Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    The elephants were the sole reason to go to the circus? Seriously?

The last time I went to the circus, the elephants were among the most boring part of the acts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    I doubt that you would know if he was or was not getting the right care, and I know the elephant was in no way "loved" by it's owner.
    The handler who followed us around the track clearly loved the animal and was as concerned about the elephant's safety as she was about mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    The elephants were the sole reason to go to the circus? Seriously?
    That's what I'm saying! European circuses back in the day often didn't have elephants.

Deleted
    Anybody ever seen Water for Elephants?

I wish I didn't (I was bored and it seemed nice) and even in that the elephant who was only supposed to be acting that she was an old abused circus elephant, WAS an old abused circus elephant. And what I assumed was super imposed or CGI of the elephant standing on her head, turned out she had been taught to do that on command only after weeks of electrocution, basically torturing her and other elephants into performing unnatural moves. The actors and everyone involved had no idea until later after an investigation was held after someone had suspicions.

People need to learn that while it can be fine to teach an animal a harmless trick, maybe like lifting a foot or waving, can be fine as long as it's taught using positive reinforcement. Like training a dog, you don't have to beat it to get to do something because it will do it out of love/wanting treats.

I'm glad they're slowly weaning animals out of circuses, it was entertaining to the simple people 200 years ago +, but now we are supposed to be smart enough to know they have feelings and shouldn't be forced into performing.

This is long overdue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Lemur View Post
    Anybody ever seen Water for Elephants?

I wish I didn't (I was bored and it seemed nice) and even in that the elephant who was only supposed to be acting that she was an old abused circus elephant, WAS an old abused circus elephant. And what I assumed was super imposed or CGI of the elephant standing on her head, turned out she had been taught to do that on command only after weeks of electrocution, basically torturing her and other elephants into performing unnatural moves. The actors and everyone involved had no idea until later after an investigation was held after someone had suspicions.

People need to learn that while it can be fine to teach an animal a harmless trick, maybe like lifting a foot or waving, can be fine as long as it's taught using positive reinforcement. Like training a dog, you don't have to beat it to get to do something because it will do it out of love/wanting treats.

I'm glad they're slowly weaning animals out of circuses, it was entertaining to the simple people 200 years ago +, but now we are supposed to be smart enough to know they have feelings and shouldn't be forced into performing.
    I've seen parts of it. "An Apology to Elephants" was more interesting/sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    So one is infraction-worthy and one isn't...

ayy
    Mine was more light hearted and comical I'm not insulting people!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

It simply is not possible to keep an elephant engaged and happy in such a small, but mobile environment as a circus.

Deleted
    Fuck it then I'll get my own.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Fuck it then I'll get my own.
    Stampy!!

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Damn PETA type people
    Do you think those elephants have an enjoyable life?
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-03-06 at 09:11 PM.