and dropping him, but simple stuff like this or even a coin turn 3 gives him 4/4 to make him a ghetto Tinkmaster that can be played on turn 2 without relying on a clockwork gnome to live a turn.

I dunno what I was expecting, but ... just so you know, there're multiple turn 2 wins that does not involve your opponent helping you. The easiest example being turn 1 young dragonhawk then turn 2 coin double cold blood, abusive sergeant, and two shadowsteps.

It's all fun and games until you blow your whole hand on putting up a huge van cleef just to see it get silenced. I suppose in the current meta that's less likely than it used to be.